Easton Commons Shopping Center At 8470-8592 Highway 6 N.

GettaClue

It's going in at the former Sony/Lowes theatre @ N. Hwy 6 & West Rd., in the Kroger plaza.

It's called "Studio Movie Grill," an outfit from Dallas.

They're currently hiring, due to open in May. They say they feature leather chairs and stadium seating.

There are plans for a ten-week, weekday, daytime movie series for parents and kids this summer, but otherwise it's the usual "no one under 18 without an accompanying adult" movie grill thing.

No telling beyond all that, but they do apparently have Nathan's Hot Dogs on the menu, so that alone might be the real treat! B)

I've heard about this one going in. I didn't know it was this far along. This is good news for the NW area. I've also heard that the same company or a similar company is doing the same or similar concept between Greenspoint and 1960. Next, The Woodlands maybe. I can only hope.

Friends from the west side of town have enjoyed the Alamo Drafthouse concept since that location opened.

I remember having to drive to the north side just to go to Fry's before they expanded, so I know how much those on the north side will be happy to get a theatre like this. Minus a couple of mistakes by the wait-staff, the Alamo has been wonderful. Hopefully these other companies will be able to provide a similar experience.

• 3 months later...
It's going in at the former Sony/Lowes theatre @ N. Hwy 6 & West Rd., in the Kroger plaza.

It's called "Studio Movie Grill," an outfit from Dallas.

They're currently hiring, due to open in May. They say they feature leather chairs and stadium seating.

There are plans for a ten-week, weekday, daytime movie series for parents and kids this summer, but otherwise it's the usual "no one under 18 without an accompanying adult" movie grill thing.

No telling beyond all that, but they do apparently have Nathan's Hot Dogs on the menu, so that alone might be the real treat! B)

Hmmmm, that's good, that theater was getting a bit rundown. I saw Star Wars Episode 2 there , twice.

We went to the Studio Movie Grill and loved it. Completely renovated, with state of the art sound systems, new projection systems, good food, leather chairs, good service.

I'm hooked on this dinner theatre concept. Not sure if I'll ever return to the regular movie theaters.

• The title was changed to Easton Commons Shopping Center Developments
  • The title was changed to Easton Commons Shopping Center At 8470-8592 Highway 6 N.

Archived