What Are You Drinking?

musicman

• 1 month later...

How about CatBirds on Westheimer. The music, jazz lounge, is never too loud. They have no food except popcorn. Their drinks are stiff and...well...that pretty much makes a good bar. And it's been around for well over 10 years. I'm not sure exactly how long....

There's a picture and some info here....

Catbirds

Warren's inn is very cool too. An old favorite of mine.

Warrens is great becuase you don't get the Riff Raff. I used to like Slainte but it has gone a little downhill the past couple of months. Limelight and Speak Easy are a couple of other bars I frequented but are now closed.

Flying Saucer is ok, GRAB is a great dive bar.

Well my partner and I just hit the swamp on Pacific Street with the gay bars. The drinks are much cheaper than the straight bars when we go out with some straight friends.

The swamp consists of JR's, The Mining Company, South Beach, 611. There are some more, but we don't frequent them. Meteor is good to, but you have to hit the specials.

I also like Guava Lamp at Waugh and D'Amico.

I still think JR's on Sundays is the best with $1 wells, and if you become good friends with the bartender you can get more expensive stuff for a dollar too!

Any recommendations for Best Bar?  I like those with good jazz in the background that can make a stiff drink.  Warren's Inn on Travis is my favorite.  Kind of like the Cheers of Houston.  NORM!

there is the gingerman in the village. once a week they have a free food spread and 1 free vendor beer and glass. i would call because it might be each wednesday or a 3rd wednesday sort of thing. various things on tap & good beer prices.

the flying saucer is nice too (you can ride the lightrail there and it's near some nice buildings - near the rice hotel) but some of their waitstaff can be a little neglectful. they have a buy the beer, get the glass nights and some other vendor night specials. pricey prices, though.

• The title was changed to What Are You Drinking?

Archived