South End Junior High School/San Jacinto High School/International High School At 1300 Holman St.

VicMan

South End Junior High School, located at 1300 Holman street.

I know that HCC is using the old San Jacinto High School as a part of HCCS Central. However, I wonder if HISD can buy the building back and remodel or tear down and build a brand new building for a new school.

Perhaps people who are zoned to Gregory-Lincoln want a zoned school that is closer to them than Lamar (the current zone school for much of the Gregory-Lincoln area) is. However, HISD could mainly make this school into a magnet school that could relieve nearby high schools such as Lamar.

I'm not sure if HCC is willing to let go of the San Jacinto building, though..

• Like 1

Perhaps people who are zoned to Gregory-Lincoln want a zoned school that is closer to them than Lamar (the current zone school for much of the Gregory-Lincoln area) is. However, HISD could mainly make this school into a magnet school that could relieve nearby high schools such as Lamar.

But how can you deny the academics at Lamar? I would think it would be worth the ride to be in such an enviroment. Thoughts?

My sister went to Lamar, and it's a pretty good school.

What could be done here is that people in one school's attendance zone have the option to attend the other, and vice versa (this is done with West Briar and Revere Middle Schools).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

A new Houston ISD alternative high school called "International High School" is scheduled to open in the HCCS Central Campus in Midtown.

See: http://www.houstonisd.org/HISD/portal/arti...3229316,00.html

International High School, which will have no more than 400 students from grades 9 through 12, is scheduled to open in 2006. Students may begin taking HCC classes when they are juniors.

• Like 1

A new Houston ISD alternative high school called "International High School" is scheduled to open in the HCCS Central Campus in Midtown.

See: http://www.houstonisd.org/HISD/portal/arti...3229316,00.html

International High School, which will have no more than 400 students from grades 9 through 12, is scheduled to open in 2006. Students may begin taking HCC classes when they are juniors.

so is this going to be in the HCCS at central campus?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 4 months later...

Does any one know what were the school colors for San Jacinto? I've seen them sometimes refenreced in old newspapers as the Golden Bears, so I take it their colors were Gold and White? or at least Gold and something else. Does anyone know?

Thanks.

right, brown and gold, the golden bear was about 30 ft tall and the drill team was called the gauchos, all girls. last class was in 69 i think, now h.c.c. main campus. the history room is on the second floor and enclosed in glass. famous alum is walter cronkite

• The title was changed to New Houston ISD Alternative High School To Be In Midtown
  • The title was changed to South End Junior High School/San Jacinto High School/International High School At 1300 Holman St.