Annise Parker Houston Mayor

WAZ

Busy day in Brazil. We arrived at 9 a.m., got to our hotel, then left for a tour of the Sao Paolo metro transit system. We went through their newest line and a couple new stations, engineered by a Houstonian. Houston can learn a lot from the interconnectivity of public transportation here - the buses, trains are run by different companies, but all use the same tickets.
From Facebook

546204386.jpg?key=640480&Expires=1332710577&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=FKdetfDmWToqFdSV7HSydMViC7fYOoCvT6Qf9DFW8~qaBW6PcEGqEeffpjrz1kPG2gsyOH-O5g5pqTDFPXxRZQ3XXtWrt6XZxAjw5s~x1SIDjhaIfSDtdV8ghJCVS28NoWGhn133TDu00uXRkxBt2X2wHaTUKe0V1BeoEzpDZho_

• 1 year later...

For all the Road Parrots, Becky over in the WH NextDoor site asked for some wingmen/women:

...."if you are interested in riding to the Bicyclists for Annise Parker fund raiser we are trying to organize a ride from the Woodland Park to Market Square. Hopefully politicians of all stripe will note that hike and bike trails are a high priority item! Let me know if you would like more details!"

So put on your finest parrot costumes and flock on over to Woodland Park Thursday with your checkbooks.  I have a prior, no doubt.

PRESS RELEASE:

http://events.khou.com/Bicyclists_for_Annise_Special_Reception/282265882.html

For all the Road Parrots, Becky over in the WH NextDoor site asked for some wingmen/women:

...."if you are interested in riding to the Bicyclists for Annise Parker fund raiser we are trying to organize a ride from the Woodland Park to Market Square. Hopefully politicians of all stripe will note that hike and bike trails are a high priority item! Let me know if you would like more details!"

So put on your finest parrot costumes and flock on over to Woodland Park Thursday with your checkbooks.

How about Annise leads her bike convoy down West Alabama, Shepherd, Westheimer, and the other streets that will destroy rims, both bicycle and car varieties. I'd trust Bernie Madoff more than Annise with my tax dollars.

Much of Shepherd has been repaired.

For the rest of us who do not drive a 1974 Cadillac Eldorado and can detect pavement variations of less than two feet, Shepherd is definitely not up to drivable standards. Drive Dallas to Westheimer in the right lane and its quite obvious that Metro buses, subsidence, and deferred maintenance have taken their toll.

I don't expect a road be replaced overnight, just fill in the potholes and pavement variations. Do city employees not drive the same streets?

For the rest of us who do not drive a 1974 Cadillac Eldorado and can detect pavement variations of less than two feet, Shepherd is definitely not up to drivable standards. Drive Dallas to Westheimer in the right lane and its quite obvious that Metro buses, subsidence, and deferred maintenance have taken their toll.

I don't expect a road be replaced overnight, just fill in the potholes and pavement variations. Do city employees not drive the same streets?

Well, as I said, "much of" Shepherd has been repaired. I don't think even that stretch is nearly as bad as most of lower Westheimer though.

Where's our road expert when you need him?  He's already informed us that the entire Heights is un-runnable much less bikeable, so I'm not sure how the squadron will fare.  We could have a Tour de France class smash up long before Market Square.  I say reroute the whole damn thing down Washington.

Well, as I said, "much of" Shepherd has been repaired. I don't think even that stretch is nearly as bad as most of lower Westheimer though.

I keep saying the same thing to my wife about my project car, but she keeps pointing to the fact that the engine is out, it's on blocks, and all the parts are in a box.

Looks like no one is buying it.

Eh, you know what, I never even said this, but I now stand by the idea that Shepherd is flawless. The pavement is like glass; I glide smoothly down the road without a care in the world... Am I even driving, or am I being carried aloft by angels upon a pillow-soft cloud?

Eh, you know what, I never even said this, but I now stand by the idea that Shepherd is flawless. The pavement is like glass; I glide smoothly down the road without a care in the world... Am I even driving, or am I being carried aloft by angels upon a pillow-soft cloud?

If you step out of the back of your circa '60's Mercedes-Benz 600 Pullman limo you'll see that the denizens are driving on a road that would make 1980s Beirut blush. I'm not sure what Annise does all day, really not sure.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

With the clock ticking down on 3-term Houston Mayor Annise Parker (D)'s administration in which she's got 5 months left, there's discussion on whether she'll run for political office again in the future. We can pretty guess that her plans is in the Executive Branch & she's also considering running for statewide or countywide office in the next election cycle. She's flatly REFUSED to run for Congress-period!

http://www.houstonpublicmedia.org/news/will-houston-mayor-annise-parker-run-for-office-again/

Ladies & Gentlemen, I want everyone to bring their input on which political office do you see her running for?

A. Harris County Judge in 2018

B. TX Railroad Commissioner in 2016

C. TX Lieutenant Governor in 2018

D. United States Senator in 2018 (Would be fun to watch Cruz-Parker showdown)

E. TX Governor in 2018

post-9343-0-76399200-1436378329_thumb.jp

I think her strength may be more administration than politics (which works really well for a strong mayor city).  I suspect her most likely scenario is a high level appointment in a new Clinton administration, or possibly even in a Republican administration (don't they usually try to cross the aisle for a few high-level appointments?).

Great point, Tory. An appointment didn't even occur to me but something in the next Dem administration would make a lot more sense. Given the supreme court decision it could also be a savy political move.

• The title was changed to Bicyclists For Annise - Special Squadron From Woodland Park
  • The title was changed to Annise Parker Houston Mayor

Archived