Grand Parkway Shoppes

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here's the latest on the Mall at 99 and 1-10. Among other things it shows where Dillards and Macy's will be built and the proposed time frame for each phase of the openings.

http://www.simon.com/mall/LeasingSheet/Grand1206.pdf

Wow. This looks great. Does anyone know who the "luxury" department stores will be? Has the developer begun talks with these stores?

• 1 month later...
Here's the latest on the Mall at 99 and 1-10. Among other things it shows where Dillards and Macy's will be built and the proposed time frame for each phase of the openings.

http://www.simon.com/mall/LeasingSheet/Grand1206.pdf

Morton Ranch High School has a good zone. They are also going to build a neighborhood with lakes right behind the development. David Powers type homes and wide lots are going there.

That PDF is real nice though.

Obviously ..............many people critize Morton Ranch High School......because is a ver diversed school. But Diversity is what makes the world beautiful! 48% white........35% Hispanics........11% African America........ 6% Asians................all nicely divided! This is area is getting better each year................I'm moving there for sure!!!!! :P

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Here are some new facts from Simon's website:

theGrand.jpg

The Grand - Opening Fall 2008

Projected Opening:

Phase I Summer 2009

Phase II 2010-2011

* GLA: 1,100,000 sf

* An open-air, super-regional town center featuring a mix of traditional and fashion department stores, big-box tenants, specialty retailers, and unique restaurants, plus an adjacent community center.

How large is this mall compared to the other malls in the Houston area. At 1.1 million square feet (of retail), that is a pretty large mall.

How large is this mall compared to the other malls in the Houston area. At 1.1 million square feet (of retail), that is a pretty large mall.

Willowbrook - 1.5M sq ft

Memorial City - 1.7M sq ft

West Oaks - 1.1M sq ft

First Colony - 1.1M sq ft

The Galleria - 2.4M sq ft

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Here are some new facts from Simon's website:

theGrand.jpg

The Grand - Opening Fall 2008

Projected Opening:

Phase I Summer 2009

Phase II 2010-2011

* GLA: 1,100,000 sf

* An open-air, super-regional town center featuring a mix of traditional and fashion department stores, big-box tenants, specialty retailers, and unique restaurants, plus an adjacent community center.

I was on the website the other day and saw that the projected opening for the mall was extended until 2010.

theGrand.jpgThe Grand

Houston, TX

Projected Opening:

Phase I 2010

• GLA: 1,100,000 sf
  • New Development
  • Open-air, super regional town center will feature a mix of traditional and fashion department stores, big box tenants, specialty retailers and unique restaurants

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Any update on this thing?

I was in the area this morning, so I decided to drive around and see if any construction was underway. And it looks exactly the way it did the last time I drove through there more than a year ago. The streets (that were originally put in for Houston Premier Outlets) are littered with mattresses and other debris (making some sections unpassable) and graffiti. There is no evidence of anything going on at the mall site.

However, right behind the Penney's, at the the intersection of 99 and Colonial parkway, a building is being constructed, facing the corner of the intersection (maybe a Walgreen's - that has become their signature).

• 4 months later...
Drove by yesterday, and still nothing going on.

Yes - I actually drove to the center of it about a week ago (well, not exactly the center - you can't get to it for all the trash and debris laying around).

Yes - I actually drove to the center of it about a week ago (well, not exactly the center - you can't get to it for all the trash and debris laying around). It looks exactly like it did 2 years ago - a dumpsite - mattresses, at least one refrigerator, etc. It looks like something that is definitely on the back burner. Heck, the burner's not even lit!

According to the Simon website, phase I is now scheduled for a 2011 opening.

Been pushed back another year. It first said 2008, then 2009, then 2010, and now 2011.

It does look like they are grading land to the east of the site though. Does anyone know what this is for? I'm guessing that this might be for Grandeur Park.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived