Anyone Try SmashBurger yet?

Yes! The one on Main and Kirby. I really really like them, but others I have talked to say they're just okay. The price doesn't help, either, but I don't think it's that bad. Service at that location has always been good, too.

If you go, I'd recommend the 1/2 pound mushroom swiss. The fries are good, too (rosemary, garlic, and olive oil on them).

Will have to check that out. I have eaten at the one at Kirby and Main several times. Great burger, so-so fries. (No match for 5 Guys Fires).  Overpriced if you compare their burgers to BK or McD's but not to other premium burger joints like Fudrucker or Beck's. 

went last week... burger was pretty tasty, the smash fries were awesome although a little on the greasy side. did not care for the space at all... just doesn't feel like a burger joint, and their signs looks like it belongs to gamestop or something.

LOL, a place has to feel like a burger joint?

I think the design is pretty efficient and cheap to execute; but don't get me started on exposed ceilings in restaurants though!

The food (main&kirby) is what one would expect from a nicer american food place and they seem to know their customers demographics w/r/t prices.

• 3 weeks later...

Where the gas station is? Or where DJs Old Timey Hamburgers (now defunct) is?

That's it. It was Mary Ann's prior to DJ's. Mary Ann's were Old Fashioned and DJ's were Old Timey. I think we will agree that both were good and greasy.

They opened one right by my office (Westheimer and Tollway, and I've been there a few times. My coworkers are gaga about this place (though they live in Friendswood, so I think their dining standards are low). Their frenchfries are really good, but I don't think their burgers or chicken sandwiches are really anything special. Beck's Prime is much better.

• 4 weeks later...