HAIF Happy Hour!

musicman

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All of you HAIFers who have thought about coming to gatherings in the past (you know who you are :ph34r:) -now's the time! Come celebrate the holiday season with new friends and festive drinks. And besides, this is your chance to see the mighty TJones in action.

Easy now, you guys didn't quite meet my "appearace quote", so I will be sandbagging a bit during this event. You folks only get what you pay for.

This is what happens when you can't afford to hire a real stripper.

:lol:

We want to keep everyone in the Christmas Spirit at this part Crunch, not RUIN everyone's Holidays. I don't forsee any clothes of mine coming off. At least NOT at Warren's.

Yay!

Omelet Music coordinate the snackage. Let me know how I can contribute.

Yay yourself! It's been a while!

I offered to bring some of the finest boxed snacks Walgreen's has to offer, and M laughed at me. They went pretty fast last year, though.

I'm glad it's going to be at Warren's - thanks for organizing, y'all. Looking forward to seeing some familiar faces, and hope to see some new ones as well.

mmmmmm cheez its. my mouth is watering.

here's da menu in case anyone else wants to bring something:

tmariar: finest boxed snacks Walgreen's has to offer

me: cheese wedges and crackers

chamo: chip and dip

i called warren's and made a reservation for 15 or so. hopefully that will be enough.

What kind of place is Warren's? They don't serve any food?

a bar. serve food only during lunch.

...so we bring our own food, because we like places that let us control our own nutritional intake. That is an essential factor in choosing venues...really.

Join us Friday! We always have good food. Muselixman brings some of the best.

...so we bring our own food, because we like places that let us control our own nutritional intake. That is an essential factor in choosing venues...really.

Join us Friday! We always have good food. Muselixman brings some of the best.

Where's it at? 307 Travis?

uh oh, is weather going to be a consideration for us here?

Yes, probably. Turnout is going to be impaired by the weather.

If there's a significant accumulation of snow, I'm certainly going to be out recreating with my camera and a flask of Bacardi 151 instead of cooping myself up in a bar. Too bad my kayak is stored in Galveston or I'd blow off tomorrow and hit Buffalo Bayou for the ultimate un-Houston Houston story.

As for the rest of you, expect heavy traffic.

EDIT: I move that we reschedule to next week.

Yes, probably. Turnout is going to be impaired by the weather.

If there's a significant accumulation of snow, I'm certainly going to be out recreating with my camera and a flask of Bacardi 151 instead of cooping myself up in a bar. Too bad my kayak is stored in Galveston or I'd blow off tomorrow and hit Buffalo Bayou for the ultimate un-Houston Houston story.

As for the rest of you, expect heavy traffic.

I second Niche's motion !!! For my own selfish benefit of course . ;)

I second Niche's motion !!! For my own selfish benefit of course . wink.gif

I'm with Niche and TJ on moving to next Friday. Holiday cheer + potentially icy roads not a good idea. Bummer, but safety first.

Agreed. We'd probably get there ok, but the forcasted temperatures would leave icy roads to take home.

Agreed. We'd probably get there ok, but the forcasted temperatures would leave icy roads to take home.

since when does the blvd freeze? whatever yall decide tell me so i can call warren's. they already ran off another group that wanted have a happy hr cause of us. i'll be there either way.

Salty roads people!

Also, I thought most were inner loopers?

I think most are ITL'rs.

I believe COH uses sand, not salt. Due to limited distribution equipment, it won't be on all roads. We're going to have a lot of wetness throughout the day. That could create slippery conditions when the temps dive into the 20's this evening.

Personally, the driving is not a huge deal for me. I know what it is to lose total control of a vehicle on ice and how to regain that control (or to stem the damage). However, I recognize that I live in a metropolitan area of several million people who have not had the opportunity to develop such intuition. That's some square dancing I would like to avoid.

let's go ahead and cancel. I will be there should anyone be bored. we'll shoot for next week.

Not a bad idea. Just went to the liquor store and saw 2 stupid accidents, one pretty heavy on BW8 @ 288. I will stay put until later tonight.

See you next Friday.

Archived