Homemade Signs Possible?

tcr98taws6

I am of the impression 1/2 of the homemade signs in all of Fort Bend County are located on the corner of I-10 and the Grand Parkway. It has quickly become quite the eyesore. The classics blink.gif include advertising poop removal on full sheets of plywood.

I believe we need stricter code enforcement and soon.

I am of the impression 1/2 of the homemade signs in all of Fort Bend County are located on the corner of I-10 and the Grand Parkway. It has quickly become quite the eyesore. The classics blink.gif include advertising poop removal on full sheets of plywood.

I believe we need stricter code enforcement and soon.

I can't get behind you on requiring that signs be professionally made or that they not advertise poop-related businesses, but you can talk to Harris County about the removal of bandit signs.

I can't tell you how many times I have been tempted to take a chainsaw to the two legs of that pooper scoop sign. I think there are no real rules/laws against this because the area is not in a "city".

I've wondered that too. If these are unpermitted signs on county property, is there any reason that a private citizen can't go remove them?

Signs on public right of way are liter, and can be removed by any one. I've done that to real estate signs in Houston, as well as ugly crap on light and telephone poles. Even better was when Perry Homes sign guy put up signs on my property. Lots of useful corroplast for me that day.

Area Office Personnel to Contact to Report Illegal Signs on TxDOT Right of Way

Fort Bend--David Mikeska or Royce Macka 281-238-7955 or 281-238-7900, fax# 281=238-7999, address 4235 SH6 S. Rosenburg, Tx 77471-9503

West Harris--Scott Scholz 713-934--5927, fax# 713-934-5999 address 14838 Northwest Freeway Houston, Tx. 77040-4027 

Also found a "citizens against street spam" website...

http://www.causs.org/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topics&forum=52&page=

Apparently HC precinct 4 has a volunteer sign removal program - wonder of precinct 3 has the same...

http://www.causs.org...g_id=3132&page=

Bandit sign problem at Grand Pkwy (99) and I-10

Read more: http://www.city-data...l#ixzz0gfgFyz9E

Anyway, I would try to organize a volunteer group to clean it up.

We did it in an unincorporated area of Sugar Land. Volunteers, and the help of the county commissioner for the area and TXDOT.

The longer it's allowed to flourish, the worse it will get. Trash attracts more trash, as is obvious there.

I can't get behind you on requiring that signs be professionally made or that they not advertise poop-related businesses, but you can talk to Harris County about the removal of bandit signs.

No matter what the signs are, they may be there illegally if they are

-- in public right-of-way (on medians or near the curb)

-- on private property (meaning land owned by a real estate company or individual even if no one is occupying the land) without permission (which they often are on these vacant lots... owners usually don't know the signs are being put there)

Area Office Personnel to Contact to Report Illegal Signs on TxDOT Right of Way

West Harris--Scott Scholz 713-934--5927, fax# 713-934-5999 address 14838 Northwest Freeway Houston, Tx. 77040-4027

Scott Scholz is the right person to call.

I called Scott last friday and he said my call was the first he'd heard of the problem. He said they would drive by and address the issue this week.

Very nice guy, but I suggest others call him as well. It only took several minutes.

• 2 months later...
  • The title was changed to Homemade Signs Possible?

Archived