Alore: Entertainment Complex On Woodlands Parkway & I-45

Has Anyone Ever Heard of This Development?

ALORE

Located just south of the intersection of Woodlands Parkway and I-45.

This innovative real estate development is located on I-45 in the exploding Woodlands area. The retailers surround a lushly landscaped water feature, which has patio seating and lounge areas. Existing and future tenants include Sam

• Like 1

Or this one?

Kings Harbor Place

1401 W Lake Houston Parkway Kingwood, TX

Location: W Lake Houston Parkway, just north of Lake Houston in Kingwood, Texas

Notes: New specialty center with waterfront features. Pad sites are available.

Year Built: Fall 2005 opening

kingsharborrendering.jpg

Notes: Former Sakowitz Department Store being reborn as retail. Up to 24,000 sf of retail space available. Historic retail center of Houston. Located directly across from Foley's. On Main Street Square light rail stop. Natural location for soft good retail.

sakowitzrendering.jpg

Is the woodlands development the new marketplace?

If so, it either already completed or nearing completion. It is mostly an attempt at build pedestrian friendly suburban retail. you park in the parking lot and your can walk into the main promenade area where all the shops are. Just like an open air mall.

Is the woodlands development the new marketplace?

If so, it either already completed or nearing completion.  It is mostly an attempt at build pedestrian friendly suburban retail.  you park in the parking lot and your can walk into the main promenade area where all the shops are.  Just like an open air mall.

You're probably thinking of Market Street. ( http://www.marketstreet-thewoodlands.com/ ) Market Street is actually within The Woodlands proper and is a lot bigger (and nicer, in my opinion) than the Sam's Boat center.

• 2 weeks later...
Has Anyone Ever Heard of This Development?

ALORE

Located just south of the intersection of Woodlands Parkway and I-45.

This innovative real estate development is located on I-45 in the exploding Woodlands area. The retailers surround a lushly landscaped water feature, which has patio seating and lounge areas. Existing and future tenants include Sam

Arent you against sprawl? I know I am. By visiting these establishments you encourage more and more sprawl.

I am more in favor of freedom than I am against anything that might be defined as sprawl, especially if you define sprawl to mean anything outside the loop, no matter how well and responsibly designed it might be. (But of course you'll never really know how well or responsibly designed something might be because you refuse to even allow yourself to encounter anything that might possibly be considered "sprawl." To be truly anti-spawl, I guess we should all live in Europe, or at the very least, the northeastern coast of the US. ;-)

Arent you against sprawl? I know I am. By visiting these establishments you encourage more and more sprawl.

Thats no way to discourage sprawl! If the city wants to discourage sprawl, then it needs to create more reasons for people to stay close-in. However, I do not think sprawl can be stopped. At best, it can only be slowed. People are going to live in the suburbs for one reason or other. Perhaps, they want the tranquility of natural setting. Perhaps, they prefer a well-planned and zoned community. Perhaps, they want better schools. There can be any number of reasons for which people choose to stay out there. To think that sprawl in a growing city like Houston can be stopped is wishful thinking.

However, like I said, if the city cannot prevent everyone from living in the burbs, at least it can encourage more people to live closer to its core and attract those out there in a burbs as visitors. I think Houston is now finally but slowly moving in that direction.

• 4 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Alore: Entertainment Complex On Woodlands Parkway & I-45