Damn, it's HOT

rsb320

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got my water bill today. I don't suppose there's some rewards program (ala AMEX) sponsored by public works. I am certainly making a case for a separate, outdoor meter. We tripled our usage this month and more than half the bill was sewage.

I got my water bill today. I don't suppose there's some rewards program (ala AMEX) sponsored by public works. I am certainly making a case for a separate, outdoor meter. We tripled our usage this month and more than half the bill was sewage.

Mine quadrupled! And the grass STILL died! I'm giving up. If it dies, I'll put in those grey round stones or something. :(

lightning/thunder is amazing now along with the heavy rain.

Yep, there was a point where just about all of the inner loop was covered in a blotch of red on the weather radar map. It came down really hard earlier today in the 2nd Ward / Eastwood areas, too, but only lasted about 10 or 15 minutes.

Looks like the forecast is calling for more of the same throughout the coming week.

lightning/thunder is amazing now along with the heavy rain.

Broadmoor had a really violent thunderstorm for almost an hour. Didn't have the rain gauge out but guess it was about an inch - thanks, Mother Nature! A nearby lightning strike tripped the circuit breakers to my A/C and a couple of rooms but I managed to reset them. Glad my computer didn't get fried!

I saw a double rainbow after the rains yesterday, so that's three in three days. I saw one first on Thursday after the east side rains. The sunset yesterday was quite amazing as well.

I saw a double rainbow after the rains yesterday, so that's three in three days. I saw one first on Thursday after the east side rains. The sunset yesterday was quite amazing as well.

I saw the rainbow too! And it was the first time I believe I've seen a complete rainbow--end to end.

Here comes another round this afternoon. These storms just popped up out of nowhere. It looks like we are moving into our normal summer weather pattern. It won't be long until we see storms lining up in the Atlantic and Gulf.

Anybody know where we stand on our rainfall deficit?

Here comes another round this afternoon. These storms just popped up out of nowhere.

I was driving near Main and Elgin around 3:50 pm when this powerful wind just blew thru. I could see sheets of rain coming down, they weren't coming down straight, but were being "whooped" around. It rocked my car a bit, the traffic lights starting going out and my visibility was impaired, so I stopped and took shelter in a store until it died down. Then I had to wait in the parking lot for another 45 mins until the flooding cleared out. I don't know if they were strong straight line winds or a weak tornado, but they were certainly strong.

So, midtown has a serious drainage issue. City streets should be able to handle summer thunderstorms, but some of the damn streets were blocked off today. There were a few limbs down too, I was surprised to see this. I figured Ike took out all of the weak ones.

Speaking of drainage issues, I was going west down Richmond just before Kirby (in front of the Pappadeaux) about 4:30. It was a lake, after a plain ole, 30 minute summer t-storm. Two cars stalled out in high water. Stuff like this makes me think twice about living in the denser parts of the inner loop with big shiny tall stuff going in on the same old grid.

Speaking of drainage issues, I was going west down Richmond just before Kirby (in front of the Pappadeaux) about 4:30. It was a lake, after a plain ole, 30 minute summer t-storm. Two cars stalled out in high water. Stuff like this makes me think twice about living in the denser parts of the inner loop with big shiny tall stuff going in on the same old grid.

I'll bet the Kirby reconstruction project will help eliminate flooding in that area. Hell, it may be the cause of the flood you encountered.

Archived