River Oaks District: Mixed-Use Development At 4444 Westheimer Rd. & 4702 Westheimer Rd.

5 hours ago, Caribomoa said:

Balmain rumored to be opening in ROD. Would be a big new tenant if so.

Ouzo Bay is now closed. Its owner, Atlas group, plans to turn it into a different concept.

Haven’t found any article addressing the rumors. But Balmain does appear to be hiring a store manager in Houston, so it must be true. Good. More firsts to Texas!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Ojo de Agua opened to the public this week.  The Mexican cafe and juice bar is located in River Oaks District (4444 Westheimer). 2321 Westcreek Lane, Suite D-140 is the restaurant's address.

Below are photos of the Houston location. These were posted to Ojo de Agua's Instagram yesterday.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CsUHarWyH4M/

wFelJtZ.jpg

HskSWPC.jpg

TpRX8th.jpg

Edited by IntheKnowHouston
  • Like 5

According to Cushman and Wakefield, ROD experienced the highest lease appreciation  out of ever shopping district in the world since preCOVID. At about 125%, leading to $200 per sq ft.

South Congress in Austin is the only district that’s slightly more expansive than ROD.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to River Oaks District: Mixed-Use Development At 4444 Westheimer Rd.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 8/3/2023 at 11:57 AM, asubrt said:

Pretty much a foregone conclusion at this point, but looks like ROD Phase II/Equinox Hotel aren’t happening, at least not any time soon. That land now has for sale signs up on the fence

Equinox hotels in general flopped. There was supposed to be one in NYC, LA, Chicago and Houston by now. Only NYC got built and all others plans have seemingly scrapped.

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/30/2023 at 5:24 PM, Amlaham said:

Below are additional renderings of Azumí / Azumi. The renderings are located on Atlas Restaurant Group's website.

Azumí is a fine dining Japanese concept from Atlas Restaurant Group. The restaurant is opening at 4444 Westheimer Rd, Suite G-130. It replaces Ouzo Bay at River Oaks District.

https://atlasrestaurantgroup.com/property/azumi-houston/

F3uHKTN.jpg

PqoU8fQ.jpg

gmGFzho.jpg

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Loewe is opening up in ROD! Loewe is huge in Europe, recently it has been expanding into the US. Currently, there's only boutiques in NYC, the Hamptons, Miami, Vegas, and LA. A Dallas store is also opening soon. For anyone who cares, this is another LVMH brand. 

https://www.loewe.com/usa/en/home?country=US&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIqM27l7nigQMVeSSzAB3eBwExEAAYASAAEgKZ3fD_BwE

image.png.d5b0ec6c823cd67f050a15b34dc1abfa.png

• Like 5

The 64,804-square-foot parcel at 4702 Westheimer Rd sits on approximately 1.49 acres. It's located in the Briar Hollow neighborhood. Afton Oaks and River Oaks neighborhoods are nearby.

0 Westcreek Lane is adjacent to the 4702 Westheimer Rd parcel. The square footage of the 0 Westcreek Ln parcel is 83,365 sf.

The cumulative acreage of both empty parcels totals 3.40 acres approximately.

Breakfast restaurant Le Peep was located at 4702 Westheimer Rd. Sullivan's, a steakhouse chain, was located on the same parcel at 4608 Westheimer Rd.

At one point, River Oaks District phase two was slated for the 4702 Westheimer Rd and 0 Westcreek Lane parcels. However, it appears plans for phase two are not moving forward.

There are recent posts about the properties in the River Oaks District topic. Still, since there are no plans for 4702 Westheimer Rd and 0 Westcreek Lane parcels at the moment, perhaps there should be a dedicated topic for the properties.

vvutpkG.jpg

48961hx.jpg

Map of the Briar Hollow neighborhood from Houston Properties.com

https://www.houstonproperties.com/houston-neighborhoods/briar-hollow

y9XILKt.jpg

Below are posts pertaining the 4702 Westheimer Rd and 0 Westcreek Lane parcels. The posts are from the River Oaks District topic, mainly from 2014.

https://www.houstonarchitecture.com/haif/topic/14504-river-oaks-district-mixed-use-development-at-4444-westheimer-rd/

On 7/22/2008 at 8:36 PM, lockmat said:

On 7/31/2014 at 1:36 PM, Urbannizer said:

ROD planning to expand to the area just across Westcreek Ln.

River Oaks District WestCreek Westheimer subdivision plat

SubdivisionPlatPDF_110517-70001_Plat.pdf

K8ljd2j.jpg

On 7/31/2014 at 1:45 PM, cloud713 said:

I've been wondering about that. Hopefully this plot sees some of those originally planned high rises.

On 9/30/2014 at 12:46 AM, Fortune said:

Did anyone figure out how this parcel will come into play ?

On 10/1/2014 at 12:55 PM, cloud713 said:

And apparently they have the property just to the west to go vertical on for a second phase.

