Westchase District: Office Tower For Halliburton

nate

Just to summarize:

Halliburton will be adding on to a campus they have on Beltway 8, just south of George Bush Airport and moving their HQ up there (from downtown, boooo). They are building a 16-story building plus some other stuff in the Westchase District. They will be consolidating operations into those two sites. Total of something like 5,500 employees at the two locations.

Chron.com states that the 16 story building will be located in the Energy Corridor. I hardly consider Bellaire/BW8 to be the EC. Am I wrong, is Westchase part of the EC?

Chron.com states that the 16 story building will be located in the Energy Corridor. I hardly consider Bellaire/BW8 to be the EC. Am I wrong, is Westchase part of the EC?

Halliburton already has an enormous building at Bellaire/BW8 so I assume this will be going up very cose to that building. Most of the buildings North of Bellaire at BW8 are energy related. The Westchase district has expanded its borders in the past to take in some of the new buildings that are being constructed in the area.

The Energy Corridor Management District includes basically everything west of Wilcrest, east of Barker Cypress, and south of the Addicks Reservoir. The southern boundary is about a mile off of Interstate 10 except along Eldridge, where its southern border is considered to be Westheimer.

It does not include Memorial City or Westchase.

The Energy Corridor Management District includes basically everything west of Wilcrest, east of Barker Cypress, and south of the Addicks Reservoir. The southern boundary is about a mile off of Interstate 10 except along Eldridge, where its southern border is considered to be Westheimer.

It does not include Memorial City or Westchase.

Here is the description from the ECMD's website: the district consists of 1,500 acres that extend along both sides of Interstate 10 from Tully to east of Park 10 Boulevard and along North Eldridge Parkway from Interstate 10 to south of Briar Forest.

But the Energy Corridor appellation is not really restricted to the Energy Corridor Management District property. I think it is often used in a much more general manner, referring to a swath of land of varying widths along the Katy Freeway, west of the the Beltway. (although including the Westchase District does seem to be a bit of a stretch. If you start including such far-afield areas as Westchase, it starts looking less and less like a corridor. ;-)

Here is the description from the ECMD's website: the district consists of 1,500 acres that extend along both sides of Interstate 10 from Tully to east of Park 10 Boulevard and along North Eldridge Parkway from Interstate 10 to south of Briar Forest.

But the Energy Corridor appellation is not really restricted to the Energy Corridor Management District property. I think it is often used in a much more general manner, referring to a swath of land of varying widths along the Katy Freeway, west of the the Beltway. (although including the Westchase District does seem to be a bit of a stretch. If you start including such far-afield areas as Westchase, it starts looking less and less like a corridor. ;-)

Actually, you are specifically correct but not generally. I've worked closely with the folks over there in the past, and even though the tax base is only those 1,500 acres, their area of operational interest is considerably larger, approximating the definitions I gave you. It is shown in several places on their website, including on the page that shows maps of the nearby master planned communities and the page with the map showing accessibility. They also use the definition I provided for planning and forecasting activities.

I guess the chron should just call Westchase, Westchase. Actually, this location is closer to Chinatown than the EC, in my mind.

I agree. Westchase is Westchase. I work just down the street from this location and I would have never thought to include it in the EC.

The campus on Bellaire, orignally built as Brown and Root is huge and they have much land for development. I just looked at it aerially and I never realized that this building was two triangles, with the top tips meeting.

Is this building considered brutalist on the facade?

If its Gensler im expecting a great design for this building! :)

Yeah, I worked with Gensler for my collaboration project last semester. All the people I met with were great and really knew what they were talking about. Really are a quality company.

My understanding is that they picked a design firm long ago - Gensler, I think.

If it is Gensler then there will be zero color on the inside. They like that sterile look.

Are you sure it is Genlser? Of course Gensler did the Helios Plaza at BP, and Hess Tower. Is this a LEED Building?

• 2 months later...
  • The title was changed to Westchase District: Office Tower For Halliburton

Archived