McMansions in the suburbs make less sense with high energy prices

So what realistic policy do you propose to combat poor people? Class-based genocide? Eugenics? What is your final solution, Puma?

This is going well off what my intent was.

I was mentioning that people cause poor conditions of inner loop housing, the "cause" of this migration to outer sprawls because other people would rather live in nicer neighborhoods, which is the effect of neglect of owners who can't maintain them. If they use the excuse that they are "poor" and that's why they live the way they live, then there is a solution.

The solution. We already have it, it's called a rental.

You pay what you can afford, and let the landlord takes care of the maintenance.

When you are ready for home ownership, you should be ready to tackle the payments along with the upkeep.

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We already have it, it's called a rental.

You pay what you can afford, and let the landlord take care of the maintenance.

When you are ready for home ownership, you should be ready to tackle the payments along with the upkeep.

:blink: Wow. Just...wow.

I could say so many things...for which Editor would probably kick me off of HAIF...and it would almost be worth it.

I still live with stained/worn carpeting in my house because I am still saving for that next renovation project when I finally replace them.

neglect comes in many forms it seems.

neglect comes in many forms it seems.

Include the entire post instead of your abbreviated version if you are trying to make a point. :rolleyes:

It took me 5 years to remodel my home, and I am still not halfway done. I still live with stained/worn carpeting in my house because I am still saving for that next renovation project when I finally replace them.

I bought the home in already depressed conditions, and it is always improving. There is a huge difference between buying a home, and letting decay settle in, versus buying a depressed home and renovating it.

Include the entire post instead of your abbreviated version if you are trying to make a point. :rolleyes:

Keep at it man, I am happy you found someone like myself to keep you entertained. Too bad for you I take the higer road. B)

I bought the home in already depressed conditions, and it is always improving. There is a huge difference between buying a home, and letting decay settle in, versus buying a depressed home and renovating it.

it's ok if you can't tackle the upkeep. maybe you might be happier in a rental? the landlord would take care of the maintenance.

No complaints from my neighbors, as it is a huge improvement over what used to be there in 2002. I don't see any issues with it, especially since I put my efforts on the exterior to benefit the overall neighborhood and my neighbors first and foremost. I don't see your point. I do see issues with homes that continue to look worse and worse each year. My home (not land) property values are going up because of my improvements and I have inspired my neighbors to do the same to their homes.

If more people attempted what I did, this outward trend to move away from the city due to "unsafe" looking neighborhoods would not be an issue. We need more owners that care. I am surprise you don't see that.

If more people attempted what I did, this outward trend to move away from the city due to "unsafe" looking neighborhoods would not be an issue. We need more owners that care. I am surprise you don't see that.

And if they're too poor (i.e. lazy) to do what you did, well they can just move into the showcase neighborhood that is Gulfton, a haven for renters that is spotless, crime free, and that is undergoing rapid gentrification due to its attractive location and high-quality housing stock. :wacko:

You forgive those that are the least forgivable. And you bid good riddance to displaced poor even as you spite them for moving to inexpensive suburban housing stock. I don't care what your lifestyle is like--and even if more people actually wanted to live in the kind of home that you do, there aren't enough obsolete townhomes to be divided amongst all our newcomers--your opinions are profoundly elitist.

Wait a second here! In this topic people were griping that Puma thought OTHERS were "elitist". Now you're saying that HE is an "elitist". So which is it? :lol:

Seriously, I think that is one of those terms that people toss about that is vague enough to mean effectively nothing.

Sorry, had to point that out. Back to the topic...

Wait a second here! In this topic people were griping that Puma thought OTHERS were "elitist". Now you're saying that HE is an "elitist". So which is it? :lol:

Seriously, I think that is one of those terms that people toss about that is vague enough to mean effectively nothing.

Sorry, had to point that out. Back to the topic...

I agree, actually. The term has different meanings that are hard to distinguish, even in context.

But here I said that his opinions were elitist, and that was very intentional on my part. I don't want to call him a snob, because that is more of a personal attack...for which I might be smote down by the almighty wrath of Wayne. But I will dub his opinions to be very elitist and in pretty much any sense of the word you could imagine.

I can't speak for those on the other thread, though.

We have plently of existing 'burbs' as it is, plenty of them decaying and ready for people to reinvest in them, and I am sure we have plenty of them for sale to meet the needs of the Houstonians.