On 10/1/2014 at 4:09 PM, cloud713 said:

So they got 3 high rises out of it? Their location is more central.. If ROD went all the way to San Felipe it would be similar set up, instead if backing up to the back of a target. Keep in mind they recently purchased the land just west of ROD, where high rises are likely, so we still have a chance at a rebuttal of the recession.

Looking at the Buckhead design more.. It sort of reminds me of a shorter/smaller Regent Square

On 10/1/2014 at 4:13 PM, cloud713 said:

Since this was just mentioned.. Has anything else been heard/come of this? Just over 3.4 acre expansion for ROD. It will only increase the 15 acre development by a bit over 20%, leading me to believe they will choose to go vertical on this segment.

For the lazies...

http://i1339.photobucket.com/albums/o701/skyline_713/B784669B-2B6F-45CB-BE33-5616976B6F1C_zpsohfcb6nn.png

On 10/1/2014 at 9:15 PM, HTOWN LIVE said:

Agreed. Phase 2 and the demolition of Target will allow for several towers, and is probably where the Ritz Carlton will decide to build.

On 10/1/2014 at 9:19 PM, cloud713 said:

woah... the demolition of target? didnt they just build that thing within the last 10 years? lets not get ahead of ourselves just yet.. but i agree a nice high end hotel tower will hopefully come back into the plans when they figure out new the 3.4 acre lot.

On 10/5/2014 at 1:44 PM, Houston? said:

I just read somewhere that the new phase of ROD is most likely going to be vertical. Will/can anyone confirm this?

On 10/5/2014 at 2:02 PM, cloud713 said:

I think it's mainly speculation based on the small plot size for Phase 2.

On 10/5/2014 at 2:53 PM, Houston? said:

Aww man. When will we hear more on it?

On 10/5/2014 at 3:15 PM, cloud713 said:

Hopefully sooner than later. I wonder if anyone knows when that restaurant is scheduled to close/lease expire/whatever? I just don't see it NOT being vertical given the small size. It's a little over 1/5th the size Phase 1

On 10/13/2014 at 12:50 AM, Avossos said:

Where is phase two of this?

On 10/13/2014 at 12:52 AM, cloud713 said:

July 28th.. a full 2 months before CityCentre/Midway announced the north expansion..

http://www.houstonarchitecture.com/haif/topic/3655-town-countrycity-centre-update/page-21#entry469652

where that restaurant is, on the corner west of ROD. basically the parcel between Hotel Derek and Westcreek Ln

Below are posts from 2015 pertaining the 4702 Westheimer Rd and 0 Westcreek Lane parcels. The posts are from the River Oaks District (4444 Westheimer ) topic.

https://www.houstonarchitecture.com/haif/topic/14504-river-oaks-district-mixed-use-development-at-4444-westheimer-rd/

On 2/25/2015 at 8:34 PM, Ctaf said:

In the above picture, is the land that was acquired for phase two of this development shown? I'm not sure of where phase two is going. is it that patch of dirt next to Target?

On 2/25/2015 at 10:19 PM, cloud713 said:

Ctaf, the dirt site next to Target is the Wilshire. Phase 2 (if and when it happens) would be directly below the camera.

On 2/25/2015 at 10:51 PM, ArchFan said:

I think the site where The Wilshire is going up was originally envisioned by McMillan as their Phase 2, at least until the recession caused them to scale back their plans.  However, consistent with what Cloud says, I have heard that McMillan may partner with someone else to redevelop the site where Sullivan's and LePeep are now.

On 2/26/2015 at 1:28 AM, nate4l1f3 said:

What's phase two look like? I might have missed that one..

On 2/27/2015 at 3:17 AM, MikeRichardson said:

Directly west of the ROD is a convenience store (built and still owned by the same developers, Swain & Houck, as the old apartments that once lined Westcreek Lane). The store sits in the corner of a large parking lot which is used by some adjacent restaurants.

Swain & Houck own the parking lot, and the restaurant land. All put together, it's at least 2 acres. ROD acquired some or all of this land, but exactly which land or how much was never really disclosed. All I can go by is the press releases and HCAD - and HCAD sometimes has downright fictitious information listed (such as the Highland Terrace land being "Vacant" while I was still living there).

On 2/27/2015 at 11:57 AM, cloud713 said:

here is the Phase 2 plat.. 3.4 acres, across Westcreek Lane, between Hotel Derek, ROD Phase I, those newer apartments to the north, and Westheimer.

http://i1339.photobucket.com/albums/o701/skyline_713/B784669B-2B6F-45CB-BE33-5616976B6F1C_zpsohfcb6nn.png

On 5/21/2015 at 3:40 PM, ahkelly said:

ROD model including phase 2 at Las Vegas ICSC Recon.

post-12929-0-95207700-1432237235_thumb.j

On 5/21/2015 at 4:28 PM, cloud713 said:

haha, no. the parking lot north of Sullivans would be the plot for the taller tower. thats Westheimer on the lower left.

