Knapp Chevrolet To Close

musicman

Knapp Chevrolet has been a fixture in downtown Houston since 1939. We're a dealership that has good customer service ratings, our sales are up and we're profitable. We've sold over 100,000 vehicles and employed thousands of people.

Nevertheless, General Motors has elected to add us to the list of dealerships who have been unfairly denied the right to operate our businesses by cancelling our franchise agreement. We have poured our money, blood, sweat and tears into this dealership for over four generations.

online petition

They'll probably turn a higher profit selling that property than they have in their last two decades of business. Their location was too small for them to be able to compete in the way the new automotive market will require, and they can't possibly expand, but that piece of land probably has developers wetting their pants in excited anticipation.

They'll probably turn a higher profit selling that property than they have in their last two decades of business. Their location was too small for them to be able to compete in the way the new automotive market will require, and they can't possibly expand, but that piece of land probably has developers wetting their pants in excited anticipation to turn it into a parking lot.

fixed :-\

They'll probably turn a higher profit selling that property than they have in their last two decades of business. Their location was too small for them to be able to compete in the way the new automotive market will require, and they can't possibly expand, but that piece of land probably has developers wetting their pants in excited anticipation.

I don't know...this place is close to both to the train tracks AND to a jail. I guess it's a conventient location if you need to walk to a bail bondsman

I don't know...this place is close to both to the train tracks AND to a jail. I guess it's a conventient location if you need to walk to a bail bondsman

Which would be perfect if the below were true.

How about another Bar on Washington?

It would be a big freakin' bar... or at least a bar with some decent parking.

I went to Knapp one time because it was close and I didn't want to hit south loop and beyond yet. They had no selection, but they told me they will sell anyone else's car off their lot for cheaper. Ok. But I wanted to look at stuff. Get some inventory. Also, the parts department wasn't open on the weekend. 0 for 2. I think they should put a kayak and canoe rental place there, with buses to shuttle me out west and drop me off in Buffalo Bayou.

I went to Knapp one time because it was close and I didn't want to hit south loop and beyond yet. They had no selection, but they told me they will sell anyone else's car off their lot for cheaper. Ok. But I wanted to look at stuff. Get some inventory. Also, the parts department wasn't open on the weekend. 0 for 2. I think they should put a kayak and canoe rental place there, with buses to shuttle me out west and drop me off in Buffalo Bayou.

I remember going there last year. While arguing with the salesman as to why HE needed my social security number I walked over to one of the snax machine and the bloody thing took my dollar. When I asked the finance manager for a refund he rudely said "Oh the machine is at your own risk". What the heck? To top it off, while waiting on the manager, the bloody receptionist didnt even have hot coffee in the waiting area. Ugh. I walked out of there fed up. Do you know how difficult it is to not go back? Ugh!

I remember going there last year. While arguing with the salesman as to why HE needed my social security number I walked over to one of the snax machine and the bloody thing took my dollar. When I asked the finance manager for a refund he rudely said "Oh the machine is at your own risk". What the heck? To top it off, while waiting on the manager, the bloody receptionist didnt even have hot coffee in the waiting area. Ugh. I walked out of there fed up. Do you know how difficult it is to not go back? Ugh!

Oh man, if they pulled that snack machine nonsense with me I'd waste their whole day with test drives, haggle out a deal, and then walk out when it was time to sign the paperwork.

• 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...

That Dealership was the number one local parts hub for all the rest in town, if they didn't have it no one had it! I find it understandable that younger generations make mockery of a local icon of a business, the true story in this post was over everyone's head. It just goes with the mindset of our country as it now is... enough said.

• The title was changed to Knapp Chevrolet To Close?
  • The title was changed to Knapp Chevrolet To Close