Houston Museum Of Natural Science At 5555 Hermann Park Dr.

I rarely, if ever, see a roach. And when I do it's certainly never in my home.

But I will take a roach over a rat any day of the week.

I've seen them leaping from trees along Allen Parkway in the early morning hours. Ick.

I rarely, if ever, see a roach. And when I do it's certainly never in my home.

But I will take a roach over a rat any day of the week.

You're nuts! Roaches are everywhere this time of year. One women told me a story about how roaches would sneak up on her bed and run. Could you imagine if a rat did that!? Good stuff to get rid of them Borid acid. Terminex uses it.

I've seen them leaping from trees along Allen Parkway in the early morning hours. Ick.

Where's Marv when you need him?!

Always knows the inside (scoop) on roach and mouse droppings

All together gang!

180px-Marvin_Zindler_KTRK_2005.jpg

Edited by Vertigo58

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Now that we're nearing the end of Lucy's visit here in Houston, I was honestly surprised how many people actually came to Houston with the sole intention of just going to see Lucy.

After talking to more than a few clients, casual conversation with hotel and staff, I was a bit taken aback by this information. Several people I dealt with flew from Europe (scotland and Germany specifically) just to see Her and were very pleased and surprised about what Houston had to offer.

Of course, the lingering complaint I heard was the lack of transit options.

Makes me wonder if HMNS has stats about visitors seeing her?

We're only halfway through her visit -- it runs until late April. So the final impact won't be known for some time.

I know they've gotten money from me and will get more -- I went once by myself, once with the spouse, and will go this week again with my kid. On the days we can all go together it's too crowded!

• 1 month later...

it was truly surreal. it's hard to believe that it is real human flesh and organs. i left feeling heavy. a part of me was completely excited and fascinated. the other part (of me) was horrified and grossed out. i hope we get another show. my parents missed out last time around.

I found this exhibit very fascinating and had no 'eww, gross' aftereffects from it. Its real, but also fake. Remember there is no organic matter left, all you're seeing is plastic and rubber. It just so happens to be anatomically correct plastic and rubber. Nature does the same thing too: don't forget there is no wood in petrified wood, its all silica replacement, and some fossils that we see on store shelves are pure stone, with no organics whatsoever all having been replaced by minerals over time. The ethics of this is an entirely different discussion of course...

I found this exhibit very fascinating and had no 'eww, gross' aftereffects from it.
i have one bad memory of some parents giving sex ed lessons during the tour. not sure i care to hear a parent asking their child whether they have a penis. other than that, i really enjoyed the various exhibits Edited by musicman

The ethics of this is an entirely different discussion of course...

Got that right.

Mankind has hit an all time low. This all makes Norman Bates & Hannibal Lechter seem like quite normal

everyday people. Desensitized world and we wonder why others kill others with no kind of afterthought. Ok I'll stop. I'll just cave in and buy one of those real human-skinned lamp shades on E-Bay. :blink::lol:

and show Tx Chainsaw Massacre to grade school kids at recess.

• 8 months later...
What's different about Body Worlds 2 than the one a couple of years ago? And what dinosaur exhibit?

They always show those Body Worlds commercials while I'm eating.

Body Worlds Wikipedia

The previous exhibit was Body Worlds 3: The Story of the Heart. Part 2 concerns the nervous system.

I went to BWs 3 and was very impressed... the body's are really works of art, in addition to being educational. Preserving delicate structures is technically difficult.