On 5/21/2015 at 4:45 PM, Urbannizer said:

Is the high-rise residential or hotel?

On 5/21/2015 at 5:28 PM, cloud713 said:

if i had to guess, i would say the ~10 story is a boutique hotel and the ~30 story is a residential tower..? they wanted a hotel component, and the tower looks to have balconies in between what i assume are strips of glass curtain wall panels running down the outside? a lot of assuming over here. hopefully it doesn't make an ass out of u and me. ;)

On 5/21/2015 at 5:32 PM, Triton said:

Boutique hotel? I was thinking office.

On 5/21/2015 at 5:38 PM, cloud713 said:

yeah. office would be my other guess for the 10 story. i just said hotel because in the original plan they had some high end hotel component, and given the recent lull in office demand the hotel makes more sense to me. almost positive the tower is residential though, merely based off looks/what appear to be balconies.

On 5/21/2015 at 9:56 PM, Urbannizer said:

According to Reverberation on SSP, the high-rise will be a hotel

On 5/21/2015 at 10:12 PM, cloud713 said:

interesting.. i have no knowledge on the project. just speculation because it looks to be loaded with balconies. unless the "panels" are solid facade and the "balconies" I'm seeing are just the inner floor plates showing through glass facade? so hotel and office?

On 6/10/2015 at 2:22 AM, H-Town Man said:

I think it boils down to, what is the land value and what kind of income stream will that land support? In a free market, sooner or later the land will find the highest and best use (the use producing the most revenue) that it can support. The redevelopment of West Creek and the ROD site suggest that the land under the Target, if redeveloped, could produce much more revenue than the Target produces. Hence at some point, barring a collapse in the economy, the Target site will be redeveloped.

The tricky factor is whether there is a lease which allows Target to stay there x number of years. In that case, Target is not concerned with the land's potential, and may choose to sit (I believe this is the problem with the shopping center catty cornered from the Galleria on Post Oak). Or, if Target owns the site, they may not yet have gotten the offer they can't refuse, since the trouble of relocating or the lost revenue stream must be subtracted from whatever offer they get.

Also, once the West Creek site is fully redeveloped and ROD is presumably successful, the Target site will be worth much more than it is now. So there is an incentive to wait and let the land value increase before pulling the trigger.

On 7/15/2015 at 7:34 PM, Urbannizer said:

River Oaks District Phase II

http://www.olivermcmillan.com/places/projects/49/river_oaks_district_phase_ii

The new 3.4-acre site, adjacent to River Oaks District and located at the northwest corner of Westcreek Lane and Westheimer, will be developed as part of Phase II of River Oaks District. The 455,000 square-foot expansion will complement the existing site and the greater Houston-area with 190,000 sf of state-of the-art office space; 150,000 sf devoted to a luxury hotel; 90,000 sf of contemporary residential space; and 25,000 sf of retail.

http://www.olivermcmillan.com/uploads/homepage/image_large/r_o_d2-_o_m__homepage_1.jpg

On 7/15/2015 at 9:32 PM, cloud713 said:

nicee.. they added a hotel component after all. i wonder which hotel/residence flag it will be?

On 7/15/2015 at 9:37 PM, monarch said:

^^^ i noticed the new office / hotel renderings on the oliver mcmillan website a few days ago.  i have been racking my brain wondering just what the hotel brand will be.  these new items, shall totally compliment the already magnificent array of top rated retail currently in place.

On 7/16/2015 at 10:18 AM, gene said:

wow i guess that convenience store and hair/nail salon will be knocked down afterall! i wondered how long that would take to happen!

On 7/16/2015 at 1:59 PM, swtsig said:

i've heard Brioni has pulled out.

btw if RODII happens as well as the other major hotel/mixed use tower i mentioned earlier we would be looking at some serious height added to this area. the transformation of westcreek in a few short years would be nothing short of remarkable.

On 7/16/2015 at 5:20 PM, Avossos said:

the taller hotel / condo tower is 26 floors...

On 8/12/2015 at 1:32 AM, Urbannizer said:

On 8/12/2015 at 3:33 AM, monarch said:

^^^ although, i am not at all certain, the hotel addition appears to be a bit taller as per this latest illustration.  the rooftop pool terrace, is quite a unique design for houston.  this is going to become one serious HOT BOX in the summertime.  unique indeed....

On 8/19/2015 at 12:44 PM, Dakota79 said:

This may have been corvered elsewhere, but I was with a friend looking at The Wilshire, and the salesperson there told me LaPeep and Sullivan's has been sold, and Equinox is building a 17 story or so "new concept hotel.

On 8/19/2015 at 12:50 PM, cloud713 said:

That's where River Oaks District Phase II is going. Now the Equinox part might be news..

