Can You All Tell Me Where Chimmy Chans Is?

YO KID. The Timmy Chans i know about are:

1) 610 and Martin Luther King (MLK)

2) Scott St. (few blocks north of OST)

3) Bellaire Blvd (West of 610 loop)

Just some food for thought. Stop thru and get some good ol'tastin' chinese style fried chicken, ribs, and a whole lot more. :D

you don't know what you're missing.  well i love it atleast.  the egg rolls are the best and they are huge.

I think hes just being himself again...I thought screaming liberals like LTAWACS were supposed to be more open-minded but whatever...the food is good and theres definitely a good helping of it too

It is very good, inexpensive Chinese food, but they use enough oil that you could drain it off the food and run your car off of it!

I think they only take cash, also--at least at the ones I've been to (610@Lockwood on the northside and on Scott near TSU).

citykid, I think the one on 610@Lockwood would be easiest for you to go to (you live in B-CS, right?) Just take 610 East from 290 and the Lockwood exit is right after 59.

A black Chinese restaurant--and that's before Rush Hour 2 came out with the idea!!

Citykid, yes on both questions. If you have any other questions about A&M just let me know. By the way, don't believe anything about A&M being a racist school. I don't think the school is racist, but if it is, it isn't more racist than UH, Rice, or Texas would be. I've never had any negative events here. Coming to A&M is one of the best decisions that I have ever made.

Citykid, yes on both questions.  If you have any other questions about A&M just let me know.  By the way, don't believe anything about A&M being a racist school.  I don't think the school is racist, but if it is, it isn't more racist than UH, Rice, or Texas would be.  I've never had any negative events here.  Coming to A&M is one of the best decisions that I have ever made.

What are you taking over there? Do you go to Blinn Also? Alot of people go to both.

What are you taking over there? Do you go to Blinn Also? Alot of people go to both.

I'm getting my master's in urban planning, but I'll be graduating next week. I've never been to Blinn and I've only seen it a couple of times in Bryan. Even then, I only really go to Bryan to get my haircut downtown (shout out to Bro. Blake at the Men of Distinction Barbershop!) and to eat at Barnhill's or get food from Fargo's (it's actually time for another trip there).

By the way, I was told when I first moved here that there is a soul food restaurant in Bryan, but I have never been able to find it. Do you know the name of it and where it is?

Timmy Chan's - not very good.

Or - its cheap for a reason.

You can find 1000 other places to eat in Houston 10xs better, it seems Timmy Chans has a reputation - if you havent eaten there then your not really a "good houstonian" or something along those lines.

In my opinion your missing very little by avoiding it all together - but then go ahead and try it for yourself......

TAMU offers Urban Planning Masters????

no sh$t!

Never knew they did that - I though UT had a program, but then thought that you'd have to go to MIT, ND, Stanford, UWash, IIT.... for a Masters like that.

hmmm.... Id like to get a masters in that, but dont know if I could take the Whoops.... (long story)

TAMU offers Urban Planning Masters????

no sh$t!

Never knew they did that - I though UT had a program, but then thought that you'd have to go to MIT, ND, Stanford, UWash, IIT.... for a Masters like that.

hmmm.... Id like to get a masters in that, but dont know if I could take the Whoops.... (long story)

Not only does A&M offer it, it may be the oldest program in the state. The program turned 40 this year. UTA and UT also have PAB accredited programs. They also have several different specialization certificates in areas such as sustainability, health planning, and hazards planning.

As far as the whoops go, I don't mind them and I think that tradition is kinda cool. But this program this past year had between 30-40 students and I'd say that it is a very diverse student body with at least 25% of the students from outside of the U.S. Most international students come from India, Korea, and China. We also had a students from Colombia and Oman.

A&M also has a minor in Planning and a PH. D. in Urban and Regional Science (URSC).

Not only does A&M offer it, it may be the oldest program in the state. The program turned 40 this year. UTA and UT also have PAB accredited programs. They also have several different specialization certificates in areas such as sustainability, health planning, and hazards planning.

As far as the whoops go, I don't mind them and I think that tradition is kinda cool. But this program this past year had between 30-40 students and I'd say that it is a very diverse student body with at least 25% of the students from outside of the U.S. Most international students come from India, Korea, and China. We also had a students from Colombia and Oman.

A&M also has a minor in Planning and a PH. D. in Urban and Regional Science (URSC).

Good to know - like I said the whoops are a long story. But none the less good to know. Thanks

Timmy Chan's - not very good.

Or - its cheap for a reason.

You can find 1000 other places to eat in Houston 10xs better, it seems Timmy Chans has a reputation - if you havent eaten there then your not really a "good houstonian" or something along those lines.

In my opinion your missing very little by avoiding it all together - but then go ahead and try it for yourself......

Timmy Chan's isn't exactly fine dining, but it's a good cheap meal. I eat at the Original Timmy Chan's at Scott and OST every so often. I can feed my wife and myself 2 meals a piece for $6.06 (that's four egg rolls and an order of vegetable lo mein). I've been happy with the veggie lo mein, plus it's about the "healthiest" thing they offer, so I haven't delved any farther into their menu.

Keep in mind that there are billions of Timmy Chans, and they're not all the same restaurant. There is a chain of Original Timmy Chans, not to mention New Timmy Chan #7 on Main Street by Reliant Stadium, Jimmy Chans over on MLK, Chicken Chan over on Cullen near Yellowstone, Chick N Chung's, Timmy Dangs... ;) I can vouch for Original Timmy Chan's, but the others sound like imposters to me. :P