METRO Draft Reimagined Network Plan

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hahaha sorry guys... I gotta say that I was very impressed... my gf and I parked at the Macy's garage and did some walking up and down Post Oak... we checked out the new Whole Foods and ate... then we caught the 33 back to West. and Post Oak and then caught the 82 to Montrose... did some antique shopping... then caught the 82 to Midtown at Smith and Elgin... from there we caught the train downtown and watched the Stros till about 8ish... caught the train back to midtown, just because... and the 82 back to the garage... I gotta say that overall the buses were very frequent and great on travel time. The longest we waited was about 7 mintues. I'm def considering taking the bus more often. Still not familiar with other routes but I will try others soon and get a feel for things.

• 2 weeks later...

Wheeler station is very busy now. I think this is due to the amount of buses that are feeding into it. It has surpassed downtown transit center in my opinion. This could be a good thing because it's by far the most unsafe station on the original red line. More eyes are better. Probably has some competition with a couple of the ones on the red line extension though. I think the stations near shelters are the ones with issues but what can you really do about that?

Wheeler station is very busy now. I think this is due to the amount of buses that are feeding into it. It has surpassed downtown transit center in my opinion. This could be a good thing because it's by far the most unsafe station on the original red line. More eyes are better. Probably has some competition with a couple of the ones on the red line extension though. I think the stations near shelters are the ones with issues but what can you really do about that?

One solution is having a stronger Metro police presence at problem stations.

I stay in greenpoint were I once caught the 102 and could be downtown in about 30 mins the new route (6). Takes well over a gr now..

My mom who lives in third ward and works in Sunnyside. .once caught 1 bus now needs two and has to walk half a mile.

My aunt who once had to catch 2 bus now needs 3..

Hearing Simiar stories from regular rider

I stay in greenpoint were I once caught the 102 and could be downtown in about 30 mins the new route (6). Takes well over a gr now..

My mom who lives in third ward and works in Sunnyside. .once caught 1 bus now needs two and has to walk half a mile.

My aunt who once had to catch 2 bus now needs 3..

Hearing Simiar stories from regular rider

The 102 still runs from Greenspoint to downtown.  If it doesn't stop near where you stay, you could probably save a lot of time by taking the 6 to Greenspoint Transit Center and then switch to the 102

Yea thinking I'm just going to make the trek to the 102. ..the 6 for me is just a massive waste of time..maybe it works for others thou.

Shame really were the 102 use to drop me off right in front of my apt at night now I'm have to walk thou , a bunch of dealers , and gangs

I think 102 runs more frequently than before now at least.

I've heard of a lot of people having transfers added now that weren't there before, either another bus or the train, however I've also heard the buses run much more frequently for the most part. Once the post oak bus lines get made I can see some more changes coming, more buses feeding into that. And university line down the line would change everything.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived