Seamist Mixed-Use Development

Urbannizer

https://www.arcthreestudio.com/seamist-mixed-use

Seamist drive sits on the western edge of the Houston Heights, just inside the 610 loop. We were asked to proposed a retail and office building that would have a connection to Jaycee Park across the street, and design a vibrant green space which would be a destination for all. Architectural explorations are still underway, but this proposal situates an L shape building with two cuts through the building on the ground floor to allow for pedestrian access from all points on the site. A shallow A-frame with an external skin that wraps and folds around the building creates different covered spaces for retail users, while composite and wood siding clad both the retail and office spaces respectively. All of which sits on a raised pad looking down into a lush green space, providing the perfect setting for an evening meal with the family, or the perfect respite from the work day. Stay tuned for more on this site next year!

Exterior+View+1-2.jpg?format=2600w

Exterior+View+2-2.jpg?format=2600w

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Urbannizer said:

Seamist drive sits on the western edge of the Houston Heights, just inside the 610 loop. We were asked to proposed a retail and office building that would have a connection to Jaycee Park across the street, and design a vibrant green space which would be a destination for all. Architectural explorations are still underway, but this proposal situates an L shape building with two cuts through the building on the ground floor to allow for pedestrian access from all points on the site. A shallow A-frame with an external skin that wraps and folds around the building creates different covered spaces for retail users, while composite and wood siding clad both the retail and office spaces respectively. All of which sits on a raised pad looking down into a lush green space, providing the perfect setting for an evening meal with the family, or the perfect respite from the work day. Stay tuned for more on this site next year!

yQXeMfl.jpg

QlhI8RR.jpg

Another conceptual rendering of the proposed Seamist mixed-use from Arc Three Studio's website:

iyJCRfw.jpg

• Like 2

I wonder where this proposed mixed-use is going up?

According to the description on the architect's site:

Seamist Drive sits on the western edge of the Houston Heights, just inside the 610 loop. We were asked to proposed a retail and office building that would have a connection to Jaycee Park across the street, and design a vibrant green space which would be a destination for all. Architectural explorations are still underway, but this proposal situates an L shape building with two cuts through the building on the ground floor to allow for pedestrian access from all points on the site. A shallow A-frame with an external skin that wraps and folds around the building creates different covered spaces for retail users, while composite and wood siding clad both the retail and office spaces respectively. All of which sits on a raised pad looking down into a lush green space, providing the perfect setting for an evening meal with the family, or the perfect respite from the work day. Stay tuned for more on this site next year!

The surrounding warehouse properties across from Jaycee Park are:

• 1215 Seamist Dr.
  • 1225 Seamist Dr.
  • 1331 Seamist Dr.
  • 1441 Seamist Dr.
  • 1440 Greengrass Dr.
  • 1302 Greengrass Dr.
  • 6880 Wynwood Lane
  • 6850 Wynwood Lane
  • 6840 Wynwood Lane
  • 6867 Wynwood Lane
  • 6827-2839 Wynwood Lane
  • 6853-6859 Wynwood Lane
  • 6817 Wynwood Lane
  • 6807 Wynwood Lane
  • 6803 Wynwood Lane

Harris County parcel map

gFWvsaV.jpg

pEQP2oB.jpg

q6XIe0g.jpg

Bl8VGXV.jpg

• Like 1

Just now, IntheKnowHouston said:

I wonder where this proposed mixed-use is going up?

Maybe the proposed Seamist mixed-use development will be located at 1331 Seamist Dr. I think this is in the Lazy Brook-Timbergrove area.

The property was acquired in 2016 by Pinto Realty Partners LLC. Pinto Realty Partners is a wholly owned subsidiary of Cockrell Interests. According to county and city records, Pinto Realty Partners received approval for a replat in 2020. The replat was to create an unrestricted reserve. The plat is named Haven at Seamist.

Vqv3AfS.jpg

I3dYXcr.jpg

YG1FMBB.jpg

Y9tvRfC.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, IntheKnowHouston said:

Maybe the proposed Seamist mixed-use development will be located at 1331 Seamist Dr. I think this is in the Lazy Brook-Timbergrove area.

The property was acquired in 2016 by Pinto Realty Partners LLC. Pinto Realty Partners is a wholly owned subsidiary of Cockrell Interests. According to county and city records, Pinto Realty Partners received approval for a replat in 2020. The replat was to create an unrestricted reserve. The plat is named Haven at Seamist.

