Rebekah Townhomes At 2100 Taft St.

TowerSpotter

Thanks for the info!  That is much less involved than I expected an elevator to be to run.  The lack of city inspections surprises me, but I guess it's because it's not a business 

• 1 year later...
On August 19, 2014 at 11:26 PM, dbigtex56 said:

The first purchase I made after moving to Houston was at Texas Junk, diagonally across the street, on Welch (it was a funky old medical lamp; wish I still had it.)

I finally stopped by the old garage/ Texas Junk Co. on Welch St. about a month ago. I enjoyed it. Talked to the owner of the company, interesting fellow. I bought an old door knob, a small art deco spoon, and an old book about Indianola. His boot collection was impressive.

I told him I wanted to just see the building. I like to see buildings with original facades, that still look OLD. That screen door entrance and the interior... oozes of motor oil and the 1930's. 

Does anyone know the story of the "No Cats Junk"? was that the business before Texas Junk? love those cats! 

BTW: The boot co. owner was given notice (as some of you may have read) to vacate the building by end of September. Hate to see this happen. Guess he lost his lease.

• The title was changed to Rebekah Townhomes At 2100 Taft St.

Archived