908 Westheimer Rd.

trymahjong

I've been watching the tear down of the old El Felix, noticed today that the plate glass window from Louis XIV was taken out---

The windows of Cafe Den were smashed earlier in the year and covered in plywood--- maybe that's what happened-- but everything was so "tidy"--is something new going in?

Felix is going to become Uchi (a sushi restaurant, the original in Austin) and Cafe Den becomes Mexico's Deli (they have a location out on Dairy Ashford).

What will happen to the whimsical El Felix sign out front by the bus stop?

I've been watching the tear down of the old El Felix, noticed today that the plate glass window from Louis XIV was taken out---

The windows of Cafe Den were smashed earlier in the year and covered in plywood--- maybe that's what happened-- but everything was so "tidy"--is something new going in?

Kind of scary, seeing the facade of Felix's demolished, but upon inspection, it appears that part of the building had suffered termine damage. Hope they're able to match the existing stucco when it's rebuilt.

Kind of scary, seeing the facade of Felix's demolished, but upon inspection, it appears that part of the building had suffered termine damage. Hope they're able to match the existing stucco when it's rebuilt.

I noticed the construction last night also -- looked like a bomb went off !!!

• 1 month later...
  • The title was changed to 908 Westheimer Rd.

Archived