On 8/19/2015 at 1:31 PM, cloud713 said:

i hadn't ever heard of the Equinox brand of hotels, but there might actually be some truth to this comment..

the Gym operator Equinox will run a 300 unit hotel in a new development in downtown LA..

http://www.ladowntownnews.com/news/gym-operator-equinox-picked-to-run-hotel-in-grand-avenue/article_dc0ac710-ed1d-11e4-b25a-db614b7fac31.html

Equinox.. just so happens to be the gym thats coming to ROD.

http://houston.culturemap.com/news/real-estate/12-05-14-luxury-fitness-center-with-those-cheeky-ads-is-headed-to-new-river-oaks-complex/

coincidence?

On 10/30/2015 at 4:21 PM, bobruss said:

While I was talking to a very nice Oliver McMillan rep in their office and looking at the model he casually said this bottom cube in the lower part of my image above of the model is the site for the new drum roll please!!!! Ritz Carleton.

The other building just to its left is the back of the Target store. Phase two is the tower up on the westheimer end of the development. Hermes was busy as the president of the company cut the ribbon today. A very simple but beautiful space.

On 10/30/2015 at 4:33 PM, gene said:

wow Ritz Carlton!? awesome!!! thanks for the updates guys!

On 10/30/2015 at 5:17 PM, Montrose1100 said:

I know they tried to get into BLVD Place before 2008, but I'm not seeing anything in their website. Must be in the early stages?

http://www.ritzcarlton.com/en/Locations/Map.htm

On 10/31/2015 at 1:15 AM, LarryDierker said:

The cube is probably a placemarker.  But the location would match up in this pic (Urbanizer posted a year ago) with the location marked proposed full service hotel

15851528261_254ba79ff8_b.jpg

On 11/2/2015 at 10:59 AM, cloud713 said:

And they are also a high end "lifestyle" hotel that was previously rumored to be occupying the Phase II hotel/residential tower.

On 11/2/2015 at 11:25 AM, gene said:

Oh cool! well i definitely think there is room for both an Equinox and a Ritz at this development...which gosh i went twice this weekend and it is still such a ghost town for the most part...i cannot wait for the construction to be over on this phase and everything to be up and running...i know it will bring about so much more life...this weekend's rainy weather and lack of business was kind of depressing! 

On 11/6/2015 at 10:16 AM, swtsig said:

kinda wished they mimicked the undulating glass curtain wall of the phase I office on the larger phase II... it would make for a very visually appealing and cohesive development.

On 11/6/2015 at 10:31 PM, monarch said:

^^^ wow really??  so when did they decide this?? OM officials have been stating beforehand, that this particular site was designated "luxury hotel space".  did circumstances change??  here is a small excerpt as per the OLIVER MCMILLAN website regarding ROD PHASE II.... The new 3.4-acre site, adjacent to River Oaks District and located at the northwest corner of Westcreek Lane and Westheimer, will be developed as part of Phase II of River Oaks District. The 455,000 square-foot expansion will complement the existing site and the greater Houston-area with 190,000 sf of state-of the-art office space; 150,000 sf devoted to a luxury hotel; 90,000 sf of contemporary residential space; and 25,000 sf of retail. 

On 11/7/2015 at 12:08 AM, rayjay said:

Oliver McMillan doesn't operate the Galleria, but there might be something from Simon who does. The hotel is still part of the plan for River Oaks District, but not for the proposed tower near Saks Fifth Avenue at the Galleria.

On 11/7/2015 at 12:35 AM, monarch said:

^^^ much obliged as per your contribution rayjay.  however, i am referring only to the HI RES renders shown above for ROD.  i think that our great pal urbannizer caused a bit of confusion when he referred to the development as "here" as opposed to "there" in reference to the galleria proposal.  therefore, getting back to the ROD PHASE II development, i would now assume that it is still designated as per a LUXURY HOTEL / w RESIDENTIAL.... i would LOVE to know the brand name??  why did they suddenly come forth with these new HI RES renders.... are they about to reveal the actual brand??  inquiring minds would just love to know.....

On 11/7/2015 at 9:43 AM, swtsig said:

Not sure that's correct, urb... The rendering clearly shows a mixed use tower and hotel/mf would clearly be an attractive and logical addition to this development.

On 11/7/2015 at 5:02 PM, ArchFan said:

Regarding the hotel:

Last week, I dropped by the sales office for The Wilshire, on Westcreek north of ROD.  They have a large, very nice rendering of how the various projects on the street might turn out.    I chatted with the developer (a nice guy) and he pointed out a proposed hotel between their property and ROD, which he indicated would be a Ritz Carlton.  Although the rendering shows it as a mid-rise (e.g., 10 or so stories), he mentioned that it may wind up being taller.  

Interesting info.

