Is it really that different from any other home-buying transaction, where realtors place "sold" signs atop their signs as soon as a contract is signed and deposit put down? MANY "sold" houses never get to closing.

Most realtors don't put up a sold sign until all the contigencies are removed from the contract (i.e. the option period has lapsed and loan approval is in place). Most of the sold signs only get put up once the house is closed and the new owner allows them to leave it there for a few weeks. But the vast majority of the time, a realtor will not put up that sign unless it is a done deal - or they risk losing too many good potential customers.

Most realtors don't put up a sold sign until all the contigencies are removed from the contract (i.e. the option period has lapsed and loan approval is in place). Most of the sold signs only get put up once the house is closed and the new owner allows them to leave it there for a few weeks. But the vast majority of the time, a realtor will not put up that sign unless it is a done deal - or they risk losing too many good potential customers.

At least in the above described scenario, there is a contract to discuss. Whether there are contingencies to remove or not, at least someone has signed a contract. Sounds like 2727 doesn't even have that!!! :angry2:

TNJ

Speaking of this project... I saw some surveyors out there at 2727 Kirby yesterday morning with different equipment marking and staking the north side of the complex. Any other updates?

caevans3

just look a couple of posts above yours ;)

based upon sources i deem reliable, they have lender approval and will get construction funding soon.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

As I understand it, this is dead. Or, at least it is currently on life support. I predict an attempt at a sell off or graceful exit before end of calendar year....

Could be wrong, but i deem reliable the sources from which info was received.

Mid to late August, which was floated months ago as the start date didn't exactly pan out. If it looks dead and smells dead, it's dead.

Here's to hoping i get to read countless postings telling me how dumb i am after this goes up.....

yea this thing is dead. the only people who can build high rises in houston and come out on top are either randall davis (manhattan, empire, cosmopolitan, renoir) or giorgio some italian last name (interfin- Montebello, Villa d'este, uptown park, four leaf, etc)

who built the huntingdon and who built the houstonian? because those guys most have lost a lot of money.

Assume as much as you'd like too my dear friends. Until you hear official words, this thing is still a go.

sttombiz: Why do you think the Huntingdon and Houstonian lost money? Those were built in the 80's and the demand was very high. The Huntingdon has housed some of Houston's royal, including Ken Lay, Bob & Elyse Lanier.

As I understand it, this is dead. Or, at least it is currently on life support. I predict an attempt at a sell off or graceful exit before end of calendar year....

Could be wrong, but i deem reliable the sources from which info was received.

Mid to late August, which was floated months ago as the start date didn't exactly pan out. If it looks dead and smells dead, it's dead.

Here's to hoping i get to read countless postings telling me how dumb i am after this goes up.....

Nothing personal Juniper, but Houston-developement's track record is pretty consistent, thus I'm staying optmistic. It has however been a couple of months since his initial "it's a go" post.

Nothing personal Juniper, but Houston-developement's track record is pretty consistent, thus I'm staying optmistic. It has however been a couple of months since his initial "it's a go" post.

It is not personal at all. the best part about this forum is the free and open exchange of gossip, information, facts, speculation, everything. We all can then have the benefit of being able to read chrnologically through the discussion and see what turned out to be the case.

Houston Development has been right a lot, however, he was wrong about the funding of this project...No one can be right 100% of the time ;)

We are all only as good/correct/smart as the information we have that allows us to form the opinion. I believe that my information is better than most, but that doesn't make it so. i'm not asking that you believe everything i say. However, go back and review my posts and i will stand by the content of all of them....even the ones about getting rid of the people begging for money in traffic, but i digress... :D

More later.

TNJ

It is not personal at all. the best part about this forum is the free and open exchange of gossip, information, facts, speculation, everything. We all can then have the benefit of being able to read chrnologically through the discussion and see what turned out to be the case.

Houston Development has been right a lot, however, he was wrong about the funding of this project...No one can be right 100% of the time ;)

We are all only as good/correct/smart as the information we have that allows us to form the opinion. I believe that my information is better than most, but that doesn't make it so. i'm not asking that you believe everything i say. However, go back and review my posts and i will stand by the content of all of them....even the ones about getting rid of the people begging for money in traffic, but i digress... :D

More later.

TNJ

:o

WELL I NEVER!

:P

but seriously, ill elaborate. allegedly, freemont has approved financing and atlas sold a portion of oak lane (+/- 5 a) to zom for redevelopment. so in theory, his has financing and equity in place. i am confident the deal will move forward HOWEVER if he doesnt hit his presales number, the deal is dead.

tnj is absolutely correct when it comes down to our information. hence the reason i never give a 100% certainty unless im that confident in my source (ie downtown park and fingers tower) :ph34r:

:o

WELL I NEVER!

:P

but seriously, ill elaborate. allegedly, freemont has approved financing and atlas sold a portion of oak lane (+/- 5 a) to zom for redevelopment. so in theory, his has financing and equity in place. i am confident the deal will move forward HOWEVER if he doesnt hit his presales number, the deal is dead.

tnj is absolutely correct when it comes down to our information. hence the reason i never give a 100% certainty unless im that confident in my source (ie downtown park and fingers tower) :ph34r:

Here is the latest from what i have heard:

New Partner in the deal. That's right, new partner with new money. And no real contracts at this point.

I must say I feel less confident in this info than normal, but source held firm even when I told him he was full of ^$#.

TNJ

Here is the latest from what i have heard:

New Partner in the deal. That's right, new partner with new money. And no real contracts at this point.

I must say I feel less confident in this info than normal, but source held firm even when I told him he was full of ^$#.

TNJ

prior to selling oak lane, mike was scratching to find equity... maybe he didnt pull out that much equity from it..

as i said somewhere in this thread, most of the "buyers" were left-over from the proposed highrise at the houstonian. those guys were pretty tough and one of the reasons the deal failed.

if the buyers arent real and they cant get the presales, the deal will not get financed.

• 2 weeks later...

My two cents:

Merely claiming that a source is "one you deem reliable" does not, in fact, make the information any more credible.

My suggestion would be to support the credibility of a source by more than hollow assertions.

Edited by bkjones98

My two cents:

Merely claiming that a source is "one you deem reliable" does not, in fact, make the information any more credible.

My suggestion would be to support the credibility of a source by more than hollow assertions.

my two cents:

as someone who has given this forum plenty of inside information, in which i will put my accuracy rate up against anyone, without ever asking nor expecting for anything in return, take your suggestion and shove it where the sun don't shine.

have a nice day.

my two cents:

as someone who has given this forum plenty of inside information, in which i will put my accuracy rate up against anyone, without ever asking nor expecting for anything in return, take your suggestion and shove it where the sun don't shine.

have a nice day.

Sorry, I didn't realize this forum was patronized by a child or at least someone devoid of the ability to take simple criticism.

Your "accuracy rate" and altruism may more than establish whatever "street credit" you feel you deserve; my comment, however, was merely an appeal for some members to avoid begging the question, viz., "it

• Like 1