It's crap developments like this are unnecessary. Do we really need more of this, we had had dozens of "Master Planned" already and I doubt they are at full capacity. Bridgeland's mottos is Find Balance, sure more money for gas and less time with family, sounds like a great balance to me.

People just want to say they have a NEW home regardless how far away it is from the city. That is how this vicious cycle continues. More and more sprawl gets built further and further away. Houston is saturated enough with sprawl hoods. When are we going to learn our lesson and stop buying in the middle of nowhere.

Those people deserve to pay $5 gas, heck they should be required to pay $10/gallon for lack of common sense and handing their money away to greedy developers.

Have you even been to Bridgeland? Do you even know what master planned means? It is obvious you do not. also, again, you are to narrow minded to remember that we don't all work downtown. I live, work and play in Cypress. Should I move into the loop so I can commute all the way back out to Cypress? All of my neighbors that work less than 10 miles from their homes, should they do the same? Again, I have a shorter commute than you, a much more pleasurable, enjoyable, attractive and fun place to live than you. I have much more open space and trails and activities than you do. I have a much nicer, many times more energy efficient and overall better value home than you do. I get to spend as much time as I want with my family. I have a much better public educational system available for my child than you do. My child can walk to elementary, middle and high schools, all less than 1 mile form my home. I can go on and on, but I am sure it would be lost on you.

Also, Cypress is not exactly the middle of nowhere. I have just as many amenities and shopping areas available to me as you do, if not more, and more coming all the time. it may not have the "character" you like, but I am not you.

Also, how is a developer different than any other business. They are in it to make money. And to make money, you offer a product that meets a markets demands. if yo don't meet the markets expectations, you will not make any money, if you do, you will. It applies to developers, grocery stores, tire stores, banks, etc. It is basic economics. It is pretty obvious that you do not understand economics or economic factors. You can build the coolest place in the world, that solves all of the worlds woes, but if nobody wants to use it, it is useless and will fail. Every person buying a home knows the risks they are taking in buying a home. Nobody has a gun to their head. Being a free, open market, the consumer has more than enough choices, but it is ultimately the buyers choice, not yours!

Back to the topic...

10 Things You Can Like About $4 Gas

2. Sprawl Stalls

Across the country, real estate agents are reporting that many home buyers are looking to move closer to cities. Gas prices are shaping their decisions.
You're wrong. And I can prove it.

TIME is wrong, and everyone else is lying. It's a trend of the majority (not including your special exception).

"Housing in cities and neighborhoods that require lengthy commutes and provide few transportation alternatives to the private vehicle are falling in value more precipitously than in more central, compact and accessible places."

McMansions are the new manufactured home. Just like cars, manufactured home lose value, rather than gain like most permanent housing. Looks like McMansions in key areas will follow that trend in this era of $4 gas.

Hopefully all new sprawl developments will cease and smart growth can assume the role for future development.

I think the clear difference between the past developements and present developements is that the past was not done for profit nor was it predetermined for us.

It was to establish new settlements on arable land near bodies of water and create a civilization, not master planned communities with no depth in them.

Read the article again if you don't get what point A and point B are in context to was I am referring to.

What in the world do you mean past developments were not done for profit? ____________ all of the Heights was a "master planned community" built for profits. Heck, Houston was founded by two developers that came up Buffalo Bayou to create a city for the purpose of making money. Everywhere you shop, live, eat, play was created by somebody trying to make money. Mot people do not do things just for the sake of doing something, with no positive return expected. Do you work for free? Should you not donate all of the excess money you make to charity or the poor on the street instead of buying you things that are not required to sustain life, like a computer? Wow, totally amazing how completely disconnected you are from the real world!

Just a gentle reminder folks - the topic is about energy consumption and not personal preference of housing, scenery, and time spent...and no name calling please^^^

----edit----

Eep - i should post more quickly - there were like two new ones since I started!

I live, work and play in Cypress.

Congrats on being an exception, you are one of the few. This topic does not affect you then. I am happy for you. Everyone will chime in, but I am just supporting what the topic states. Please email TIME magazine then and tell them to stop lying if you feel so passionate about it. ;)

And sorry Bridgeland is in the middle of nowhere. The development is fine if they can admit that, but they continue to market it as a Houston area neighborhood, that is the issue I see with it. It's a bit far to be relevant to Houston anymore, I think Bridgeland really takes association to conveniances Houston to a ridiculous level as does Fall Creek.