On 11/7/2015 at 5:11 PM, swtsig said:

i'd be really surprised if Ritz was only 10 stories unless it didn't include residences but even then that sounds small. Branded residences, especially one like Ritz, command a very high premium and would make a killing in that location.

On 11/7/2015 at 5:24 PM, ArchFan said:

I agree, and I would hate to see them "under build" that site.  On the other hand, the nearby St. Regis was once branded as a Ritz Carlton and it is only 12-13 stories.  However, that building was a product of the early 80s and was built as a Wyndham, as I recall.  The newer RCs I've seen fit what you described, tall with condos on top.  

On 11/30/2015 at 9:55 AM, imagoman said:

Something really weird I've noticed with ROD in the first month of business.  It has a unique, state-of-the-art parking garage --- very easy to drive up and down, in and out, with nice, ample elevators (and escalators).  Yet people park on Bettis street in the back, or even pay for parking meters, including in the cold drizzly weather.  Amazing how different folks thing so differently, and yet watching the recent pbs series, The Brain, I can understand.  

I believe that when Phase II is completed, and the luxe hotel is open, that ROD is going to attract a ton of foreigners in particular to stay in the new hotel.  The Galleria  will always be a place for them and all shoppers to visit, but the traffic is just nuts, including pedestrian traffic.  I'd rather walk to shop at ROD most of the time, and  occasionally taxi / uber over to the Galleria.  just imho

On 12/29/2015 at 2:53 AM, MidCenturyModMan said:

Disappointing News:

The deal for a Ritz Carlton fell through several months ago. This from the VP of Operations at RC. Due to low oil prices. Shame they are not more aggressive to take advantage of lower construction costs. Shame- it would have been a great fit for ROD Phase 2.

On 12/29/2015 at 6:45 AM, cloud713 said:

I didn't think RC was supposed to be the flag for the ROD hotel in Phase II? I was under the impression the planned Ritz was a plot north of ROD along Westcreek. But yeah, thats very disappointing if Ritz missed out AGAIN. Which begs the question.. what exactly were they waiting for...?

BTW, welcome to the forum MCM!

On 12/29/2015 at 3:54 PM, cloud713 said:

Oh, and I emailed Ritz.

Their response..

"Currently, we do not have a pending opening date of a Ritz-Carlton Hotel in the city of Houston. We are eager to change that, and I hope to have better news at the mid-point of next year."

Edited by IntheKnowHouston

Below are posts from 2016 to 2018 pertaining the 4702 Westheimer Rd and 0 Westcreek Lane parcels. The posts are from the River Oaks District (4444 Westheimer ) topic.

On 5/6/2016 at 10:28 AM, gene said:

is it phase II that is being built between phase I and the hotel derek? 

does anyone know when they will be closing/knocking down the convenience store and sullivans etc?

is there a time frame announced?

On 5/19/2016 at 1:18 PM, imagoman said:

I don't, Gene, but I'm guessing it will not happen until O-M has two deals under contract: a hotel (or hotel/condo combo) operator and an anchor tenant for their office building.  The only possible exception to that might be that they would start building entirely on speculation that the Houston economy will be booming within 24 months. imho

I'm excited about the possibility raised herein that Target will eventually move into a redevelopment of their land in which they install one of their new 'multi-story urban prototypes' like in NYC and DC.  I too would be unhappy if they instead someday choose to just sell out and leave this submarket.

ROD is shaping up quite nicely, and I cannot wait for all the restaurants to eventually be open!!

On 7/26/2016 at 3:06 PM, imagoman said:

Thanks, Urbanizzer, for some great photos of wonderful ROD!  I'm guessing a droid might've been involved, or some Flash Gordon equipment.

I heard a rumor from a buddy yesterday, who claims his source 'definitely knows,' that Equinox has signed a hotel agreement with Oliver McMillan for the 'LePeep / Sullivan's' tract.  I think it's called ROD, Phase II.   Unfortunately, the source said that like every developer (except perhaps Hines) they cannot obtain financing for the office building and the development until they get a lot more office leasing signatures, especially a chore in this economy.  Equinox, the fitness club  company, recently announced a hotel division, with their first project being built in LA.  I guess movies and TV shows are still selling, much better than energy products and services these days!

On 7/26/2016 at 3:31 PM, Houston19514 said:

Are you saying the hotel is contingent on the office building going forward?

River Oaks District Phase II

On 7/26/2016 at 7:20 PM, imagoman said:

Monarch, our buddy with the mostest (news scoops), you are a veritable font of information!  And pretty pics, too. Thank you.  I hope the brand Equinox can compete with R-C and W.  I understand the company that owns the fitness centers is indeed owned by well-funded investors, and I hope it's true.  I know O-M will build a great team of architects, engineers, etc. to make Phase II at least as remarkable as Phase I.  As for the financing question, I don't know the answer of course, but the implication I received was that they want financing for the entire Phase II (hotel, office and retail...perhaps some highrise condos with the hotel) development.  I can understand why they'd want a complete project financing vs. breaking it up.  

