Grafitti Park - 1503 Chartres St.

• The title was changed to Grafitti Park - 1503 Chartres St.
2 hours ago, 004n063 said:

Did they block access to people? Or just cars?

Cars, I think this building is going to demolished soon thus the lane dividers. The side along the frontage road is also blocked. Further down the feeder are some more concrete lane dividers, I often see 18 wheelers parked at the second one. This is all part of the IH45 realignment.

mGrud4z.jpg

OV5Qe1x.jpg

3uTmOyA.jpg

touYJTe.jpg

ypbjUFi.jpg

These are on the south side of Canal St which dead ends at the rail tracks.

z0DkZSR.jpg

On 4/8/2023 at 7:56 AM, wilcal said:

I've definitely seen some cars doing burnouts in the lot. Maybe they want to keep cars out?

Put some in front of City Hall.  That's another magnet.

Heck HPD can't even keep them from doing donuts on the corners right by police headquarters.  They're just not afraid.

I drove by there early Saturday afternoon, there were people with flags waving cars into the lot to park there for the club across the street. did they make an agreement with the owners of the land for parking exclusivity, or were they taking advantage of the situation?

1 hour ago, samagon said:

I drove by there early Saturday afternoon, there were people with flags waving cars into the lot to park there for the club across the street. did they make an agreement with the owners of the land for parking exclusivity, or were they taking advantage of the situation?

club across the street? I haven't seen/heard of a club in that area. 

• 2 weeks later...

They encircled the highway dividers so no one can park in it, but increased some parking next to the real estate office building. Graffiti artist have added tiny murals to the dividers.

I used to love going to the Meridian music club because they had the large main stage and when a set was over another band would play a set on the small stage, plus the place was huge.

BSnGzbT.jpg