Endeavour Seabrook Condominium

I apologize if this has been posted elsewhere in the past, but I don't recall seeing the topic if so. Anyway I picked up a print copy of the most recent issue of the magazine the Endeavour Companies produces and was caught by the proposal for an office building & Starwood Hotel/Condo project for Seabrook. It looks like they want a Westin based on the renderings.

Check it out online, type in page 16.

I just spoke with someone at the project and they said that Westin has already been signed as the hotel partner and construction is supposed to begin in the middle of the 2nd Quarter of '08.

Nice. Will it be hotel rooms and condos?

• 8 months later...

The most recent issue of the Endeavour Companies' promotional magazine featured this development several times in various contexts. First in ad from the Seabrook Economic Development Corporation to promote the "Seabrook Marine District" among the upcoming area developments. Several pages later, it is listed in the area projects in development, basically stating that demolition on the existing Seabrook Beach Club & Lakewood Apartments would begin on May 15. Both the office building and Westin are mentioned as the first phase, with pre-sales starting later in the summer.

FWIW, I do recall driving along 528 in mid or late May and it seemed there was some demolition activity behind their promotional fence.

Later in the magazine, there is an ad that attempts to be coy about the development, but directly says that "the Westin is in".

• 1 month later...

So I'm leaving Seabrook around 1p today and go by the property they just recently put up for sale. They knocked the Beach Club and the apartment complex next to it a couple of months ago and piled all the debris up into neat little piles, well not really little. All of that stuff is on the verge of floating through Seabrook and El Lago. Who is responsible for cleaning up their mess?

So I'm leaving Seabrook around 1p today and go by the property they just recently put up for sale. They knocked the Beach Club and the apartment complex next to it a couple of months ago and piled all the debris up into neat little piles, well not really little. All of that stuff is on the verge of floating through Seabrook and El Lago. Who is responsible for cleaning up their mess?

The property owner is responsible. They may or may not have an insurance policy that covers that contingency. They may or may not have an indemnity clause within the demolition contract that passes the buck to their contractor, and after the storm, the contractor may or may not still be in business to handle that indemnity. But that gets sorted out on the back end.

A reasoned answer but that crap will be spread over 5 sq. miles, I can see them saying "prove it is our stuff". Maybe their stupid fence will provide the evidence.

On another note just talked to some friends on the other side of the lake in the area between Watergate and Waterford (and believe it or not not in the mandatory evacuation zone.) Breeze around 45 and water up around 6 feet above what they normally see and rising fast. No rain to speak of so far

• 3 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Endeavour Seabrook
  • The title was changed to Endeavour Seabrook Condominium

Archived