The Montrose At Buffalo Bayou: Multifamily At 1320 Montrose Blvd.

fernz

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/25/2020 at 12:53 PM, hindesky said:

YbcdYrS.jpg

Just a thought and opinion here.  But, seeing this turquoise color gives me ideas about how nice it would be to have more of these subtle yet colorful buildings downtown and especially near the Buffalo Bayou (River).  Infusing color, without being too tacky or overdoing it, would really lift the appearance and visual mood of our city.  I think if done thoughtfully and fully in the long run, it could give a city like Miami a run for it's money, so to speak, sans the beach front with crystal clear blue waters.  Another thing Houston has over Miami ?  Well, Miami will go "under water" with rising sea levels LONG before Houston does, since we are basically at an average elevation above 50 feet, from 20 feet in the very far SE part of the county, all the way up to around 150 feet in the far west and NW parts of the county.  In this way, it's always best to buck the trend of negative thinking about our city as too water logged or flood prone (yes I know it can be) or too "gray or brown" in color.  In addition, TREES look at our TREES around many parts of the city that are second to none in terms of coverage and height.  Anyway, this looks like it will be a very pleasant and welcome addition to Buffalo Bayou living, color or no color.

The problem is its going to look cruddy if it gets streaked with mildew and the paint fades over time. I think you'd have to go with a less saturated color. I'm kind of partial to very light green, like you see in scandinavia but also the deep south. Or a pinkish color, though pink is kinda ugly. Maybe Charleston, SC could be a reasonable example of adding color:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_Quarter_(Charleston,_South_Carolina)

• 2 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to The Montrose at Buffalo Bayou: 8-Stories, 240 Units by Sunrise Luxury Living
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It looked better before the brick went up,  when it was covered with those aqua and yellow sheathing and insulation panels (or whatever they were).
Now I look at it and just want to take a nap.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived