Actor Heath Ledger Found Dead

Trae

http://www.theage.com.au/news/world/heath-...1024937306.html

Australian actor Heath Ledger has been found dead at a downtown Manhattan residence, a New York Police Department spokesman says.

The celebrity website TMZ said Ledger, 28, was found dead in his bed in one of his residences in Soho by his housekeeper at 3.35pm New York time (7.35am AEDT) today.

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ they believe it was not a crime, TMZ said.

The 28-year-old actor has a two year old daughter with former fiancee Michelle Williams. He was set to play the Joker in the upcoming Batman film The Dark Knight

I liked this guy, and was excited to see how he was going to do the Joker for years to come. Sad. RIP.

http://www.theage.com.au/news/world/heath-...1024937306.html

Australian actor Heath Ledger has been found dead at a downtown Manhattan residence, a New York Police Department spokesman says.

The celebrity website TMZ said Ledger, 28, was found dead in his bed in one of his residences in Soho by his housekeeper at 3.35pm New York time (7.35am AEDT) today.

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ they believe it was not a crime, TMZ said.

The 28-year-old actor has a two year old daughter with former fiancee Michelle Williams. He was set to play the Joker in the upcoming Batman film The Dark Knight

I liked this guy, and was excited to see how he was going to do the Joker for years to come. Sad. RIP.

Wow, I'm stunned. He has a young baby too doesn't he?

He was found in Mary-Kate Olsen's apartment...

He said: "He said, money never made him happy, he was more happy when he didn't have any money and nobody knew him. he said, when he dies money won't follow him to his grave".

PRIME NEWS is reporting.

Edited by Trae

Sam Malone told a story this morning about how Sam hung up on him once during an interview. He asked him about Heather Grahm who he was dating at the time and he responded by saying he was there to promote his movie and that Heather was none of his business. Then he hung up. Said he also did the same thing to Carmen Electra.

Just thought I'd share.

And he was right in doing so, it was none of his damn business.

I understand his right to privacy, but he must have known after hundreds of other interviews that they were going to ask him about that. A more polite response would have sufficed. It's not as if Sam was hounding him for an answer, it was the first time he brought it up.

Sam Malone must be very proud that he makes his living asking about who famous people are hitting in the sack. He must also be proud that he broke through the "glass ceiling" of gossip show hosts. This is usually a position held by women. For Sam to break through and snag this prestigious spot must make him beam with pride.

*Speaking of Sam Malone, has anyone ever wondered how small the club of "Ultra-conservative Gossip Show Hosts" must be?

Edited by RedScare

Sam Malone must be very proud that he makes his living asking about who famous people are hitting in the sack. He must also be proud that he broke through the "glass ceiling" of gossip show hosts. This is usually a position held by women. For Sam to break through and snag this prestigious spot must make him beam with pride.

*Speaking of Sam Malone, has anyone ever wondered how small the club of "Ultra-conservative Gossip Show Hosts" must be?

Actually, his wasn't bragging about the hang up. He was responding to callers and emailers who wanted his reaction to the death since he had a 'history' with him. His response was that it was a tragedy regardless.

I'm a little surprised that you say, it's "usually a postion held by a woman." Honestly, I don't really care that you said that, it's just interesting to point out these days when people (not you) are so concerned about putting women on equal grounds w/ men.

Interesting observation.

Edited by lockmat

Sorry, it was the best Sam Malone insult I could come up with on short notice. :blush:

BTW, are you and I the only two people on HAIF this morning?

But it was a good insult, because it rang true.....

And I guess I don't count, thanks Red............

Edited by Mark F. Barnes

I'm the middle of Taxes, had to send out all the 1099's last week for my consultants and finally got caught up, so I am venting all my frustration through HAIF. Also, I like chasing Red around the forum, I even occasionaly learn something from him ;) , besides he can give as good as he takes, and that's always a good thing with me. He doeasn't take all this crap emotionally like some do. It's fine to get wound up every now and then, but some people have to be put on suicide watch on a weekly basis. Ease up people.

I was with a client when the news broke and as more information came out about Heath's travels, he (my client) made an interesting comment:

"If he just got through a bunch of international traveling, he could have taken those sleeping pills to adjust his clock. There are a number of my colleagues that travel and prescribe to that form of getting over the jet lag. I thought they were crazy, but it might be what he was doing and simply overdid it. "

I'm inclined to believe that it with this statement alone that it was an accidental OD and people are just reading too much into it.

Edited by ricco67