Layne's Chicken Fingers - 2359 S. Shepherd Dr.

hindesky

On 5/24/2023 at 1:00 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

Good catch, @hindesky. I'm sure fans of Layne's Chicken Fingers restaurant will be thrilled about this location at 2359 S Shepherd Dr (2359 South Shepherd Dr).

The Layne's Chicken Fingers from College Station, Texas?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Luminare said:

The Layne's Chicken Fingers from College Station, Texas?

fun stuff!!!! used to go here whenever i was with the blue october guys for their college station shows! that whole time was quintessential good ole' days :) 

On 5/25/2023 at 12:15 PM, talltexan83 said:

Blue October?!! I recall you mentioning them in other posts.  With John Nova Lomax passing away this week, I recall the tiff he used to have with them.......hopefully since resolved.

Time for Layne's to come for the Cane's crown in Montrose.

Yep! Justin is my best friend of 27 years! and oh wow...yeah his cover story of them in Houston Press was brutal haha...but the funnier part is, years later Justin agreed with some of what he said and laughed it off....

i think there was some sort of interaction of communication between them at one point but wow that was so long ago! May John RIP... I still have a stack of those Houston Press papers with the blue/black/white photo of Justin on the cover titled Little Boy Blue (*which they eventually removed that article online as the Press staff agreed it went a little too far...)!  

Edited by gene
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

In a recent press release distributed to local news outlets, Layne's Chicken Fingers officially announced its upcoming location in Montrose.

Layne's Chicken Fingers is opening at 2359 S Shepherd Dr. According to the release, the restaurants anticipates opening later this year.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/food-culture/restaurants-bars/article/layne-s-chicken-fingers-montrose-houston-18135784.php

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • The title was changed to Layne's Chicken Fingers - 2359 S. Shepherd Dr.
  • 4 weeks later...

Layne's / Layne's Chicken Fingers opens next week to the public. According to Houston Chronicle, the restaurant will hold its grand opening January 20.

Layne's located in the Montrose area at 2359 South Shepherd Dr.

Additional details from today's Houston Chronicle article:

The Montrose location, which features a large astronaut chicken logo overlooking the intersection of Shepherd and Fairview, will have 15 seats for dining in as well as a drive-thru window. 

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/food-culture/restaurants-bars/article/laynes-chicken-fingers-montrose-opening-18603406.php

• Like 1