Living In ShangriLa Ln.

SpringTX

The user Danax made a post recently about illegal aliens which referred to how he'd like to live in Shangri-La: i.e. a perfect place where everyone was happy.

Well, I've found it! And it's right here in Houston...

http://maps.yahoo.com/py/maps.py?addr=8019...0Lane&zip=77095

It's called ShangriLa lane and it's apparently near Jersey Village.

Anyone who moves to that street will find that it is the paradise foretold by the ancients.

I'm thinking you're just having a little fun with this topic but one the other hand

I'm not sure if is it criticism of my posts in the Illegal Alien topic. If it is criticism then let's bring it back over to the original topic. Or, maybe we can turn this topic into a legitimate one, ie; discuss how we can make our neighborhoods better?

I don't mean to sound defensive I'm just thinking a lot of us are not sure if we should take this topic at face value or not.

I'm thinking you're just having a little fun with this topic but one the other hand

I'm not sure if is it criticism of my posts in the Illegal Alien topic. If it is criticism then let's bring it back over to the original topic. Or, maybe we can turn this topic into a legitimate one, ie; discuss how we can make our neighborhoods better?

I don't mean to sound defensive I'm just thinking a lot of us are not sure if we should take this topic at face value or not.

This topic was meant completely in fun. I don't think I posted at all in that Illegal Alien thread and I certainly don't have a strong opinion on the subject. If I do have any opinion on the subject, it's probably in line with your perspective.

I can't think of anything useful to do with this thread, except maybe see who can think of wierdest street name they have ever seen. This ShangriLa Lane just caught me by surprise when I saw it today so I thought I'd post about it. If we can't think of any other wierd street names, maybe we can think of wierd town names, like Intercourse Pennsylvania.

There was an article in the Chronicle a few years ago about residents who were upset that their street signs kept getting stolen. This was during the height of Bevis & Butthead's popularity, and they had the misfortune of living on a street called "Morningwood". :P

This topic was meant completely in fun.  I don't think I posted at all in that Illegal Alien thread and I certainly don't have a strong opinion on the subject.  If I do have any opinion on the subject, it's probably in line with your perspective.

I can't think of anything useful to do with this thread, except maybe see who can think of wierdest street name they have ever seen.  This ShangriLa Lane just caught me by surprise when I saw it today so I thought I'd post about it.  If we can't think of any other wierd street names, maybe we can think of wierd town names, like Intercourse Pennsylvania.

How about Rebel Yell Lane, also in far west Houston? I believe it's maybe down 529 somewhere east of Barker-Cypress?

Also, Shangri La is in Copperfield.

Best Houston street name:  Betty Boop.

Also there are three adjacent streets named Little, Boy, and Blue.

My wife and I have been looking at houses in the Meyerland area and there is a street called Dumfries. I keep calling it Dumb Fries and refusing to live on that street. It also is an outlet right onto to Fondren and that just sucks.

• The title was changed to Living In ShangriLa Ln.