Texaco Building (now The Star) At 1111 Rusk Street

editor

I wonder if that addtional steel structure is going to go all the way to the roof?  I looked at the rendering and it looks like maybe.  That's probably what the steel is that's staged in the big hole

• Like 2

They claimed they were 50% in January but I had a hard time believing that, too.

I walked by it on Friday and saw they had made a lot of progress in getting the studs in for the walls on the lower floors, but that still leaves a lot to finish. I see absolutely no way they will complete this on schedule.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

You can see in my last pic that they have poured "balconies" jutting out from the new steel section. They may be connection points to the eventual garage that is supposed to go there rather than actual balconies, but details on this thing are pretty sparse. They have done a lot of heavy restoration work on the exterior, and they are moving forward with the interior work on the tower closest to Fannin in addition to what they are adding on here to the back side. 

609 is supposed to be open for tenants by the end of 2016 (I think), They are going to have to find another gear to beat that on this building. There still has been zero prep for the garage along the Capitol side.