Ufos Over Texas?

houstonmacbro

I don't believe in most of the bible (as being the 'true, unadulterated word of God') or organized religion, as such -as much of it has been contrived, manipulated, rewritten, suppressed, etc. for various purposes over the centuries.

I've been reading a lot about quantum mechanics and it (QM) seems to explain a lot of unexplainable things ... like how things can be here and there, and disappear and reappear when observed. So maybe all these unexplained phenomena are really coming from other dimensions that we just can't imagine ... and we don't have the technology or understanding yet to ... comprehend it all yet.

I understand your skepticism in light of a lot of religious history. At any rate, and depending on your level of interest in reading a Christian perspective, I recommend reading the 18 page chapter 4 of "More than a Carpenter" by Josh McDowell.

Reading QM in your spare time? I don't know whether to be impressed or to worry that you aren't getting out enough...I think I'm leaning towards being impressed.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand your skepticism in light of a lot of religious history. At any rate, and depending on your level of interest in reading a Christian perspective, I recommend reading the 18 page chapter 4 of "More than a Carpenter" by Josh McDowell.

Reading QM in your spare time? I don't know whether to be impressed or to worry that you aren't getting out enough...I think I'm leaning towards being impressed.

dvdcover-small.jpgThe book What the Bleep Do We Know? really is a mishmash of topics including spirituality, QM, and other weird subjects such as observations/consciousness ... It is written in a really approachable manner and the movie was kinda interesting if you are not a reader.

I've been reading a lot about quantum mechanics and it (QM) seems to explain a lot of unexplainable things ... like how things can be here and there, and disappear and reappear when observed.

Yes, but quantum effects only occur at extremely minuscule lengths. They can't be used to explain events at larger scales.

Yes, but quantum effects only occur at extremely minuscule lengths. They can't be used to explain events at larger scales.

But we really don't know this.

At least we're just beginning to understand how all this works. What if there are beings with much more understanding of QMs ... they might be able to bend space/time (go backwards and forwards in space or time) and do 'magical' things that we are just now starting to think about as being possible.

Not saying I believe this theory, but it is not impossible.

What if there are beings with much more understanding of QMs ... they might be able to bend space/time (go backwards and forwards in space or time) and do 'magical' things that we are just now starting to think about as being possible.

So, having mastered space and time, they amuse themselves by messing with the minds of people in Stephenville, TX.

So, having mastered space and time, they amuse themselves by messing with the minds of people in Stephenville, TX.

I think that is an obnoxiously simplistic way to look at it, no?

Let's assume for a moment that they were aliens. We do not know to what degree these aliens understand us. Just because they have the ability to travel great distances does not mean they have the social ability to interact with other civilizations. The two do not necessarily go hand and hand. Additionally, if they are merely observing, what is to say that they haven't observed other areas of the word and more densely populated areas? People have claimed to have seen UFOs in major metropolitan areas as well. They probably get seen more in rural areas because there are not nearly as many distractions. Not to mention that it might seem prudent to them to avoid major population centers where they could be seen by more people at once.

This is, of course, assuming they are real.

I think that is an obnoxiously simplistic way to look at it, no?

I wasn't aware that simplicity could be obnoxious. I agree that it isn't as complicated as the logic that attributes lights in the sky to alien masters of time and space. Is that obnoxiously complicated? I don't think so. Needlessly complicated, that's a better description.

Let's assume for a moment that they were aliens. We do not know to what degree these aliens understand us. Just because they have the ability to travel great distances does not mean they have the social ability to interact with other civilizations. The two do not necessarily go hand and hand. Additionally, if they are merely observing, what is to say that they haven't observed other areas of the word and more densely populated areas? People have claimed to have seen UFOs in major metropolitan areas as well. They probably get seen more in rural areas because there are not nearly as many distractions. Not to mention that it might seem prudent to them to avoid major population centers where they could be seen by more people at once.

But people in Stephenville didn't see aliens; they saw lights in the sky. Why would aliens observe Stephenville? Why would they produce light while doing that? If they don't want us to know they are there, why are they so damned sloppy?

I can't find the logic (simplistic or otherwise) that starts with strange lights in the sky and only leads to alien observers.

lol, indeed.

has anyone considered the other alternative? When you look around the human population and see vehicles with lots of lights all over them, you usually come up with very few things. Big rigs with $10,000 worth of light add ons from the local Flying J, low riders and ricers.

Perhaps these are the ricers of the aliens. Just flying through the galaxies making a lot of noise and showing off.

Maybe?

But we really don't know this.

At least we're just beginning to understand how all this works. What if there are beings with much more understanding of QMs ... they might be able to bend space/time (go backwards and forwards in space or time) and do 'magical' things that we are just now starting to think about as being possible.

Not saying I believe this theory, but it is not impossible.

Quantum mechanics isn't new, and there's no reason to think it leads to the ability to "bend" spacetime. As far as I'm aware, no theory of cosomology allows travel backwards in time.

Perhaps these are the ricers of the aliens. Just flying through the galaxies making a lot of noise and showing off.

:lol: Dude, let's go cruise Stephenville Texas, on the planet Earth!

lol, indeed.

has anyone considered the other alternative? When you look around the human population and see vehicles with lots of lights all over them, you usually come up with very few things. Big rigs with $10,000 worth of light add ons from the local Flying J, low riders and ricers.

