Broadstone Museum District: Multifamily At 4641 Montrose Blvd.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Broadstone Museum District: 9-Story Mid-Rise to Replace Chelsea Market
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Chelsea street was closed between Montrose Blvd. and Louisiana St due to a gas leak. The odor was very strong as I rode around the block. Nothing had blown up and Centerpoint, HFD, and HPD were all working to keep people out and fix the problem. I was told the leak was not in the new construction but in the townhomes or Joy School area just across the street.

XFO5w7y.jpg

NXw4TER.jpg

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Broadstone Museum District: 9-Story Mid-Rise To Replace Chelsea Market
On 1/29/2021 at 6:09 PM, clutchcity94 said:

This actually isn’t a bad looking building. I dig it.

For real. The two/three tone stone looks great from the highway, and those balconies look nice from the street. I had low expectations, for some reason, but this looks like a good addition.

Also, check that rendering, museum district has to be nearing some heightened (for Houston) amount of density, right? You'd think at some point it would start to attract some kind of retail or something. 

On 1/2/2021 at 10:47 PM, ErickEdgar said:

Chelsea Museum District appears to be the official name. New renderings uploaded to Google a few days ago

09DEB484-964C-48F4-A17B-597985B7B757.jpeg

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, X.R. said:

For real. The two/three tone stone looks great from the highway, and those balconies look nice from the street. I had low expectations, for some reason, but this looks like a good addition.

Also, check that rendering, museum district has to be nearing some heightened (for Houston) amount of density, right? You'd think at some point it would start to attract some kind of retail or something. 

My guess is the next spot in this pocket to densify is the vacant 35,000 square ft lot just across the highway at 4503 Montrose.

Since the office building plan for that lot never panned out about 7 years ago, my guess it will be residential with GFR.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, clutchcity94 said:

My guess is the next spot in this pocket to densify is the vacant 35,000 square ft lot just across the highway at 4503 Montrose.

Since the office building plan for that lot never panned out about 7 years ago, my guess it will be residential with GFR.

I'll guess it is the Christian Science churchthat was sold a block or two from here.

I saw you commented on the thread, but I'll link it here for others:

• 3 weeks later...