702 Bar & Lounge At 702 W. Dallas St.

Htowngirl

Anyone know what that black sign with blue & orange writing that says

sevenohtwo

on it that you can see from Pierce Elevated?

I started seeing it this week (from the freeway), but that doesn't mean it wasn't up before then.

It's around like West Dallas-ish (on the "south" side of the freeway)...

Maybe I will have to go investigate further this weekend... the sign intrigues me!

Drove by today - they were working on it. It looks like an old gas station that they are converting into a bar. They are doing a major renovation though. It will definitely be "parking challenged."

First the bars will come, then the restaurants... look at Midtown. It won't be long.

• 3 months later...

Drove by last night.... It's open. Or at least they had hours of 11AM-2AM posted on the door and the door was propped open to, I assume, welcome people. They have a large deck on both sides with tables and palm trees... looks like a cool neighborhood bar for the people in the metal townhomes across the parking lot to walk to. Not sure where a bigger non-pedestrian crowd is supposed to park though. I will have to check it out sometime.

The area a couple blocks from there scares me though. There always seems to be some shady stuff going on. Especially that rickety old house.

Everything between West Gray, West Dallas, Taft and Pierce Elevated is sketchy. I have friends that live in the Urban Lofts and I cut through on Wilson street to get there. 3-4 guys approached my car looking for me to roll down my window. It is quite scary.

As far as 702 goes...it seems to be an upscale sports bar with TVs.

Yeah everytime I drive by it looks like a somewhat bizarre scene. Looks really nice inside, about 100 TV's, no one inside. Haven't gone by on a weekend, but maybe it just needs to get "word of mouth" out. I also have done that same drive through that area and there are always people out "enjoying" the neighborhhod by standing in groups on the corners and staring at cars that drive by. Probably just talking about the weather, Houston Pavilions, and the future of light rail.

I also have done that same drive through that area and there are always people out "enjoying" the neighborhhod by standing in groups on the corners and staring at cars that drive by. Probably just talking about the weather, Houston Pavilions, and the future of light rail.

Probably just selling drugs. If you don't want any, don't buy any.

While I admit that small-time dealers on the street tend to make an area look bad, they're one of the least of our society's problems in the scheme of things. They don't bother me, and I don't bother them. Plus, if you're ever in a pinch, you may need one of those guys...

Personally, I'm more afraid to turn on my TV and watch the news. Our federal goverment scares me much more than some guys making a little money on the corner.

• The title was changed to W. Dallas St. At I-45: Bar And Lounge
  • The title was changed to 702 Bar & Lounge At 702 W. Dallas St.

Archived