George W. Bush Presidential Library At 2943 SMU Blvd.

Has there been any movement to get president Bush to build his presidential library here in Houston? I think thay would a a fantastic addition to the city and great tourist attraction. Like him or not, he has presided over arguable the most important presidency since WW2 and the items that would be contained in the library would be excellent to see! Hopefully we are on the radar as a location for it. Would be nice to put it downtown or in the museum district! Preferably on or somewhere near the train route to make it asseble to many more than by car :)

Any thoughts?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Has there been any movement to get president Bush to build his presidential library here in Houston? I think thay would a a fantastic addition to the city and great tourist attraction. Like him or not, he has presided over arguable the most important presidency since WW2 and the items that would be contained in the library would be excellent to see! Hopefully we are on the radar as a location for it. Would be nice to put it downtown or in the museum district! Preferably on or somewhere near the train route to make it asseble to many more than by car :)

Any thoughts?

Any thoughts? Well, there's a loaded question. No problem, though. It seems we'll be denied the humiliation of having a Bush presidential library here in Houston for a couple of reasons.

#1: SMU probaly has it wrapped up.

#2 UH and Rice have no intrest in sponsoring this president's library.

B)

the finalist for the george bush library are:

smu

baylor

texas tech/midland

university of dallas

most believe that smu will be the chosen destination, but i'm not among that contingent. i would not be at all surprised if texas tech/midland or baylor were chosen as the location. he has strong ties in west texas and he does reside in crawford, which is a small drive from waco.

the finalist for the george bush library are:

smu

baylor

texas tech/midland

university of dallas

most believe that smu will be the chosen destination, but i'm not among that contingent. i would not be at all surprised if texas tech/midland or baylor were chosen as the location. he has strong ties in west texas and he does reside in crawford, which is a small drive from waco.

Can't see Houston being considered for a GWB library. George H.W. Bush already has a library in College Station, AND has Houston's airport named after him. His only direct ties to Houston is his father's residence, friends and business partners, and he once governed the state. That's just about it.

I'd say Austin and Dallas/Fort Worth would be where it'd be located. Austin, because that's where he lived when governor, and Dallas/Fort Worth, because he once owned the Rangers. I say UT, Texas Tech, or SMU would be more likely. Dark horse: Baylor.

By the way, I can't ever see an airport named after GWB. GWB Airport and GHWB airport might be too confusing for the FAA :)

Bush will take a page from Clinton and put it in Waco. In hopes to spur economic development, etc.

Waco is near Crawford, you know.

Putting it across from HP would just reinforce Bush's elieteism. He's gotta save some face somewhere.

And this is an excellent way to suck up to the Baptists.

Almost as much as I love far right-wing conservative intolerance. I think this would make a great Gallery of Intolerance in the Bush Library.

rush.jpgdelay_mug_hammer_small.jpgzell.gifPat%20Robertson.gifJerry%20Falwell.gif

what's so funny about liberals..their hatred for a man overshadows their rationality..especially when one with such colorful pics saved in their harddrive just for such occasions to post.

Archived