Minerva Perez Retired From ABC13 KTRK?

I never heard anything about her leaving or leading up to her leaving.

Whats happening to ABC 13?

It seems like everyone is going away and being replaced.

I really liked Minerva and I'm sad to see her go.

She is being replaced in the early mornings by a Texas Native who is coming from Miami.

And I think Art Rascon will take her place at 11:00am.

She will be dearly missed. A true Houston Media icon and inspiration for many young ladies seeking a career in the profession.

I don't care if Rascon reads this but he is just not a down to earth person as she. No comparing actually, she is real.

Minerva, thanks for all your years of service and making Houston a better place to live in. :)

Hope you stay active in local media events and community based organizations.

I am shocked. She does'nt even seem like she's at the age for retirement. I was looking at ABC 13 this morning and I thought I saw Gina Gaston next to Tom Koch, but it was a new lady. Anyone know anything about her. There must have been something deeper at the station than her just retireing because they would have done something like they did for Ed or even just told viewers.

I am shocked. She does'nt even seem like she's at the age for retirement. I was looking at ABC 13 this morning and I thought I saw Gina Gaston next to Tom Koch, but it was a new lady. Anyone know anything about her. There must have been something deeper at the station than her just retireing because they would have done something like they did for Ed or even just told viewers.

About Minerva, I think something more that just retirement happened also.

The new lady is from Texas, but comes from a station in Miami.

Their morning news was the best. Up until Doug Brown's recent move, that is.

My wife said Minerva is leaving becuase people were ragging on her on this board a while back. I don't think that's the case.

But Tom, Don, Doug and Minerva were an excellent team.

Maybe it's the native Houstonian in my, but all these new additions (on all channels) suck!

And how about that new Udda who is on Ch 11 at 10:00pm?

She needs a freaking haircut!

sharron melton

but the sharron is pronounced sha ron

Maybe it's the native Houstonian in my, but all these new additions (on all channels) suck!

don't look at her eyes too closely, each points in a different direction

So odd to hear about this. Kinda makes you wonder what the reasons behind this seemingly spontaneous retirement were.

Whatever the case, it's kinda sad. I remember when she was first on w/ Bob Boudreaux in the early 90's. Seemed to get better and better as the years went by. Definitely a solid anchor & journalist and hopefully her talents will be put to good use soon.

She needs a freaking haircut!

What's an Udda?

She looks like Mambo Witch. The long black hair that smells the incense, turns to vipers in my mind.

I'm looking at her picture right now, and unless she looks vastly different than here, she does not looks like a 'Mambo Witch' whatever that is.

reporter_V21_large.jpg

I'm looking at her picture right now, and unless she looks vastly different than here, she does not looks like a 'Mambo Witch' whatever that is.

reporter_V21_large.jpg

he's talking about the lisa foronda replacement, not the minerva perez one.

What's an Udda?

reporter_V21_large.jpg

They were talking about some new lady on channel 11, not her.

The hours must be long and crazy or it must be the low pay that is driving these people to leave. Darren Lyn, Lisa Foronda, Maria Valdez, etc. are all gone!

there are many reasons, like a better opportunity. some get burned out just like in any other job.

You'll know an Udda when you see one.

never heard the name, but since i've seen her once, i know EXACTLY what you're talking about. LOL

From the Insite:

"LULAC has already started a campaign because she replaced Minerva Perez? They are upset that Minerva was being moved to anchor the 11 am show only, so she quit."

http://carey2.blogspot.com/search/label/SH...MIAMI%20HOUSTON

I hate to here that it was because of so mess. I wonder why they would move her to just 11am anyways?

I hate to here that it was because of so mess. I wonder why they would move her to just 11am anyways?

i thought the real story would come out. i guess this is like marlene mcclinton's famous resignation when she was replaced with lisa foronda.

well the morning news on 13 has been so popular because of the humor factor. tom and gina were great together. cherlyle keck and minerva as well. the last change 13 made (putting tom abrahams) didn't work out well because he is more of a serious anchor. so they reversed their change and returned tom koch. that is hard for any station to do!

unfortunately for the lady anchors, age is hard in the tv biz. age shouldn't be a factor in situations like this but it is. a long time secretary from work is retiring friday...and i know they are forcing her out because of her age. it's just bad.

From the Insite:

"LULAC has already started a campaign because she replaced Minerva Perez? They are upset that Minerva was being moved to anchor the 11 am show only, so she quit."

http://carey2.blogspot.com/search/label/SH...MIAMI%20HOUSTON

Minerva left just because she was getting cut from the morning newscast to just anchor the 11 newscast?

Minerva left just because she was getting cut from the morning newscast to just anchor the 11 newscast?

definite demotion. i think it's more than she "left just because". probably wanted to make more of a statement by quitting.

I never watched the local news because I've just assumed it's all as bad as Fox news. "Are ONLINE PREDATORS STEALING YOUR CHILDREN'S PRECIOUS BODILY FLUIDS??? A CAR THAT RUNS ON WATER?? FIND OUT TONIGHT AT 9!!!"

I never watch the local news because I've just assumed it's all as bad as Fox news. "Are ONLINE PREDATORS STEALING YOUR CHILDREN'S PRECIOUS BODILY FLUIDS??? A CAR THAT RUNS ON WATER?? FIND OUT TONIGHT AT 9!!!"

Pretty much the same here. 2, 11, 13 and 39 are known to regurgitate the same media faxes the chron offers up.

"Minerva Perez Retired "...Minerva Perez didn't retire....she was fired. Get a clue. BVTW, Dave Ward is on the gang plank if anyone is interested in some aged shark bait...

I was stunned to turn channel 13 on early yesterday morning and see a new anchor. Then Tom Koch said that Minerva had "retired last week". I love the morning team on channel 13 (I miss Doug Brown, though). If it's true that they were moving Minerva to 11am only, then that is a demotion. Ch 13's morning news is always so highly rated, so being moved off of it would be a demotion to me.

We miss you Minerva!

I really liked Minerva and I'm sad to see her go.

Yeah, she was one of those anchors who'd have a perfect english tone and when their name comes up, that hispanic accent kicks in!

"I am Minerva (rolls the "R") Perez, ABC13".

"I am Minerva (rolls the "R") Perez, ABC13".

she did speak spanish well and DIDN'T roll the "r". you only roll it if it is at the beginning of a word or there is a double rr internally. believe me, i've been corrected too many times.

The new anchor Sharron Melton has been doing a great job. To me she speaks so fast and proper and doesn't screw up reading the prompter. She smiles alot to. She seems to have a pretty good news personality.

Archived