Another Democrat Bites The Dust........

TJones

Polish milkmaid meets Luftwaffe pilot.
Well THAT made me stop my research.

You had me at Milkmaid......Go on. I'll turn on some appropriate marshal music.

haha! this afternoon is sure taking a turn (polish milkmaid is MUCH better than Chuck Palahniuk, though :D)

I think Spritzer knew in the back of his mind that he would eventually get caught, so he went for the $5000 hooker. If you are gonna get busted for being a "John", you don't want to be the cheapskate "John" that could only afford the $500 an hour hooker.

Now, since he endorsed Clinton because she helped him get the "Driver's Licenses for Illegals" law passed in New York, how does THIS affect her standings within the Dem. community ?

Now, since he endorsed Clinton because she helped him get the "Driver's Licenses for Illegals" law passed in New York, how does THIS affect her standings within the Dem. community ?

Don't think it will make a bit of difference. Obama's probably going to get the nomination anyway.

But with all of these high profile case (democrat, republican .. whatever). I mean, these are VERY smart people (or do we just assume they are smart?) that seem to get caught from doing things that are not so smart...

How is it that they lose their 'better' judgement...?

(And note, I am not judging any of them ... just asking).

He's not dumb by any stretch of the measure. He is very smart. He knew too well how things worked... and succumbed to his own temptations. No so much that he was dumb... as the Feds on the case were smarter, or at least had better luck.

I am guessing he paid the hooker in cash?, to cover his tracks, and moved money in-and-out of other accounts to cover it (or however it's done.) He would have been better off with a low-dollar $5/hour Galveston-class hooker (that he could have paid, in cash, with his pocket change) vs. the high-dollar variety he ultimately went for.

People with power think the rules don't apply to them. I look on the bright side. At least this is more of a run-of-the-mill scandal vs. the toe-tap, wide stance, "I am not gay," circus that the Republicans still have to deal with...

I am guessing he paid the hooker in cash?, to cover his tracks, and moved money in-and-out of other accounts to cover it (or however it's done.) He would have been better off with a low-dollar $5/hour Galveston-class hooker (that he could have paid, in cash, with his pocket change) vs. the high-dollar variety he ultimately went for.

Spitzer isn't soooo smart afterall, just a very "arrogant ass", according too just about everyone who has spoken about him recently. He actually paid for his hookers using bank wire transfers. Now he is also subject to bankfraud, for using transferred funds into bank accounts to illicit illegal acts. It also looks like the former "top cop" of New York has been hiring high priced hos for YEARS, 6 to 10 years possibly.

So he (and many of the men that are getting dragged down) are thinking with their little head instead of their big one? I just can't buy that.

Macrobro, the world is truly ruled by WOMEN, mainly a specific part on women, but WOMEN none the less. ;)

Dang ! Sorry for the double post folks.

People with power think the rules don't apply to them.

Neither do people without power. How many people never, ever speed?

So he (and many of the men that are getting dragged down) are thinking with their little head instead of their big one? I just can't buy that.

Why not? Sexual desire is why we're all here. Without it, there would be no art, no commerce, no architecture, and certainly no internet.

And to top that off, the person that will assume his position (no pun intended) is an African American, that could possibly become the super delegate, that could possibly go the other direction, that is however an assumption, being we don't know who he supports.

And to top that off, the person that will assume his position (no pun intended) is an African American, that could possibly become the super delegate, that could possibly go the other direction, that is however an assumption, being we don't know who he supports.

Lieutenant Governor David Paterson, the African American who would become governor if Spitzer resigns, endorsed Hillary Clinton in the New York primary election.

Lieutenant Governor David Paterson, the African American who would become governor if Spitzer resigns, endorsed Hillary Clinton in the New York primary election.

That could be in question since his boss was a rabid Clinton endorser, he could change his stance on that now. Just have to wait and see.

He's finally resigned. The fact that it took him so long speaks volumes about his arrogance.

It says nothing about his arrogance. Less than 48 hours from initial admission to resignation is not long at all. It speaks volumes about the Feds seriousness about bringing charges and the tenacity of negotiations to try to avert those charges.

Now, if you want to talk about arrogance, let's hear your take on David Vittner, caught in a prostitution sting, or Larry Craig, both of whom have never resigned.

It says nothing about his arrogance. Less than 48 hours from initial admission to resignation is not long at all. It speaks volumes about the Feds seriousness about bringing charges and the tenacity of negotiations to try to avert those charges.

Now, if you want to talk about arrogance, let's hear your take on David Vittner, caught in a prostitution sting, or Larry Craig, both of whom have never resigned.

I can't understand why you would defend this guy.

You're telling me that a guy who is looking at possible prison time for breaking laws that he is supposed to uphold who then puts off his resignation to decide if he should resign or not isn't arrogant? He was getting advice from high ranking democrats and his wife that he shouldn't resign.

I guess with some people the ends justify the means. He's hurting the people we hate so we can look the other way at all his sins.

Larry Craig was buying $5000/hr hookers in Minneapolis ? I didn't realize Minneapolis airport bathrooms were such posh places these days.

I can't understand why you would defend this guy.

You're telling me that a guy who is looking at possible prison time for breaking laws that he is supposed to uphold who then puts off his resignation to decide if he should resign or not isn't arrogant? He was getting advice from high ranking democrats and his wife that he shouldn't resign.

I guess with some people the ends justify the means. He's hurting the people we hate so we can look the other way at all his sins.

Who said I was defending him? I was merely pointing out the fallacy of your statement. This may come as a shock to you, but attempting to negotiate one's self out of a possible prison term is not an act of arrogance. It is an act of self-preservation. Roger Clemens' committing perjury in front of Congress in a vain attempt to "salvage his reputation"....THAT is arrogance. Trying to stay out of jail...NOT arrogance.

Note to TJ: Learn to read.

I know you aren't defending him Red, all these political jerks who continuously get caught with their hands in the cookie jars are ALL arrogant morally bankrupted HACKS! Even an ex-President can lie before Congress under oath and be forgiven, perhaps Spitzer will be forgiven, but it looks like his wife is catching more fire than he is for standing by him. Are you kidding, if she stands by him NOW, she'll get 10X the payoff in the upcoming divorce. :D

That could be in question since his boss was a rabid Clinton endorser, he could change his stance on that now. Just have to wait and see.

I was merely stating a fact about which Democratic candidate David Paterson endorsed in the New York primary. I wasn't prognosticating that isn't my bailiwick. I'll leave the prognosticating to others. So, yes, we'll have to wait and see if Governor Paterson changes his support to someone else.

Archived