Any feedback from anyone on their experiences of the ROD restaurants, Steak 48 and Taverna?  I've not tried either yet, and am curious about the quality and overall dining experience.  Thanks in advance.

On 9/21/2016 at 1:44 PM, Urbannizer said:

Revised subdivision plat filed for Phase II

SubdivisionPlatPDF_20160916 222110492_replatREV.pdfUnavailable

On 9/22/2016 at 4:19 PM, imagoman said:

I'm betting that nothing happens to any of the buildings until they've significantly preleased the office building and /or signed up the major hotel deal they're seeking.  And I'll bet it'll be 'and,' because I've heard a normally reliable source say that Equinox Hotel division is extremely interested in the location for a successor hotel to the one they are building now in LA.  What is interesting to me is the tremendous amount of work that would be involved in getting all those easements going through the currently surveyed site plan moved!  Gotta  move em to even come close to building the necessary footprint that OM has planned.  

Love the gelato place, too.  Pumped about going to see Magnificent Seven at the iPic this weekend, and I'm curious to see how it compares to the brilliant original with Yul Brynner and many of Hollywood's all-time stars (McQueen, Eli Wallach, Jim Coburn, Bronson, and Robt Vaughn).  If you have never seen the original, do.  I don't know how one does that, but it's a great classic film that I discovered on TV reruns years later.  Hope it's better than the remake of Ben Hur, about which I heard so many bad reviews I decided to catch it on cable later.

On 11/21/2016 at 8:32 PM, BigFootsSocks said:

There was a Replat filed last week for Phase 2.

On 2/26/2017 at 10:12 PM, KinkaidAlum said:

Any word on the rumored Equinox Hotel? Would have a huge impact on ROD.

On 2/27/2017 at 2:28 AM, monarch said:

^^^ i'm praying that at some point this year OLIVER MCMILLAN shall indeed announce the new hospitality brand aligned for this magnificent mixed use development.  fingers crossed....

On 5/15/2017 at 10:01 PM, AREJAY said:

Phase II incoming?

http://www.click2houston.com/news/sullivans-steakhouse-in-galleria-area-to-close-in-may

"A popular Galleria-area restaurant is  closing its doors. Sullivan's Steakhouse said it will close on May 23."

On 7/5/2017 at 2:15 PM, Avossos said:

On 7/5/2017 at 10:00 PM, BigFootsSocks said:

Is this part of ROD though? The site plan doesn't stops short of where the steakhouse (I think that's what it is) is, correct? Or am I making things up

On 7/6/2017 at 12:36 AM, monarch said:

^^^ phase II of ROD.

On 7/6/2017 at 8:02 PM, kennyc05 said:

What's the height?

On 7/7/2017 at 5:26 PM, monarch said:

On 5/23/2018 at 3:38 AM, Urbannizer said:

On 5/23/2018 at 9:41 AM, AREJAY said:

So those are the renderings of the condos / apartment homes, right? Do we have an updated rendering of the hotel? 

The latest rendering for the hotel I could find:

http://www.olivermcmillan.com/uploads/icscasset/file/rod_phase-2_11920x1080.jpg

On 5/23/2018 at 10:17 AM, gene said:

The most exciting news about all of this is possibly the fact that the run down convenience store will finally be torn down haha! I wonder how soon that will happen!? :o:lol:

On 5/23/2018 at 12:23 PM, ArchFan said:

There had been talk of a luxury boutique hotel on the empty lot north of ROD, across Bettis.  If the hotel mentioned above is in the property to the west, formerly occupied by Sullivan's and Le Peep, I suppose it might preempt the other one.  I also agree that it will be great to see the old convenience store and nail salon building go away. 

On 5/23/2018 at 12:34 PM, LBC2HTX said:

Yes, there was/is a hotel proposed for the corner lot next to the Wilshire. The Equinox hotel, is the proposed hotel going in adjacent to ROD Phase II. 

On 7/14/2018 at 5:32 PM, Highrise Tower said:

@gene, I assume this is the convenience store? Looks like it's closed on a Saturday afternoon.  Wonder if the company shut down or they closed for the afternoon.

rrvpjHT.jpg

On 7/28/2018 at 10:06 AM, Highrise Tower said:

gene: There is a fence around the corner store! It’s happening 

On 7/28/2018 at 1:04 PM, Highrise Tower said:

Phase II fence and Transwestern sign. The corner store should be on a Demo Report any day.

R1PGEth.jpg

Mka3ZsT.jpg

qhVvvB3.jpg

On 8/28/2018 at 9:25 AM, Highrise Tower said:

On 8/29/2018 at 9:33 AM, AREJAY said:

On 8/29/2018 at 8:07 PM, Highrise Tower said:

Photos of the demo today

elL1Oik.jpg

NGBqoFI.jpg

LtiPoSp.jpg

On 8/30/2018 at 8:22 PM, Highrise Tower said:

Thanks gene!

