2007-2008 Crude Oil Cost

Pumapayam

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thankfully, I do make a very comfortable salary, so "$100+" increase a month in gas/groceries cost is a "non issue" as far as me going in debt or choosing food for fuel.

But yes, I can tell when a 2007 $35 fill up is now 2008 $50. . . next one bud? :rolleyes:

Puma I find this a real piece of work. You make this comfortable salary from what? I believe you said earlier you were working on an offshore installation design for BP. Do you think you'd be making this "comfortable salary" if it were not for these companies, you continually bash in this thread, and carry on and on and on about over the past year. I tell you what you do, walk into the Ops Managers office at BP, or better yet, walk into Bob Malone's office and tell him how fed up with all this you are and rant like you do here, and see how fast you're shown the door. Word to the wise, don't bite the hand that feeds you. Just my two cents, been wanting to say something for a while, and just haven't because I have been pretty bust in WV. But I am home now and figured what the heck. I'm done now, just curious to your thoughts on the price of oil now.

Do you think you'd be making this "comfortable salary" if it were not for these companies, you continually bash in this thread, and carry on and on and on about over the past year.

My projects have been in the planning process for years before the oil spike, and the company itself has been around for over 20 years. Oil being over $100/barrel does not mean I get more money or work. We functioned fine with oil below $50/barrel as it was for most of the companies history.

I could be in the any number of professional fields and make a comfortable living without ties to the oil and gas industry. Just because I work along side other companies that are, does it mean I need to turn a blind eye to the situation. Should I be happy that other people are struggling with the increase in gas/food prices? Point is, if was was a low income earner, this would affect me more. I am VERY thankful for everything I have. I regret that other people are not more sensitve to others less fortunate.

I am done with this thread. It is obvious the maturity in this forum is sinking and responses are digressing and does not even relate to the subject at hand, instead turns into a public personal issue with me rather than the general topic.

Use a PM is you have an issue with me.

I am starting to enjoy this place less and less because of certian people.

I submitted a request to lock this post since that seems to be the general concensus.

I am done with this thread. It is obvious the maturity in this forum is sinking and responses are digressing and does not even relate to the subject at hand, instead turns into a public personal issue with me rather than the general topic.

Use a PM is you have an issue with me.

I am starting to enjoy this place less and less because of certian people.

I submitted a request to lock this post since that seems to be the general concensus.

Sounds reasonable to me.

• The title was changed to 2007-2008 Crude Oil Cost
  • The topic was unlocked

Archived