If Cypress is considered a city, that is how they should market it.

What's done is done, the damage is done, it's built, might as well use live in it rather than let it go to waste.

But the rate of these new sprawls being built by developers is well over the actual demand.

The demand only exists because they offer it so cheaply. If the homes were built with better materials and quality and had ammenties other than a rentention pond and a golf course (waste of land), I can see it being worth something.

If they built homes a bit smaller, better quality, and incorporated more infrustrature, like grided neighborhoods instead of cul-de-sacs, it would be a better developement worth the price that can eventually turn into something better.

An example being Bridgeland. I don't think people were begging for a house in the middle of nowhere until they decided to make up a fancy name, stick a golf course in it and call it a masterplanned community.

But since a developer decided to create a master planned community, the demand is there.

Someone should redo Sharpstown.

Gas money is one thing, my life wasted in traffic because I decided to live 15 miles further away is another.

I can't put a price on that, but my free time after work and before bed is worth more to me having an extra 45-90 minutes a day to do what I want.

Again, you do not have any factual information.

Based on the most recent metro study, demand for homes is still exceeding supply, this includes new homes and resale homes.

Also, basic economics, you can not artificially create demand. If the demand for new homes in Houston is 40,000 a year, you can not create 50,000 new homes and automatically have them sold, there would be 10,000 new homes left over. The demand for 40,000 homes can occur all over, but typically a homebuyer has a set radius in which they are willing to purchase a home, whether for resale or new, all based on what is important to them - location, schools, etc., not what is important to you! if a developer could automatically create demand, there would be more sprawl than you could ever imagine! Also, Bridgeland has no golf course and has set aside over 3,000 acres of open space and large lakes. Do you have anything like that near you? No, I didn't think so!

A major problem with new urbanism is that grid streets are great on paper, but they do not sell. If the buyer wants a cul-de-sac, they will buy in a cul-de sac. Why do you like grid streets, do you have a true reason to like it more, or is this just repeated rhetoric you once read in a book? Did you know that Bridgeland is about to open a TND/new urbanism neighborhood that is adjacent to a village type retail center? No, I am pretty sure you didn't. Did you know that the developer will actually be losing money on this phase of development, and that it is done to see if yahoo's like you and your kind would actually live in a TND in the Houston area. None have been successful so far, we will see if this one is.

What should be redone to Sharpstown? Do you have a true, genuine idea that is not only functional and profitable? I doubt it.

TIME is wrong, and everyone else is lying. It's a trend of the majority (not including your special exception).

Your article does nothing to refute the physical impossibility of the majority of suburbanites commuting to the central city.

Everyone will chime in, but I am just supporting what the topic states. Please email TIME magazine then and tell them to stop lying if you feel so passionate about it. ;)

Time magazine is not data. And it is certainly not specific to Houston.

Your options for "reasonably" close work are fewer the further away you go. If you live near or within density, you have much more variety.

This does not apply to the people who plan the location of their home along with their dental office, salon, coffee house etc; that they manage or own as someone mentioned earlier. That is a rare case and does not apply to the focus of what the article targets.

Some people live above there work, or work at home, obviously they would be not be a good example either.

If you say the Energy Corridor has plenty of good paying jobs is out in the suburbs and living in Katy is not an issue, that is limiting to those with that career. There are plenty of people in Katy that travel to the medical center or downtown.

For everyone else that already has a place to live, does not want to move again, and puts a resume out there for what ever line of work you are in, you depend on a variety of available work "reasonably" close to home.

My last three jobs have been around I-45 S and Telephone, 59 S and BW8, and 290 and Gessner, and me living in nearby the city center his had a minimal impact on my driving time and driving distance.

What do you think people that work in the Energy Corridor do? If tis for a petroleum company, are they only engineers? No over half of them are support personal: maintenance staff, assistants, food workers, maids, etc. There is a job for pretty much every career field. Wow, you really need to think before you speak!

A smart person never bases a career choice on where the job is without taking all other conditions into context. Future growth, prospects and work conditions can far outweigh commuting. Did you know people can also move when changing jobs? It is amazing but it happens, no kidding,

Sure, if you want to invest time and money developing the far out areas of the city which can take decades (see example below of Bridgeland), while the inner areas already established get neglected.