Looks like Westcreek Market will be no more after today.. or early tomorrow

Uuk2qAq.jpg

On 9/2/2018 at 4:47 PM, Highrise Tower said:

Is that sign on the fence for the demo company? Couldn’t read it but odds are they are displaying their company 

On 9/2/2018 at 5:02 PM, mollusk said:

^^ The signs look like they're for the fence rental company (based on size and placement)

On 9/21/2018 at 3:44 PM, toxtethogrady said:

I remember the old Westcreek Market. I drove past that more than a few times. Sad to see it go, but it was bound to happen.

On 9/22/2018 at 4:18 PM, Highrise Tower said:

Looks to be 2 or 3 different company signs. One is for a developer, the demo company, and finally the fence company

On 10/10/2018 at 10:27 PM, MikeRichardson said:

Come on, really?

I knew the owner of the shop there.  Remember, I lived on Westcreek for over 3 years.

The owner of Westcreek Market ran an honest business. He had cheaper prices than the Mobile or Exxon or whatever the hell it is at the opposite end of the street at San Felipe.

I am not stupid and I understand how private property works. Westcreek Market should have owned their land but we all know that any price within the last 10 years would have been absurd.

RIP Westcreek Market. If anyone around there wants a decent price on a bag of nuts or a 12 pack of coke or whatever, drive on down to the CVS, for as long as that might continue to exist.

The least you can do is say, "RIP". I actually lived there. I actually patronized businesses around there.

Hang me out to dry, I could give a shit. I care about honest men making an honest living. That includes: the operators of Westcreek Market, and even the workmen who build River Oaks District. 

It does not include people who judge from afar, living in suburb that's not even freaking HARRIS COUNTY, based on some wet dream that they have of the inner loop, that they might happen to drive through once or twice a year.

I just hope that not too many affordable places are plowed over every year or GUESS WHAT? We will wind up EXACTLY like California.

Go ahead and flame me, watch me care.

On 10/12/2018 at 9:09 AM, Highrise Tower said:

La Peep at 4702 Westheimer is on today’s demo report.

Is this apart of Phase II? Looks to be the same parking lot?

On 10/12/2018 at 9:33 AM, LBC2HTX said:

Yes its the phase 2 lot, but i'm not sure they're going to start phase 2 yet. Technically the Equinox hotel, which is moving forward, is not part of ROD phase 2.

On 10/12/2018 at 11:52 AM, Highrise Tower said:

Anyone know if La Pepe will actually start demolition today? Wondering if I should take an extra 5 minutes and drive by

On 10/13/2018 at 12:54 AM, asubrt said:

No demolition yet

On 11/8/2018 at 12:39 PM, asubrt said:

Couldn’t get a pic, but Le Peep is gone

On 11/11/2018 at 6:56 PM, Highrise Tower said:

AlBV2G6.jpg

mMSKnTc.jpg

VbfRksi.jpg

Below are posts from 2019 to 2020 pertaining the 4702 Westheimer Rd and 0 Westcreek Lane parcels. The posts are from the River Oaks District (4444 Westheimer ) topic.

On 1/28/2019 at 5:14 PM, BigFootsSocks said:

cueiYs0.png

sup girl wanna check out that rooftop bar

peep the planning commission agenda for deets

On 1/29/2019 at 12:36 AM, KinkaidAlum said:

Nice looking project but it has definitely shrunk from the original 25 floors. However, I'd rather have this than another box. 

On 1/29/2019 at 10:25 AM, gene said:

Wow I like it! Thanks for the post!!! The only thing I wish was different would be the side facing Westheimer...wish they would make that some sort of retail or coffee shop etc instead of a blank wall. 

On 1/29/2019 at 10:52 AM, Luminare said:

Its a blank wall because the lot that is between this site and westheimer is where phase II of this development will take place which is the apartment building (not exactly a highrise, but taller than a mid-rise). The blank wall makes sense since it will eventually be covered up.

On 1/29/2019 at 11:00 AM, Luminare said:

This is a reminder of what is going in between Westheimer and new hotel. This will be Phase II.

On 1/29/2019 at 11:39 AM, thatguysly said:

Very cool looking building. 17 stories is still a good height. This area is getting dense.

On 2/10/2019 at 9:27 PM, Highrise Tower said:

Equinox site prep started

ItZvrE7.jpg

rgGXTs4.jpg

N0ImYWU.jpg

On 2/18/2019 at 7:35 PM, Highrise Tower said:

Dark photo, but work continues.

