Random Questions

VelvetJ

I thought I would start a thread where people could just ask random questions and hope someone can answer them. I couldn't really think of a place to ask this particular question, so I decided to create a place. Here goes.

What exactly are the alcohol laws in Houston with regard to public consumption? If a friend and I wanted to have a picnic in Hermann Park and we wanted to pack wine glasses and a bottle of wine to go along with our lunch, could we do so? The last thing I would want is to have a police officer ruin a great picnic. That would be worse than ants -_- . Would anyone happen to know the answer to this?

On another note, can anyone recommend a really good mayonnaise other than the typical Helmann's/Miracle Whip, and where could I find it in Houston?

I thought I would start a thread where people could just ask random questions and hope someone can answer them. I couldn't really think of a place to ask this particular question, so I decided to create a place. Here goes.

What exactly are the alcohol laws in Houston with regard to public consumption? If a friend and I wanted to have a picnic in Hermann Park and we wanted to pack wine glasses and a bottle of wine to go along with our lunch, could we do so? The last thing I would want is to have a police officer ruin a great picnic. That would be worse than ants -_- . Would anyone happen to know the answer to this?

On another note, can anyone recommend a really good mayonnaise other than the typical Helmann's/Miracle Whip, and where could I find it in Houston?

You can't have glass in the park.

Most parks will have a sign that says No Alcoholic Beverages. Whenever we go to Miller Outdoor for a show we always bring wine, as do many others. Though glass is prohibited, many people have bottles. we usually have plastic glasses and leave the bottle in a bag.

I've never noticed the No Alcohol sign at Hermann, mostly just the smaller parks.

Just by a couple of bottles of Thunderbird, and leave it wrapped in the paper sacks, the cops will probably mistake you for bums and not bother you at all.

MMMmmmmmmmmmmm.........nothing like warm wine with a screw cap wrapped in a paperbag. :wub:

Thanks for the links sevfiv. You may have saved me from going to jail :). I guess we will be purchasing those plasic red cups and hope skwatra is correct about there not being any "No Alcohol Permitted" signs in Hermann Park.

Anyone have any mayo suggestions for me? There seems to be all sorts of mustards in the supermarkets but the mayonnaise selections are very limited. I need a good quality mayo.

Anyone know of a grocery store which stocks Nance's Sharp & Creamy Mustard?

Kroger used to carry it, but can't find it now....

Also, looking for Jolt Cola and Zweigle's White Hots - and yes, I've tried Spec's.

Anyone know of a grocery store which stocks Nance's Sharp & Creamy Mustard?

Kroger used to carry it, but can't find it now....

Also, looking for Jolt Cola and Zweigle's White Hots - and yes, I've tried Spec's.

I want to say they carry Jolt at the Exxon on Kingsland and 99, I will double check for you .

no problemo

for mayonnaise...hmm...try something foreign - french ideally (whole foods/central market maybe?) i dunno, just a shot in the dark...

on the other hand, i would not recommend this:

mki1qa.jpg

^_^

I'd like to tour a factory where they make those condiments in a plastic packet. I'd like to see how the ketchup/mayonaisse/mustard, etc., are put in and are sealed.

Archived