Montrose Collective: Office Building With Retail At 888 Westheimer Rd.

trymahjong

12 hours ago, ToolMan said:

mumbo jumbo? Please tell me what is gibberish about this article.

Sorry if that wasn't clear - I was referring to the bolded Whitmire quote. 

2 hours ago, ToolMan said:

Hamburger Mary's was a bar that hosted drag shows

I'm actually wondering now if he was actually referring to The Burger Joint? It'd make more sense. 

Still not sure what "close to adult entertainment" means?

Posted (edited)

I wonder if our Mayor understands how much positive PR COH got for Montrose “most walkable”

usually those types of Walkability stuff are’t through adult entertainment venues—are they?

sigh-

I was going to post that I’ve finally notice some progress upstairs at what I thought was going to be our new library.

IMG_1096.jpeg

Edited by trymahjong
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 4/26/2024 at 10:09 PM, ToolMan said:

I've heard from a good source on what will become of the vacant Picnic and The Chelsea restaurants that have recently closed.

The group that runs Doris Metropolitan will replace The Chelsea.

On 4/27/2024 at 8:36 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

I see there is a recent certificate of filing for Okto Mediterranean LLC. It's connected to Sof Hospitality. The group is behind Doris Metorpolitan, Hamsa, and Bandolina restaurants.

Perhaps the filing is related to the rumored Montrose Collective restaurant? Sof Hospitality is said to be taking over The Chelsea's former unit at 888 Westheimer Rd, Suite 119.

p4kEwQq.jpeg

A state sales tax permit confirms Sof Hospitality is bringing a new dining concept to Montrose Collective.

Named Okto / Okto Mediterranean, the restaurant will be located at 888 Westheimer Rd, Suite 119. It replaces The Chelsea which closed earlier this spring.

Edited by IntheKnowHouston

22 hours ago, trymahjong said:

I wonder if Mayor Whitmire realizes Galveston sends its senior citizens to the same place he is afraid to have Children.

It's a pretty good bet that whenever a politician starts preaching about a pressing need to "protect the children", more often than not it's a figleaf to provide nominal cover for doing something shitty.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
On 4/26/2024 at 10:09 PM, ToolMan said:

I've heard from a good source on what will become of the vacant Picnic and The Chelsea restaurants that have recently closed.

Mi Luna will replace Picnic. Yes, the old staple in Rice Village.
The group that runs Doris Metropolitan will replace The Chelsea.

I see there is a recent certificate of filing for Okto Mediterranean LLC. It's connected to Sof Hospitality. The group is behind Doris Metropolitan, Hamsa, and Bandolina restaurants.

Perhaps the filing is related to the rumored Montrose Collective restaurant? Sof Hospitality is said to be taking over The Chelsea's former unit at 888 Westheimer Rd, Suite 119.

p4kEwQq.jpeg

On 5/21/2024 at 2:16 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

A state sales tax permit confirms Sof Hospitality is bringing a new dining concept to Montrose Collective.

Named Okto / Okto Mediterranean, the restaurant will be located at 888 Westheimer Rd, Suite 119. It replaces The Chelsea which closed earlier this spring.

Sof Hospitality announced plans for its latest restaurant Októ / Okto yesterday. As mentioned, the new eatery is located in Montrose Collective. It's replacing The Chelsea at 888 Westheimer Rd, Ste 119.

Houston Chronicle has more details from the press release:

Lindsay Madrigal of LM Designs is overseeing the revamp for the 4,200-square-foot space, which includes plans to put the kitchen on display via windows; a bar will offer front-row seats. Sliding glass doors will lead to a patio as well.

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/food-culture/restaurants-bars/article/okto-mediterranean-restaurant-opening-soon-19470428.php

Edited by IntheKnowHouston

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/5/2024 at 3:19 PM, IntheKnowHouston said:

Le Ciel Hospitality has leased Idle Hands' former unit at Montrose Collective. The hospitality group is the mind behind Ciel, the supperclub at 4411 San Felipe St, Suite 101.

A bar or nightclub is planned for the 910 Westheimer unit. Although there are no permits indicating a name, the bar's moniker is Sophie. 

There is an Instagram for Sophie. While, the bio doesn't list an address or any other location, I'm certain it's the bar's social media account. It's billed as a rooftop and lounge in its Instagram bio.

https://www.instagram.com/sophierooftop/

Sophie is included in CultureMap's round-up of noteworthy restaurant and bar summer openings.

As previously mentioned, Sophie is Le Ciel Hospitality's latest concept. It's opening in Montrose Collective at 910 Westheimer Rd. The bar takes over Idle Hand's former unit. 

According to Sophie's social, the downstairs portion will be a cocktail den. Upstairs will be a terrace bar.

More from CultureMap:

...This new cocktail lounge and rooftop bar takes its inspiration from the South of France. Details are light, but the upstairs and downstairs aim to offer different experience.

https://houston.culturemap.com/news/restaurants-bars/summer-restaurant-opening-preview-list/

• Like 1

I see there is a recent certificate of filing for Okto Mediterranean LLC. It's connected to Sof Hospitality. The group is behind Doris Metropolitan, Hamsa, and Bandolina restaurants.

p4kEwQq.jpeg

On 5/21/2024 at 2:16 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

On 5/22/2024 at 4:55 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

Sof Hospitality announced plans for its latest restaurant Októ / Okto yesterday. As mentioned, the new eatery is located in Montrose Collective. It's replacing The Chelsea at 888 Westheimer Rd, Ste 119.

Houston Chronicle has more details from the press release:

Lindsay Madrigal of LM Designs is overseeing the revamp for the 4,200-square-foot space, which includes plans to put the kitchen on display via windows; a bar will offer front-row seats. Sliding glass doors will lead to a patio as well.

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/food-culture/restaurants-bars/article/okto-mediterranean-restaurant-opening-soon-19470428.php

A duplicate co or change of owner permit was purchased Thursday for 888 Westheimer Rd, Suite 119.

Details from the permit:

• Use: 3,755 sf restaurant buildout 1-6-2-A2-A '12 IBC 100%SPK
  • FCC Group: Non-residential alteration

The listed occupant on the permit is Októ / Okto. As mentioned, Októ is a forthcoming Mediterranean restaurant from Sof Hospitality.  It's slated to open this summer in Montrose Collective.

VoEfNPE.png