Beck's Prime At 115 W. 19th St.

heights

I thought about adding this to the old "Lack of Restaurant Diversity in the Heights" topic, but decided it was getting too cluttered.

I walked past Beck's Prime this morning and they have a big patio set up with tables and chairs out front. I wonder if the inside seating will be on the first or second floor. There was also a "Now Hiring" sign.

Does anybody know when they will be opening?

Beck's is way above Five Guys for burger quality. How can anyone think otherwise? I have yet to east at Hubcap because I'm never down there for lunch and this other one won't open, but if it's as good as beck's I'll take it. Bill's Burger is pretty damn awesome. I did have Smashburger for the first time yesterday, it was decent. I like how they season their patties. I never understood why the fast food joints think saying their patty is 100% beef is a good thing. Congrats, it's not horse meat, but it doesn't have much flavor either.

Anyway, if the end of August means the same thing as beginning of July did to Hubcap, then we can expect a nice Christmas burger.

Regarding the Onion Creek burger, they will now only serve them on Thursdays. When my wife found this out recently on one of the new off nights and went to Dry Creek instead, she was informed that on weekends and busy nights, the OC burgers actually came from Dry Creek where they were cooked to medium and transferred to OC to be finished off.

Regarding the Onion Creek burger, they will now only serve them on Thursdays. When my wife found this out recently on one of the new off nights and went to Dry Creek instead, she was informed that on weekends and busy nights, the OC burgers actually came from Dry Creek where they were cooked to medium and transferred to OC to be finished off.

Ugh.

If one day I want a burger but don't want one from from Hubcap, Christian's, The 3 Creeks, or the 2 Five Guys it's good to know that Beck's Prime exists as an 8th option.

Don't forget:

• Someburger
  • Ruggles's 11th St.
  • Shade
  • Southwell's
  • Lola's

There may be more, not to mention all the surrounding fast food burger joints. We are pretty saturated in burger places (yet sadly, not an authentic Thai or Indian place for miles).

Beck's is way above Five Guys for burger quality. How can anyone think otherwise?

Beck's burgers are fine, it's their fries that are terrible. So whenever I want a Beck's burger I go to the location at the clubhouse at the Memorial Park Golf course. Then I can have one of their burgers and get a bag of potato chips as a side. Here's my vote for thinner, not overcooked fries and maybe even a healthy side salad offering.

Beck's burgers are fine, it's their fries that are terrible. So whenever I want a Beck's burger I go to the location at the clubhouse at the Memorial Park Golf course. Then I can have one of their burgers and get a bag of potato chips as a side. Here's my vote for thinner, not overcooked fries and maybe even a healthy side salad offering.

I never eat fries (the reason america is fat), but I can see how bad fries would influence your opinion there. Do they not have sweet potato fries? Those I can stand sometimes. I love a huge stack of beer battered onion rings though. None of that greasy stringy stuff, but big, thick, almost hard rings.

I never eat fries (the reason america is fat), but I can see how bad fries would influence your opinion there. Do they not have sweet potato fries? Those I can stand sometimes. I love a huge stack of beer battered onion rings though. None of that greasy stringy stuff, but big, thick, almost hard rings.

Someburger has some damn good onion rings. Try them out if you haven't.

I had the Kobe Burger at Ruggles 11th St when I went there for the 1st time. It was so good. Good enough that, despite several other issues, I'll be going back.

My kids love the burger at Lola. It's something about the bread.

And glad to read that I am not the only one that doesn't think 5Guys is that good. Honestly, I'd probably get McDonalds before 5 Guys.

I am a HUGE fan of Hubcap and Christians, but I was at Ruggles last night and their Kobe burger looked incredible. It seemed like every table had ordered it.

Has anyone tried Stanton City Bites on Houston Street? I hear great things but would like to know how it stacks up. Someone needs to organize a Heights burger throwdown!

• 2 weeks later...

I thought I saw employees Saturday night, are they open? If so, I'm there this weekend.

They are open. I went this weekend. Things were running smoothly. Interior is a bit plastic and has more of a corporate franchise feel than some of the other Becks locations in town. But, I am glad that they re-used the bank building.

• 2 weeks later...

I am NOT a fry person either but I LOVE Beck's fries. It's one of the few places I will eat them. And yes, they do have sweet potato fries.

And it sounds weird but I love the ahi tuna sandwich at Beck's. It's amazing.

I also mention The Counter as another burger joint in the area. It's decent too, despite being a national chain.

Finally got there, still good stuff. Except someone got lazy on the grilled onion and didn't take the outer layer off, so I ended up picking those pieces out as I bit in and couldn't chew through them. Other than that it was good. Since when is a medium drink 32 oz? That's kinda big.

I think the east side would have been better for a porch with all the shade, but maybe they don't own that land.

Just got back from Beck's. Yum. The place is nice and clean and my order came out right. Not that I've ever had issues before at other locations. Good addition to the 'hood.

You could just not drink all of it. Or order a diet beverage. Or tea.

Don't underestimate the dangers of portion (un)control. I hate how much food America wastes, so I don't hesitate to take my leftovers home. But others do waste or equally harmful, they eat all of those oversized servings just because it's in front of them.

Archived