White Oak Highline: Multifamily At 610 Oxford St.

Urbannizer

16 minutes ago, LBC2HTX said:

Heard construction has started. Anyone able to snap a couple of photos?

They've made substantial progress. Shocked there aren't any pics of it.

2 hours ago, Tumbleweed_Tx said:

Are all these recent apartment buildings designed to be torn down in 30-40 years? The frames don't look like they will last longer than that.

Hmm interesting. Is this because this is made of wood frame? Just curious about how you reached your conclusion.

Actually from my experience everything in Highrise Tower's images show that this is typical framing used for every kind of apartment building. There are wood frame apartment buildings built in this town that have stood since the 1930's or 40's or even earlier than that.

I will also say from my experience, and what I know in the industry, no one ever really says "I plan to design this building to only stand for 30-40 years." Nobody really says this. The idea of "Planned Obsolescence" doesn't revolve around the idea that what is currently designed is "planned" to be obsolete, but instead that updates, changes, and anything new which could go online is planned to realistically occur after a certain amount of time which will inevitably make the previous obsolete, and the pace of change is so quick that it contributes to this so called "plan". Again just from my experience.

• 5 weeks later...

Where is their detention on this project? I live nearby and they are currently boring drainage from the property to (presumably) a storm sewer in the middle of White Oak. But as far as I can tell this property was 80% grass before, so don't they need a lot of detention?

3 hours ago, Audie said:

Where is their detention on this project? I live nearby and they are currently boring drainage from the property to (presumably) a storm sewer in the middle of White Oak. But as far as I can tell this property was 80% grass before, so don't they need a lot of detention?

Detention can be underground and hidden from view. I wish the city forced developers to do this to avoid having big open ditches.

• 3 months later...
  • The title was changed to White Oak Highline: Multifamily at Oxford & 6 1/2 St.
  • 4 months later...
  • The title was changed to White Oak Highline: Multifamily At 610 Oxford St.

Archived