Right now, they are selling homes and getting ready to have people move in to a neighborhood in the middle of nowhere. The jobs available right now to sustain anyone to even think about purchasing those homes are few and far between, with the majority having to drive 20+ miles each way I am sure. Maybe 30 years from now like all exurb to suburb transitions, closer jobs with office parks will come, but that is 30 years from now.

How far out is enough!

I mean, this website promoting Bridgeland is markting the top header with a view of the downtown Houston skyline! You have more of a chance of seeing a watertower in Hockley.

www.liveinbridgeland.com

65c2oi.jpg

They even show the location of the master plan like it is "in" Houston, pointing out locations like (but not mentioning the actual distance to it in miles so I added them):

Memorial City Mall - 15.8 miles

Galleria - 20.7

Texas Medical Center - 35.1 miles

Reliant Stadium - 34.8 miles

Downtown - 30.5 miles

not mentioned

Energy Corridor - 12.4 miles

These are distances from the welcome center on Fry Road, and this development goes way back beyond Grand Parkway! Just getting out of the neigborhood with the cul-de-sac driven design will add a couple of more miles and time each trip.

Of course it's near, how would you argue against it? :huh:

You contradict your own argument of all of the job center being over 20 miles away. Like you listed, the Energy Corridor is 12.4 miles, much less than 20 miles, and about the same commute that you have posted you now have. Did you know a large percentage of Bridgeland residents work there? What about the HP campus? it is less then 10 miles away? What about professionals like me work in Cypress? There are more than one of us out here, there are thousands that actually work in Cypress, as hard as it is to imagine. What about the work centers near BW8 and 290? All of the hospitals in the area (3 and counting). Jersey Village. I can go on and on. Again, not everybody, including yourself works downtown or in the medical center. What about those like my wife that get to work from home sometimes, or even those that get to all of the time? They actually have the freedom to live wherever they want, amazing yet again!

Also, over 50% of new Bridgeland residents resided in Cypress before moving to Bridgeland. They sure must know something you don't to pay an average of over $350,000 for a new home in the middle of nowhere.

Again, it is obvious you have not been to Bridgeland to look at the layout, the collector road grid system to help make moving around easier. Please, have some basic knowledge of a subject before making untrue, fact less statements about them.

Then the Bridgeland marketing team should remove the Houston downtown skyline from their website and replace it with office parks, Home Depot and Walmart strip centers, and a Whataburger joint. That's is the sprawling environment that will actually surround Bridgeland.

This is how these developers promote themselves to sell you and make you believe that your new homes is reasonably "in" the city, to be referencing imagery of downtown Houston.

At this rate, a few years from now a Hempstead area developer will be promoting themselves as a Houston suburb and show imagery of downtown Houston.

Again, how far out is enough. :rolleyes:

FYI, that is not a bridgeland website, it is a realtor's own bandit site. She made the "mistake" of adding the skyline. Again, please check your facts.

Yeah. People are buying houses in Bridgeland because they're being misled into how far it is from dowtown. Because Bridgeland's marketing material is the first map of the city they've ever seen. :wacko:

Touch

Guess the developers believe people are not so attentive, or else they would be more realistic about what the have to offer a new home buyer.

They must be wasting there time then making up lies about the great sprawls.

Wow, again, listen to the argument. Before plunking down for a persons largest investment, unlike you, they typically look in to all factors involving the house, including locations and commute times. You may believe all you hear, but many of us have more intellect and ability to determine their own truth. Again, if you knew anything about marketing, you would know the point is to get people in the door, after that, it is anybodies game, and amazingly, the buyer makes the final decisions. Most people are not strong armed into buying a home.

Dude, all this is on you for buying a cheaply built house that you are obviously not happy with. The onus is on you to do the research on an area and the homebuilder/ quality of materials before making such a large commitment.

And lets please not go to Puma levels of generalizations. Just because your house is the suburbs in cheap (your words) not all of them are. There are a lot of choices of homebuilders in the Houston area and a wide range of price ranges.

If you feel the developers got one over on you than simply put you didn't do your homework.

Not trying to slam you, just the inferance that an apple is an orange because it is round and falls from a tree is getting old.

Agreed westguy!

I did my research, i got a very energy efficent house, all energy star, state of the art appliance and great fit and finish. its all about doing your homework. And you can get this in all price ranges from $200K and up if you do your research!