MBHkNAb.jpg

On 3/1/2019 at 8:30 PM, Highrise Tower said:

F967wt9.jpg

On 4/9/2019 at 12:16 PM, Urbannizer said:

Hover mouse over locations and you'll see "Houston 2021"

https://equinox-hotels.com/

On 5/3/2019 at 10:04 PM, Highrise Tower said:

The hotel site is fenced with a red screen that says CDM7.

zD7VVKw.jpg

Zz0k6LQ.jpg

On 6/9/2019 at 3:22 PM, Houston2021 said:

Any updates on the equinox hotel? Has construction started?

On 6/9/2019 at 3:24 PM, LBC2HTX said:

Not that I’ve noticed. 

On 6/14/2019 at 5:09 PM, Houston2021 said:

Is that when construction begins? 

On 6/15/2019 at 6:36 PM, Highrise Tower said:

A chain link fenced was installed behind the Stages building.

kFu2j2q.jpg

On 6/24/2019 at 9:19 PM, Highrise Tower said:

Building permit hasn't been posted.

yvjrxmm.png

On 10/31/2019 at 8:12 PM, Highrise Tower said:

On 10/31/2019 at 8:56 PM, J Money said:

I thought the office portion was cut to make way for a ~15 story residential building? Is the office back on the table? Doesn’t look like there’s room for both. 

On 7/17/2020 at 10:48 PM, Highrise Tower said:

JLL released new renderings.

https://leasespaces.jll.com/?propertyId=752474-lease

TZQG9hF.jpg

dFgEy9i.jpg

T0SxHU7.jpg

On 7/18/2020 at 12:26 AM, asubrt said:

So that lot is going to be an office building, not Equinox hotel? Or both?

On 7/18/2020 at 12:55 AM, LBC2HTX said:

Phase 2 is supposed to be an office building + EQX hotel, plus some retail.

The rendering above seems to be for the hotel portion, hence the lobby + terrace yoga. So seems like plans haven’t changed, just dragging ass with no movement since last year. Though, I don’t blame them given the less than stellar occupancy at Phase 1.

On 7/18/2020 at 10:46 AM, asubrt said:

Oh ok that makes sense. The link makes it look like just office but I guess it is only marketing/lease that portion

Below are posts from this year pertaining the 4702 Westheimer Rd and 0 Westcreek Lane parcels. The posts are from the River Oaks District (4444 Westheimer ) topic.

The parcels are available for sale.

On 5/20/2023 at 12:09 PM, Amlaham said:

The lot adjacent to ROD is up for lease, can't remember if this was already discussed. Wish they would just sell it off. 

Screen Shot 2023-05-20 at 11.07.14 AM

https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/Westheimer-Rd-Houston-TX/28509366/

On 8/3/2023 at 11:57 AM, asubrt said:

Pretty much a foregone conclusion at this point, but looks like ROD Phase II/Equinox Hotel aren’t happening, at least not any time soon. That land now has for sale signs up on the fence

• Like 1

On 5/20/2023 at 12:09 PM, Amlaham said:

The lot adjacent to ROD is up for lease, can't remember if this was already discussed. Wish they would just sell it off. 

Screen Shot 2023-05-20 at 11.07.14 AM

https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/Westheimer-Rd-Houston-TX/28509366/

The 4702 Westheimer Rd and 0 Westcreek Lane parcels are up for sale. This is located across from River Oaks District at 4444 Westheimer Rd.

I think this has been on the market since May.

Cushman & Wakefield is marketing properties on behalf of the seller.

Property details:

• A unique and incomparable opportunity to assume a ground lease in the heart of River Oaks/Uptown/Galleria, Houston’s most sought after and prestigious neighborhoods. Directly next door to “River Oaks District”, Houston’s premier shopping and dining destination.

The site offers an unrivaled opportunity to control one of the most visible and highly coveted tracts in the city. Sitting at the NWC of Westheimer
    Road and Westcreek Lane, the sites drive by is unmatched as it is located in the ideal live, work, play location.

• Lot Size: 148,540 sf / 3.41 acres

• Opportunity is to assume current lessee’s interest in their ground lease

• Site is vacant and ready for development 

https://www.cushmanwakefield.com/en/united-states/properties/for-sale/land/tx/houston/westheimer-road-westcreek-lane/s121358096s121358096-s

https://cw-gbl-gws-prod.azureedge.net/-/pmedia/143812/0/westheimer_rodo-om-may2023.pdf

https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/Westheimer-Rd-Houston-TX/28556756/

https://www.loopnet.com/viewer/pdf?file=https://images1.loopnet.com/d2/ebkB8cvH9sMIMb165_g31AI-EIwmTUZKyodDOtZqMZ8/Marketing BrochureFlyer.pdf

https://images1.loopnet.com/d2/ebkB8cvH9sMIMb165_g31AI-EIwmTUZKyodDOtZqMZ8/Marketing BrochureFlyer.pdf

Mq5Qf73.jpg

sPgk7OJ.jpg

jcsCEuB.jpg

NeI7YvD.jpg

• Like 1