Adaptive Reuse Development - 3501 Harrisburg Blvd.

On 8/2/2022 at 7:16 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

Agricole Hospitality may have plans to revive Night Shift or open another bar or dining concept at 3501 Harrisburg Blvd, Suite A. A new entity connected to Agricole Hospitality was filed last month. The entity seems to hint at the company's possible involvement.

11 hours ago, wilcal said:

It's wonderful news the former Night Shift space at 3501 Harrisburg Blvd won't remain vacant for long. While I'm still sad about Night Shift's closure, Agricole Hospitality's Eight Row Flint will be a welcome addition to the Second Ward neighborhood.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

We walked by here the other day and there is significant work being done inside the former night shift property. The inside is much brighter, they added a window, painted white, etc. I'm curious when the 8 row equivalent will open under the new ownership - and what it'll be called.

• Like 2

On 2/10/2023 at 9:36 AM, ljchou said:

We walked by here the other day and there is significant work being done inside the former night shift property. The inside is much brighter, they added a window, painted white, etc. I'm curious when the 8 row equivalent will open under the new ownership - and what it'll be called.

Yeah, I walked by the other day and the lights were on inside and it basically looked ready to open. Can't imagine it will be much longer at all.

On 2/10/2023 at 9:36 AM, ljchou said:

Their Instagram bio says "SECOND location coming soon to EaDo!", so I'd think it will also be 8 Row Flint.

18 hours ago, linearmovement said:

Their Instagram bio says "SECOND location coming soon to EaDo!", so I'd think it will also be 8 Row Flint.

It's already been established in this thread that Eight Row Flint is opening its second location at 3501 Harrisburg Blvd, Suite A. Also, the news was widely reported last year.

I think the person was more so asking if the second location is ready to open.

3 hours ago, IntheKnowHouston said:

It's already been established in this thread that Eight Row Flint is opening its second location at 3501 Harrisburg Blvd, Suite A. Also, the news was widely reported last year.

I think the person was more so asking if the second location is ready to open.

Yeah! I was wondering when it'll open, and I'm secretly (and selfishly) hoping they change the name so that the East End doesn't get an "extension" of a concept or a "second location of Eight Row Flint" but rather a new, unique concept. Replications are rarely as charming as the original, I feel like a new Agricole concept that's more fitting to the venue would drive so much more business.

Eight Row Flint opens to the public Monday. It's located at 3501 Harrisburg, Ste A.

Some details about the space from an article published today by Eater Houston:

"A custom rick house anchors the main dining room and pieces of eclectic art decorate the walls, including a colorful stairway mural created by general manager Christian Garza and his young daughter. The bar can accommodate 200 guests inside, and the addition of an open-air rooftop patio with downtown views, offers additional seating for 80..."

https://houston.eater.com/2023/2/17/23601720/eight-row-flint-opening-second-ward-east-end-houston

• Like 3

17 hours ago, JBTX said:

Same. But going to go there tonight and find out how it is.

Update: still miss Night Shift, but not bad. The pork belly and octopus tacos were excellent. Good drinks/specials too.

Will be a welcome addition to the neighborhood.

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Strange. My daughter got married last year, June 11th, at the Ronin venue (pretty great place btw). It seemed to us that Night Shift was open and doing fine, there were people in there watching the Astros game that evening. Hmm...

4 hours ago, yak23flora said:

Strange. My daughter got married last year, June 11th, at the Ronin venue (pretty great place btw). It seemed to us that Night Shift was open and doing fine, there were people in there watching the Astros game that evening. Hmm...

Night Shift ended due to a dispute between management and talent, so it wasn't an issue of lack of business.

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Adaptive Reuse Development - 3501 Harrisburg Blvd.