Houston Cummunication Tower?

Tokyo just completed the Sky Tree Tower over 2,000 feet high. The CN tower in Toronto is 1,815 feet. The Oriental Pearl Tower in Shanghai is 1,535 feet. Seattle, Dallas and even San Antonio has one. There are tremendous tourist attractions. It would nice if Houston were to build one in eastern downtown with a nice view. I forgot Las Vegas and I went on the rollercoaster on the top of it! We may not have a beautiful water front, but we love our downtown.

Wrong section and I think it would completely ruin any of our skylines. I think it only looks aesthetically pleasing if the tower is shorter than a taller skyline or if the tower is dwarfing a smaller skyline.

I think it could work just outside downtown (down Memorial/Allen Pkwy for example)

"Cumminication" tower? Sounds like it should be next to a strip club.  :blush: 

communication tower, might fit better 

Were you in the thread about the Buccee's/Convention center area retail? The original spelling could be close to the mark.

I think that the downtown post office property is ripe for any type of tower, needle, etc. I also think that if Houston was to incorporate any street car transportation the PO property would be perfect hub for connections as well (not for maintainence) just a hub however I will save that for another thread.

Archived