Greyhound Bus Station At 2121 Main St.

midtown 4.2

40 minutes ago, hindesky said:

With McDonalds gone and the Greyhound shut down plus an HPD officer at the gas station almost every time I go by, the vagrants have dispersed to other locations. 

jtrjcPJ.jpeg

They are a block to the east (at least they were last week -- in greater numbers than had recently been the case).

• Like 1

Yeah, I wish whoever is running all these other places with trespassing permits up would do the same for el expresso.. they've pretty much started back up in front of there, can watch the dealers dealing from my balcony as HPD just rolls by. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
23 minutes ago, Urbannizer said:

This is said to be a mid-rise residential building. Check the data table below.

https://mmgrea.com/houston-4q23/

Nice! Thanks for sharing, @Urbannizer.

Did the 2121 Main St property sell? A change in ownership for the former Midtown Greyhound bus station hasn't been recorded to the county clerk's database yet. If this has been sold or is in closing, I hope the owner(s) will make good use of the land.

In regards to the information on MMG Real Estate Advisors' website, it's a Houston Construction Pipeline overview for the 4th Quarter of 2023.

Below are either preliminary or proposed details pertaining to the 2121 Main St property:

• Property Name: Former Greyhound Bus Station    

• Submarket: Downtown  / Montrose / River Oaks    

• Address: 2121 Main St    

• City: Houston

• Zip Code: 77002    

• Property Status: Pre-Planned 

• Property Structure: Wrap

ByqI5DB.png

y8AOoIn.jpeg

6 minutes ago, IntheKnowHouston said:

Did the 2121 Main St property sell? A change in ownership for the former Midtown Greyhound bus station hasn't been recorded to the county clerk's database yet.

According to a LoopNet listing, Cushman & Wakefield is still marketing 2121 Main St on behalf of the seller. The last update to the listing was in March. It's also not marked as being under contract.

https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/2121-Main-St-Houston-TX/27469813/

• Like 1

Several occupancy permits were purchased yesterday for 2121 Main St, Suite A.  The listed occupant on the permit is Andy's Home Cafe. However, I think this is incorrect. It's likely a typo. I'm assuming the permit is for 2121 N Main St, Suite A, where that unit was recently vacated.

4E0Evl7.png

nQcUqlK.png

53 minutes ago, IntheKnowHouston said:

@McD.land are you able to share any updates regarding the former Greyhound bus station at 2121 Main St?

I think the construction post that was mentioned the other day may be from the group that had it under contract last fall.  They dropped the contract in December.  There has been a group negotiating on the entire portfolio, but nothing has been agreed to.  And I think you are right about the typo with the city.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, McD.land said:

I think the construction post that was mentioned the other day may be from the group that had it under contract last fall.  They dropped the contract in December.  There has been a group negotiating on the entire portfolio, but nothing has been agreed to.  And I think you are right about the typo with the city.

@McD.land, thanks for responding and the insight. I appreciate it. 

On 4/20/2024 at 10:01 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

@McD.land, thanks for responding and the insight. I appreciate it. 

Had a quick chat with the owner to confirm, that construction note was part of a MF pipeline report for MMG (investment sales team) from Q4 - from when the property was under contract. 2121 has not been sold and there are no plans on it at this time.  We are still working on finding a good buyer for it!

• Like 2