HAIF Happy Hour!

musicman

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

(Red and Porchman may or may not be sporting their Affliction tees.)

Actually...

RED affliction_Shredded_Hat.jpg and afflictionpolo.jpgPORCHMAN

Darn, my flight leaves for England at 6ish, so I can' t make this one. Yall have fun!

I'll be there unless EMME wants to trade. Mrs. P. may join in, too

If I show up, I'm gonna be pretty rank. Tomorrow will be another long sweaty day refinishing cabinets. Provided that WAZ is willing to sponsor a booze subsidy for persons without a criminal history who are presently living in housing that isn't up to code (or air conditioned), I might possibly get enough alcohol in me as to kill off the bacteria from under my armpits. He should really want to do that, what with his Kantian streak. Maybe he can get his civic club on board. And then, afterwards, he can buy me some L'Occitane shampoo (because using a bar of Safeguard as a substitute may be so offensive to my Mexican helpers as to remind them of a third world country). Failing WAZ's generous assistance, I'll have to settle for a slight buzz and you all will have to just remain downwind.

Im in! I just returned from a relaxing trip to Wimberley and Austin and need a little douchery back in my system! Plus, this may be one of the last times I can make the walk down the street to the drinkery... the move is coming soon!

I have yet to decide if I will introduce myself to anyone or lurk....

If I show up, I'm gonna be pretty rank. Tomorrow will be another long sweaty day refinishing cabinets.

We're prepared. What scent of Febreeze do you prefer?

I have yet to decide if I will introduce myself to anyone or lurk....

You should just lurk. Most of us are exceedingly weird and prone to stalking. You really don't want to start any of that up, do you?

I cannot argue with what Red said. Show up anyway.

Im in! I just returned from a relaxing trip to Wimberley and Austin and need a little douchery back in my system! Plus, this may be one of the last times I can make the walk down the street to the drinkery... the move is coming soon!

i'll be the car parked in your front yard.

i'll be the car parked in your front yard.

I'll be the one getting out of a taxi with a lawn chair and a box of beer (again).

Where is this place? Must one drink at The Drinkery? Not a problem for me, I'm just sayin'.

jesus. this oughta be fun. :blink: And here I thought this seemed to be the least offensive place. With no doorman, and actual parking, to boot.

No matter. We'll have smelly Niche. He can act like a vapor barrier between us and the wad shooter frattys.

I'm excited that we're luring more people out!

Hopefully it is still going strong, sorry that I could not make it. I will now drink bourbon in honor of HAIF happy hour.

I can't speak for anyone else, but we got home about an hour ago. And I think we were the only people to actually go home. Being old sucks, kids. Don't try it at home.

Was so nice to attach a face to all these witty haifers! Im so glad I decided not to be a lurker and introduce myself.

Good to meet you. God luck with the transition.

I can't speak for anyone else, but we got home about an hour ago. And I think we were the only people to actually go home. Being old sucks, kids. Don't try it at home.

That's the only place I try it! I was in bed an hours before you got home.

Thanks. crunch, for making a decision on this. Good place.

• 2 months later...

So who all went?

Me, Tmariar, and all of my hot internet boyfriends.

Fewer people than I had hoped, but a long and fun night for the usual degenerates. There were even some yelper/hipsters checking out the Houston Press-approved dive bar action. The young cool ones were drinking lones star and discussing where they would go next to find some women. The older uncool ones were discussing all of the other dive bars in the paper as if they were on a quest for the holy grail. The regulars were discussing whether it was a dive bar or a hole-in-the-wall, and if any of the new places in HP had cheap beer for happy hour. These 6 pm regulars knew the pricing at nearly every bar in downtown and were really friendly. I heart good barflys. The Lone Star is great little place.

may i join your blog?

:lol: I so totally think I have a future in being the barfly blogger. You could be my jukebox reviewer. We could start at Warren's. I think there are 4 or 5 people who haven't heard of it yet.

You'll love this: Mike brought home a homemmade flier advertising our state rep Carol A doing an appearance this coming Tuesday at the 'award-winning' D&W Lounge.

Archived