Maybe?

Very interesting concept. So these are like buzz flyers of the cosmos. I like that idea!

Very interesting concept. So these are like buzz flyers of the cosmos. I like that idea!

Alien parents talking to their kids: "Earth? What did we tell you about joyriding around there? Don't you remember what happened to those Klondor boys who went down to Roswell 60 galgamars ago? You know they do "alien profiling" in that part of the Milky Way. We're going to take the keys away from your Zognl and you're grounded til' next jagganon!

But people in Stephenville didn't see aliens; they saw lights in the sky. Why would aliens observe Stephenville? Why would they produce light while doing that? If they don't want us to know they are there, why are they so damned sloppy?

I can't find the logic (simplistic or otherwise) that starts with strange lights in the sky and only leads to alien observers.

My theory is that, assuming that aliens do have the technology to get here, almost certainly relying on QM or some other set of principles that we have yet to derive, might they see us more as a lowly uninteresting species? You ask why they'd be so sloppy (and yes, there have been mass UFO sightings in the skies over Phoenix, Mexico City, and over some Russian cities as I recall), others ask why they wouldn't overtly communicate. I ask, what does it say about our worldview to think that they should they care any more than we care about deer populations? Mexico City, Stephenville, what does it matter to them? And given that big cities only take up a tiny percentage of all land area, it would figure that big cities only have a tiny number of UFO sightings.

My theory is that, assuming that aliens do have the technology to get here, almost certainly relying on QM or some other set of principles that we have yet to derive, might they see us more as a lowly uninteresting species? You ask why they'd be so sloppy (and yes, there have been mass UFO sightings in the skies over Phoenix, Mexico City, and over some Russian cities as I recall), others ask why they wouldn't overtly communicate. I ask, what does it say about our worldview to think that they should they care any more than we care about deer populations? Mexico City, Stephenville, what does it matter to them? And given that big cities only take up a tiny percentage of all land area, it would figure that big cities only have a tiny number of UFO sightings.

Why would they be in such a hurry to leave when spotted? Or do they just live in a different kind of time in which their speed is so much faster that it's relatively normal for them?

I wish I knew a credible person before and after a sighting, then I might be inclined to believe such a thing. As of now, this could just be a conspiracy to draw attention to Stephensville.

Alien parents talking to their kids: "Earth? What did we tell you about joyriding around there? Don't you remember what happened to those Klondor boys who went down to Roswell 60 galgamars ago? You know they do "alien profiling" in that part of the Milky Way. We're going to take the keys away from your Zognl and you're grounded til' next jagganon!

can't-------breath-------must stop------laughing.

If we're a lowly, uninteresting species and they don't feel the need to hide themselves from us, then why do so few people see them? And when they do see them, they only see lights darting around in the sky?

Have you heard the latest on this...? Now the Air Force is saying they DID have jets in the area.

Full article: http://money.cnn.com/news/newsfeeds/articl...13-22475192.htm

Something's just not adding up.

Yeah, some people are saying it adds to their theory since they already said they saw planes chasing it. I think it's weird that they actually came back a couple weeks later to further explain themselves. And how can you make a mistake as to knowing whether or not you had planes out there. These are multimillion dollar machines out there...you'd think they know if they were in the sky or not.

This whole story is just bizarre and doesn't seem real, hah.

What makes this even MORE sensational, is that the Air Force first claimed that NO planes were even remotely in the area, and then a week later, "OH, BTW, we DID have some planes doing combat manuevers in the area." I have seen some pics and video of the Stephenville sightings, and those are defiantely "ALIEN" to this world.

Edited by TJones

What makes this even MORE sensational, is that the Air Force first claimed that NO planes were even remotely in the area, and then a week later, "OH, BTW, we DID have some planes doing combat manuevers in the area." I have seen some pics and video of the Stephenville sightings, and those are defiantely "ALIEN" to this world.

for the videos...

gallery_1_28_373.jpg

If we're a lowly, uninteresting species and they don't feel the need to hide themselves from us, then why do so few people see them?

Because visitation probably wouldn't be very commonplace, because most people aren't very observant, because of cloud cover or light pollution, I don't know. There are lots of plausible responses.

And when they do see them, they only see lights darting around in the sky?

I'd imagine because it's kind of difficult to be silohetted on the night sky.

And in the daytime, frankly, its difficult to see small craft at high altitude, with or without running lights.

And if we're such a lowly uninteresting species, why would aliens travel all the way to earth? For the scenic views? To learn more about Stephenville and its environs?

I don't presume to know the intentions of a being that has mastered quantum mechanics. Why do you presume that such a species would necessarily be interested in Stephenville merely because of physical proximity within a mere four dimensions of space and time?

I don't presume to know the intentions of a being that has mastered quantum mechanics. Why do you presume that such a species would necessarily be interested in Stephenville merely because of physical proximity within a mere four dimensions of space and time?

Maybe they're already here on earth and living amongst us? Maybe the largest contingent of that population is in Stephenville and the lights being seen are nothing more than messages to their fellow alien kind? Lights to us but birth announcements, miss you cards, and next step plans to them.

Edited by considering