Binz Apartments At 2004 Binz St.

Highrise Tower

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Urbannizer said:

I agree but better quality of materials and design than this one.

What materials would you use if you were building these? What design changes would you make? I have very little imagination when it comes to that part of building, and would probably build these exactly as they appear, so am curious as to the alternatives.

I think that in terms of costs, and going on the assumption that these are somewhat disposable buildings, there's not a lot wrong.  Our house is 70+ years old, frame, and had cedar shakes. We replaced the cedar with Hardi 8 years ago, so the house is pretty much the same as these apartments.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ross said:

What materials would you use if you were building these? What design changes would you make? I have very little imagination when it comes to that part of building, and would probably build these exactly as they appear, so am curious as to the alternatives.

Something street-oriented and not dingbatty (ground floor street engagement).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This is why we can't have nice smooth roads in Houston. Developers cut in to the street to tie their utilities to the city's but never repair it like it was, it's either dips or bumps. Surprised city inspectors let them get away with it.💵  Most developers will go back with asphalt instead of the original concrete.

7paoL2x.jpeg

tz6oT6y.jpeg

ABj0BZf.jpeg

sv2qgM6.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

• 4 weeks later...

The paint lines look a bit...strange. They appear to based on distance from the top of the windows instead of being the same on all sides. I don't think I've seen that color scheme before, so that's at least something different.

• Like 1