Vqv3AfS.jpg

I3dYXcr.jpg

YG1FMBB.jpg

Y9tvRfC.jpg

Haven is what Guefen Partners generally names their developments. Potentially a multi-family deal.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
On 1/3/2023 at 12:42 AM, Urbannizer said:

On 1/3/2023 at 8:22 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

The surrounding warehouse properties across from Jaycee Park are:

• 1215 Seamist Dr.
  • 1225 Seamist Dr.
  • 1331 Seamist Dr.
  • 1441 Seamist Dr.
  • 1440 Greengrass Dr.
  • 1302 Greengrass Dr.
  • 6880 Wynwood Lane
  • 6850 Wynwood Lane
  • 6840 Wynwood Lane
  • 6867 Wynwood Lane
  • 6827-2839 Wynwood Lane
  • 6853-6859 Wynwood Lane
  • 6817 Wynwood Lane
  • 6807 Wynwood Lane
  • 6803 Wynwood Lane

Harris County parcel map
pEQP2oB.jpg

Are there any recent updates for this proposed project? Does anyone the location? 

There is a recent sewer disconnect permit for 1441 Seamist Dr. I'm not that familiar with sewer disconnect permits, so I'm uncertain what it's for.

Edited by IntheKnowHouston
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, IntheKnowHouston said:

Are there any recent updates for this proposed project? Does anyone the location? 

There is a recent sewer disconnect permit for 1441 Seamist Dr. I'm not that familiar with sewer disconnect permits, so I'm uncertain what it's for.

The city will require you to disconnect from its sewer system if you are planning to demolish a building. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HNathoo said:

The city will require you to disconnect from its sewer system if you are planning to demolish a building. 

That's what I thought, still, I wanted to be certain. Thanks for explaining and confirming.

As someone who owns and develops properties in the area, do you know what's in store for 1441 Seamist Dr, @HNathoo?

On 8/24/2023 at 12:04 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

That's what I thought, still, I wanted to be certain. Thanks for explaining and confirming.

As someone who owns and develops properties in the area, do you know what's in store for 1441 Seamist Dr, @HNathoo?

Wish I did. Made a run at a property nearby at 6803 wynnwood, but got beat out on it. Really like this area a lot. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HNathoo said:

Wish I did. Made a run at a property nearby at 6803 wynnwood, but got beat out on it.

Oh no. Thanks anyways.

4 hours ago, HNathoo said:

Really like this area a lot. 

I like this area a lot for its potential. In the next 10 years, the transformation of this neighborhood is going to be something. 

• 1 month later...
On 8/23/2023 at 12:53 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

On 8/23/2023 at 8:57 PM, HNathoo said:

A follow up to the post regarding a sewer disconnect permit issued for 1441 Seamist Dr in August: In the comments of the inspection report / project status, it was noted the permit is "not [for] a building demo, only demo of sewer from grease trap to city sewer. Grease trap is going to be storage from floor drain pumped out and disposed."

Still unsure where the mixed-use project posted by Urbannizer is going on Seamist Drive.

On 1/2/2023 at 11:42 PM, Urbannizer said:

Exterior+View+1-2.jpg?format=2600w

Exterior+View+2-2.jpg?format=2600w

On 1/3/2023 at 3:54 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

Another conceptual rendering of the proposed Seamist mixed-use from Arc Three Studio's website:

iyJCRfw.jpg

Arc Three Studio posted the following update yesterday pertaining to the initial renderings of the proposed Seamist Dr mixed-use development:

This design is undergoing some modifications to convert it to a phased approach, but the original design seen here was amazing. A shallow A-frame with an external skin that wraps and folds around the building creates different covered spaces for retail users, while composite and wood siding clad both the retail and office spaces respectively. All of which sits on a raised pad looking down into a lush green space, providing the perfect setting for an evening meal with the family, or the perfect respite from the work day. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cy6BHCnA75e

The address for the mixed-use development wasn't included in the social media post.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • The title was changed to Seamist Mixed-Use Development
On 1/28/2024 at 4:47 PM, hindesky said:

It's not on the CBRE web site anymore.

qhizpAs.jpeg

5s6Uc1c.jpeg

On 1/28/2024 at 4:53 PM, hindesky said:

himyXO8.png

otbY3Lo.png

Cl610UE.png

lSAAJCz.png

Just so there is no confusion, the proposed mixed-use @Urbannizer posted has NOT been confirmed to be at 1331 Seamist Dr. That address was pure speculation on my part. And as a result of that speculation, it seems the topic has diverged into posts about 1331 Seamist Dr.

I messaged Arc Three Studio last fall about the proposed mixed-use. In their response, they said it's still on the table. An estimated timeline wasn't provided. I asked if it's located at the address I speculated, they replied it wasn't. When I asked for a specific address, Arc Three Studio said they can't provide it due to their contract with the developer. So, I'm taking them at their word (though some developers and business owners are sometimes dishonest when they don't want to confirm a project.)

To clear that up, I created a topic for 1331 Seamist Dr. If the development discussed here turns out to be slated for 1331 Seamist Dr, moderators can always merge the two topics. Until then, here's a separate topic for 1331 Seamist Dr.

https://www.houstonarchitecture.com/topic/53408-1331-seamist-dr/

Edited by IntheKnowHouston

• The title was changed to Seamist Mixed-Use Development