HAIF Happy Hour!

musicman

is it bikini contest season already, TJ? :P:D

The Turtle Club, omg is it still full of creepy middle aged dudes and skanky goldiggers?

Yep, I was there last nigh..... I mean, those are all the reasons I go there, for the scenery. :blush:

kylejack, I thought you were talking about bars in general, not a specific one. I like Marfreless' policy on the whole Vodka thing.

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I like Marfreless' policy on the whole Vodka thing.

Me too! I mean it sucks to buy a quasi-expensive drink, but it feels good to tell them to break out the good stuff (Belvedere, Grey Goose, etc.) and actually it ends up being cheaper than a super-premium vodka drink would be elsewhere.

That was really fun, y'all - thanks for coming out!

Always a pleasure! :)

...now, anal retentive debtor that I am--and this is someone that just requested 14k earlier today from a local bank, having prepared full financials and documentation, so I'm in just that kind of mood--I must hereby declare by indebtedness to crunchtastic in the amount of four (4) gins and tonic at the non-usurious rate of interest of 18% APR, or rounded up to the next whole number of drinks, on this the 11th of February in the year of our lord 2009. **DISCLAIMER** TheNiche is not responsible nor does he accept any responsibility or offer any guarantee of the potency of the drinks, nor the atmosphere of the venue, nor the customer service rendered.

as a govt employee, crunch was using some of that bailout money. ;)

'Bailout' just sounds so negative. I was executing my stimulus package. :)

I was delighted to spend some time with my HAIF pals and meet Mrs Porchman!

BTW, did anyone ever see how many couples went upstaris? I thought I saw two.

Always a pleasure! :)

...now, anal retentive debtor that I am--and this is someone that just requested 14k earlier today from a local bank, having prepared full financials and documentation, so I'm in just that kind of mood--I must hereby declare by indebtedness to crunchtastic in the amount of four (4) gins and tonic at the non-usurious rate of interest of 18% APR, or rounded up to the next whole number of drinks, on this the 11th of February in the year of our lord 2009. **DISCLAIMER** TheNiche is not responsible nor does he accept any responsibility or offer any guarantee of the potency of the drinks, nor the atmosphere of the venue, nor the customer service rendered.

So sorry I missed it. Especially after reading Niche's hilarious post on 4 Crunch-induced gins. I would've liked to have met the Porches also. Next time...

Music - Is the reading material in the restrooms current?

Thank you for arranging it, tmariar. I thoroughly enjoyed it. So did Mrs. Porchman.

BTW, "Mrs. Porchman" is the newest HAIFer. She so enjoyed talking with all of you. She'll post soon. (Viva Italia!) ;)

Wouldn't that be Mrs. Porchwoman?

Regardless, welcome aboard, and sorry I missed y'all last night. Some of us are still employed.

I feel sorry for the girl that waits tables upstairs.

A couple weeks ago my wife and I were there celebrating and more than one couple had various accessory items of clothing strewn about, people straddling people, and the backroom was bodyguarded to say the least.

^_^

Please.

The upstairs, particularly the backroom, hasnt been fun since they lit the damned thing up.

or so i have heard.

Please.

The upstairs, particularly the backroom, hasnt been fun since they lit the damned thing up.

or so i have heard.

So now, HAIF has resorted to having meets at "Swinger's Clubs"? Crunch, you bag on ME for going to The Turtle CLub ? WTH ?

• 5 months later...

What a coincidence! A couple of us have been talking about meeting for cocktails tomorrow after work at one of the new Washington Ave bars. (Red and Porchman may or may not be sporting their Affliction tees.) I have suggested the Drinkery. (old Daily Grind). Have heard the douche factor is *fairly* low and they have a good patio. Plus they don't start the DJ shenanigans until late night. I intend to be there with a cold beverage in hand no later than 6. And if it sucks, there are plenty of other places in walking distance. All are welcome. Who's in?

Archived