Villas At Eastwood: Affordable Housing At 1933 Hussion St.

27 minutes ago, Tumbleweed_Tx said:

it's called a Juliet window, like as in romeo romeo, where the hell are you romeo... lol

Juliet balconies only make sense when there is a whole door (preferably a french door). Whatever this is belongs on mcmansionhell.com

On 7/10/2019 at 1:27 PM, Urbannizer said:

https://www.sc-arch.com/work/fenix-estates-apartments/

Why spend money on railings for a nonexistent balcony? 🤔

5_6A924A.jpg

4_FE160A.jpg

3_E11E1E.jpg

Was probably once a full set of doors instead of a window which could be open to essentially turn your bedroom or living room into a balcony. since this is affordable housing (which has to be built incredibly cheaply) this was most likely VE'ed out, but they either forgot to also VE the balcony or just like the aesthetic (?). Are we really shocked that something looks shabby or awkward on an affordable housing development? 

Tumbleweed is right but with a "Juliet balcony" the sill of the opening is usually at or near the floor level. I think Luminare pegged it: the larger opening was VE'd out. I sure hope no one ever has to be rescued from one of those windows. 😟

• The title was changed to Villas At Eastwood: Affordable Housing At I-45 And Hussion St.
  • The title was changed to Villas At Eastwood: Affordable Housing At 1933 Hussion St.

Archived