I think Puma is also trying to relate some of the larger effects of sprawl/exurbia on the environment aside from the daily commutes/massive energy consumption that might occur (stuff that is discussed in some of the books here).

This post is rather off-topic to the cost of energy discussion, but amen, brother. There are lots of ignorant homebuyers out there who would rather snatch up granite countertops and can lights than have quality drywall and plumb walls. This doesn't mean that all houses in subdivisions are bad - there are just as many poorly constructed new townhomes in Cottage Grove as there are poorly constructed new homes in Shadow Creek Ranch - it just means that construction quality and durability is just another one of those many variables, in addition to energy costs, that one has to weigh when deciding where to live. Our house was built in 1964 and aside from simple wear and tear, it is in excellent condition roof and foundation wise and you simply cannot find the same quality of lumber (red fir) in stores today that we have inside our walls, which is one of the reasons we paid up to live where we did.

Are you saying that in the 50's and 60's there were no poorly constructed homes, if you believe that, you are truly mistaken. Some of those poorly built homes are still around in other parts of town, and some have been taken down. don't be naive and think just because it is old it was built better.

I am commenting on the current situation, and existing suburbanites, like yourself, are taking offense to my comments and are ignoring pre-2000 Houston when I am sure most of the people move out there under better circumstances. I grew up in the suburbs too. With that in mind, no, you likely made a smart choice back then. So be happy and just get a smaller car and hope for better times. If you bought a house in Bridgeland, then keep reading.

Now, in 2008, these developers are still building cheap copy cat looking sprawl homes even FURTHER away from Houston; plus we have 4x the cost of gas and at least 2x the cost in electricty.

The average family who is interested in buying those still, now, under these economic times and energy prices, well, if I have nothing nice to say about there personal choices. <_<

I bought my brand new home in the burbs this year. i am fully aware of what actions I take and what i can and can not afford, and where I do and do not want to live. You are neglecting the fact that we are all entitled to free will. I am very happy about my choice, and the several thousand who bought homes out here recently are for the most part happy as well. it is amazing to think this, but most homeowners are capable of making fairly reasonable and good decisions for themselves on where to live and all of the implications associated with it.

In an effort to knock some sense back to focus back around the topic again, and not get into sprawl/smarthgrowth/new urbanism as I admittedly did and with the revived serialize responses that h2obuff is just regurgitating. It's senseless and is going to be a repeat of points covered last week. We've already been there, as both sides have their valid points. Which is why sprawl/smartgrowth/new urbanism is both supported and hated.

Here is the PM I sent to cDeb.

Let's back track.

This topics covers 2 things.

People who live in sprawls and commute long distances to work. (initial cost saving, extra expense later)

Developers who build isolated developments without nearby ammenties (conveniant live, work, and play)

The above is true, it's covers plenty of people, and plenty of examples exist.

Everything else in this thread has become a "me too" I am right and your a wrong because of. . .and I am just going to forget it, it went no where other than people taking it TOO personally. On a side note, I did enjoy debating with you.

You are 100% right with some things, as was I. Done.

If you want to get into sprawl/smarthgrowth/new urbanism, just PM me. I was at fault, and I am not supporting this conversation anymore in that direction. Take it to the other thread.

Our spoke and hub freeway design begs to differ, as evidence in the morning traffic channeling into town, and afternoon traffic returning back into the sprawls. It is not necessarily focused on the CBD, but a trend is clearly shown with our daily commutes with the opposite traffic flow moving much more freely.

Thanks for the input, but there are many new home owners finally realizing that the savings and benefits of moving into the "starting from low 100's" starter home sprawls. They are ones that will eventually hurt from this. They are characterized by lower to middle income buyers that want the American dream of owning a home and take advantage of these "supposed" great offers. Long daily commutes and increased gasoline costs cause your subruban frugal lifestyle savings to dwindle quickly.

Again, do your research. Lets use 290 as an example. Over 40% of the traffic on 290 exits the freeway before 610 (I will try and scan in this report to share this info). I doubt this 40% is taking backroads to the CBD. Just because it is a wheel and spoke system does not mean that all traffic flows to the CBD.

Example, during the planning stages of BW8 and the hardy, the original projects were that hardy would make the most money, and help support BW8 to create a break even scenario for HCTRA. However, as we all know, BW8 has many times the usage of hardy. Where do you think all of the BW8 people are going, not to the CBD, but one of the several dozen other work centers around the city.

