1315 St Emanuel St

1 hour ago, j_cuevas713 said:

If they leave the ROW like that, then I'm going to go crazy

I hear that in San Francisco there's a wheelchair-bound lawyer who earns a pretty good living suing over the sorts of things that are common in Houston.

1 hour ago, editor said:

I hear that in San Francisco there's a wheelchair-bound lawyer who earns a pretty good living suing over the sorts of things that are common in Houston.

That's not as easy as it used to be. Businesses in California can pay a "Certified ADA consultant" a few thousand dollars and make themselves immune from being sued for a handrail being 3/8 of an inch too high.

On 5/16/2023 at 5:40 PM, editor said:

If there's any truth to that story, apparently those sorts of things must be pretty common in San Francisco!

Edited by Houston19514

2 hours ago, TacoDog said:

10 minutes is a long time to find parking.

If 10 minutes is a long time, they're better off just stay home 😂 most of the nightlife scene is like that especially in the urban areas of town. If you want 10 minute parking, your best bet is going somewhere in the suburbs of far out of the center.

• Like 2

On 5/24/2023 at 12:32 PM, Amlaham said:

If 10 minutes is a long time, they're better off just stay home 😂 most of the nightlife scene is like that especially in the urban areas of town. If you want 10 minute parking, your best bet is going somewhere in the suburbs of far out of the center.

Do you really think it's acceptable to spend as much time looking for parking as it takes to drive there? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TacoDog said:

Do you really think it's acceptable to spend as much time looking for parking as it takes to drive there? 

That choice is literally on you. If you don't feel like its worth it, don't go? This concept applies everywhere, any mall, any shopping area, any dense area..... you need to look for parking. If you don't like the idea of sitting inside your AC'd vehicle for an extra few minutes to look for parking, don't go to that place, move, take a rideshare, bike there, the options are endless. HOWEVER, if you're not even from/live in the area, it doesn't give you or anyone who's outside of the area the right to demand/ expect parking. Parking, specifically parking lots, make affordability a problem as prime land is used for nothing but cars instead of housing/needs for the neighborhood. These parking lots also create heat islands and legit does nothing for the actual neighborhood. 

Edited by Amlaham
  • Like 3

On 5/25/2023 at 3:24 PM, Amlaham said:

Parking, specifically parking lots, make affordability a problem as prime land is used for nothing but cars instead of housing/needs for the neighborhood. These parking lots also create heat islands and legit does nothing for the actual neighborhood. 

Agreed! When I saw the trenches being dug for the conduit, my immediate thought was, "Not another parking lot." Also, with the number of bars located along St. Emmanuel within 5 blocks of this lot, driving should not be encouraged.

• Like 3