Redevelopment Of Former Club 702

So I was curious if anyone knows what's going on at the former location of 702 on the corner of West Dallas and Heiner Street (Right next to 45 bordering downtown). I thought maybe they were making it into another club but now it looks like the might have converted it into a strip mall :(

So I was curious if anyone knows what's going on at the former location of 702 on the corner of West Dallas and Heiner Street (Right next to 45 bordering downtown). I thought maybe they were making it into another club but now it looks like the might have converted it into a strip mall sad.gif

I drive by there every day and was also wondering...they have been working on it off and on for ever it seems...wasn't it damaged in Ike ?

It does look strip-mallish at this point -- another dry cleaner anyone?

I drive by there every day and was also wondering...they have been working on it off and on for ever it seems...wasn't it damaged in Ike ?

It does look strip-mallish at this point -- another dry cleaner anyone?

There will be a CVS. Inside of the CVS will be a starbux. Inside the sbux will be will be a dry cleaners. Inside the dry cleaners will be a 24 hour check cashing place.

• 2 years later...

the sign for a new bar (the Refinery) and a barbershop have been up for some time, but it looks like they are finally finishing it out. They have painted a mural on the west side of teh building and are building what looks to be a large covered porch for the bar (you can also see the actual bar inside).

the Refinery... Thats a good name for a bar... especially in this city.

I hope that was sarcasm because I have no idea how the name The Refinery has any good connotations to it. Just ask the many people who get caught in a cross wind path of them.

Thats like calling a bar Smokestack and expecting the air quality in the immediate area to be clean and crisp.

I hope that was sarcasm because I have no idea how the name The Refinery has any good connotations to it. Just ask the many people who get caught in a cross wind path of them.

Thats like calling a bar Smokestack and expecting the air quality in the immediate area to be clean and crisp.

Wow, lighten up dude. Refineries have MANY good connotations - like providing THOUSANDS of jobs to this city, state, and country in addition to producing vital products that our society NEEDS in order to operate.

It's a fantastic name for a Houston bar and I plan to check it out when it opens. I'll let you know how the air quality is at THE REFINERY which is downwind from section 8 housing. :rolleyes:

Ya, its not sarcasm.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_Houston

To summarize...

• Houston is home to more than 10,700 manufacturing establishments.
  • The Houston-Gulf Coast region has nearly 40 percent of the U.S. capacity for base petrochemicals, ensuring rapid access to major resin producers and resin technologies. Houston is projected to experience a 2.7 percent increase in manufacturing employment by 2012
  • Houston dominates U.S. oil and gas exploration and production. The city remains unrivaled as a center for the American energy industry.[18] In January 2005, the Houston Primary Metropolitan Statistical Areas (PMSA) accounted for: 31% of all U.S. jobs in oil and gas extraction (38,300 of 123,400), and 14% of all U.S. jobs in support activities for mining (28,100 of 200,900).[19] Houston is headquarters for 17 energy-related Fortune 500 companies and is home to more than 3,600 energy-related establishments. Houston is home to 13 of the nation’s 20 largest natural gas transmission companies, 600 exploration and production firms and more than 170 pipeline operators.
  • Houston is one of the world’s largest manufacturing centers for petrochemicals, and the $15 billion petrochemical complex at the Houston Ship Channel is the largest in the country. Supporting the industry is a complex of several thousand miles of pipelineconnecting 200 chemical plants, refinery, salt domes and fractionation plants along the Texas Gulf Coast, which allows transfer offeedstocks, fuel and chemical products among plants, storage terminals and transportation facilities. Houston has more than 400 chemical manufacturing establishments with more than 35,000 employees.[26] Houston has two of four largest U.S. refineries.ExxonMobil’s complex in Baytown is one of the oldest in the area and one of the largest of its kind in the world
  • More than 235 establishments in the Houston metro area manufacture plastic and rubber products.[27] Houston dominates the U.S. production of three major resins: polyethylene (38.7% of U.S. capacity); polyvinyl chloride (35.9% of U.S. capacity) and polypropylene(48.4% of U.S. capacity)

Like I said... Good name for a bar in this city.

<----Forensic/Structural Engineer who works in Refineries, Nuke Plants, and Natural Gas Plants all over the US and Canada.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, lighten up dude. Refineries have MANY good connotations - like providing THOUSANDS of jobs to this city, state, and country in addition to producing vital products that our society NEEDS in order to operate.

It's a fantastic name for a Houston bar and I plan to check it out when it opens. I'll let you know how the air quality is at THE REFINERY which is downwind from section 8 housing. :rolleyes:

They could also do a remake of Urban Cowboy.

• The title was changed to Redevelopment Of Former Club 702

Archived