Your final argument did not address what i said, but instead created a new one. I wasn't discussing the $100k homes, but how many people, as hard as it is to believe, do not care. Look at this article yesterday:

http://autos.yahoo.com/articles/autos_content_landing_pages/593/hardest-to-get-cars/

The Prius and the Lexus LS, tow completely opposite cars are the most wanted. Do you think the person buying the $75k gas guzzler cares if gas is $2 or 5$? Probably not.

Try sticking with what a McMansion is, which my home is clearly not. :rolleyes:

The photo I posted is the rear of my home, faces the alley. Alleys are not supposed to be focal point of the home. I have a front door side with great curb appeal. McMansions share the front door with the garage. Not good curb appeal. Even older homes that had garage and fron access in the front side of the property used to have the garage at least recessed further back towards the rear of the home.

I was trying to make a point that not everything in suburbia has to look the same. And easily the majority of the lower priced starter home McMansion resemble these.

lr2173784-1.jpglr2069592-10.jpglr2011255-1.jpg

Also, my home was built at the time with concrete floors on the second level and a network of steel beams supporting the second floor. Most newer homes have plywood/OSB floors and wooden support structures. I am proud of my awesome home, and don't care what your opinion is about it. It is amazing and I am glad I saved it from going into disrepair. B)

These sure look much better than your picture.

Does a concrete necessarily mean better than a wood floor? No, it does not, it all depends on design, construction, craftmanship, etc. The only reason your place was built that way is becauuse it was the cheapest construction method for that product at the time, no other reason.

The Prius and the Lexus LS, tow completely opposite cars are the most wanted. Do you think the person buying the $75k gas guzzler cares if gas is $2 or 5$? Probably not.

I'd be willing to bet they don't care about what/how much they consume in gas, and that's just what we need - more non-caring conspicuous consumers :rolleyes:

Hate to tell you this, but the odds are that most homes are built that way. While the inside and outside of the house looks pretty and is well appointed, but the hidden spaces may be total crap. The only way to assure of a properly built home is to hover over the construction site and picking a construction company yourself.

If you live and work in the 'burbs, I won't hate on that because it works for you. Just don't complain about gas prices. :)

Again, I did my research, I picked my builder and visited my house under construction nearly everyday. if I found a problem, I spoke up. Even with older homes, you can hire a qualified inspector to use some pretty good technology to see what you are really getting. Again, you have to do the research and but some effort into it.

I sure would love to pay less for gas, but you will not hear me complain (what good does it do but make me sound like a whiner). I do what I have to do, period, regardless of the price of gas. I also have two very workable legs and a bike to get around on. Sure i sweat a lot, but it does work.

You're wrong. And I can prove it.

US 290 is basically 3 lanes each direction outside of 43rd Street. The maximum capacity of a freeway lane is 2,200 passenger cars per hour. Capacity is severaly undercut when traffic is jammed, however, and that number generally reduces to about 800 in stop and go driving. US 290 is generally jammed from 6 am to 9 am and has near capacity flows on the hour on either side of that. That means that about 21,000 cars use US 290 during the morning peak, or about 23,500 people after adjusting for US 290's average vehicle occupancy.

Considering that there are 15 times that many people living within a few miles of US 290, your assertion that the majority of those folks commute into central Houston is baseless, as the infrastructure cannot handle it.

Great post CDeb, you beat me to the punch!

Congrats on being an exception, you are one of the few. This topic does not affect you then. I am happy for you. Everyone will chime in, but I am just supporting what the topic states. Please email TIME magazine then and tell them to stop lying if you feel so passionate about it. ;)

And sorry Bridgeland is in the middle of nowhere. The development is fine if they can admit that, but they continue to market it as a Houston area neighborhood, that is the issue I see with it. It's a bit far to be relevant to Houston anymore, I think Bridgeland really takes association to conveniances Houston to a ridiculous level as does Fall Creek.

If Cypress is considered a city, that is how they should market it.

You do not get it, I am not the exception, I am the norm. Your definition makes assumptions that are untrue. If the majority of my neighbors are in the same position I am, then it becomes the standard, and your arguments are the exception.

Yes, there are exceptions to everything, but because it differs from your opinion, you define it as an exception. I however, use facts and clear, reproducible logic to make an argument.

Again, if the majority of people in an area are like me, then we are not the exception, but the norm, destroying any argument you make.

Archived