Lockwood South: Buffalo Bayou Multifamily At 733 N. Drennan St.

CREguy13

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/18/2023 at 3:37 PM, hindesky said:

Apparently Camden Builders is doing the construction. There will be an entrance on N. Drennan St. and on Lockwood Dr.

Houston needs to steal the name Chocolate Bayou from Brazoria County.

tyYar4r.jpg

If they really must...
So what's going to happen with the old Proler yard when they get done with clean-up?

• 2 weeks later...

I wish our drone pilots would give us an overview of the progress of development along eastern Buffalo bayou. Starting at Allens Landing through downtown east to as far as construction along the bayou continues. It would be nice to see the area where the new northern canal is going to connect with White Oak and its cut across to the eventual reconnect with Buffalo bayou. It would also be nice to have overall images of the area from Lockwood to Jensen to get an overall idea of all that is going on.

Only wishing. I do think it would be advantageous to have this over view.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, 004n063 said:

Do you know if this project will eventually open onto Eastwood/Ira street? Or will it only be accessible via Lockwood?

As of now the only entrance to this is from N. Drennan St. If and when they build the two other phases it will have an entrance on Lockwood. The city would have to buy the land on Eastwood that leads in to this which I doubt they will do.

jLAOH1u.png

• Like 2

2 hours ago, hindesky said:

As of now the only entrance to this is from N. Drennan St. If and when they build the two other phases it will have an entrance on Lockwood. The city would have to buy the land on Eastwood that leads in to this which I doubt they will do.

jLAOH1u.png

Thanks for the info. That's too bad.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know what will happen to the Proler Southwest yard directly north of the bayou from here? On a typical morning smoke and odor can be seen and smelled quite prominently from this new apartment area. Hard to imagine that being compatible with apartments and a park system long term but I can’t find any plans to shut down or relocate Proler. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 12/28/2023 at 6:29 PM, hindesky said:

Google Maps doesn't know where this address is and I think it will be a park at the Lockwood South project which has plans for a park section and the permit say Buffalo Bayou Partnership who owns the land.

ZZ1I6h3.png

The Buffalo Bayou East 10-Year Plan mentions "Street name change of unimproved Foley Street to Marron Park Way".  "New or enhanced public streets connecting to the Park: Marron Park Way; Lockwood Drive (to Harrisburg Blvd.); Navigation Greenway (Lockwood Dr. to Mack St.)"

https://www.houstontx.gov/council/committees/bfacommittee/20220927/bfa_presentation_9_27_22.pdf

https://buffalobayou.org/our-work/tony-marron-park/

image.png.a081162ac892c094cd3bbe346edfc187.png

• Like 5