WaterLights District In Pearland

Washington, Lincoln, FDR, Truman, JFK, and ?Jefferson? ?Jackson? are already there. I suppose at 70+ mph I might have gotten FDR confused with George W. Bush. There's not much around them; I would be real worried about them getting tagged.

Oh, and speaking of Adickes sculptures, don't forget the giant Stephen F. Austin just north of Angleton on 288.

Edit: according to Charles Kuffner, they were chosen by a vote, and it's Washington, Lincoln, Jefferson, JFK, FDR, and George H.W. Bush.

http://www.offthekuff.com/mt/archives/011129.html

• 5 months later...

Last night, I finally found how to get to the statues from Houston Ave. Unfortunately, a large gang of bums (or not bums) was loitering around the area, and I had to scram before I could take any pictures. Anybody know the story to those presidential statues?

Last night, I finally found how to get to the statues from Houston Ave. Unfortunately, a large gang of bums (or not bums) was loitering around the area, and I had to scram before I could take any pictures. Anybody know the story to those presidential statues?

Hope this helps you as to what thet are intended to be used for. Kind of a cool Idea

Large Presidential Statues to Anchor Texas Destination

Mixed-use Development

Presidential Park at WaterLights, featuring large-scale 18-foot statues of all 42 U.S. presidents, is projected to draw 2 million people annually to a new entertainment/real estate development in the city of Pearland.

The presidential busts will be surrounded by pleasant water features and a navigable canal, said Richard Browne, principal of Historic Land Development LLC of Houston.

• 5 years later...

Didn't his studio move in the last 3 years? Seems it's not in the place where it was. Besides, if they are continuing with the project, it means that it's not like they're saying "goodbye" to them forever, they'll just be in Pearland. It's not like the old Prince's sign in the Heights which moved several STATES over.

Well it's a shame to let giant presidential heads go to waste.  They really should be on display somewhere.  I thought perhaps arrayed in order along a strip of freeway median.  That way freeway travelers could bone up on their presidential knowledge, so that long road trips would be both entertaining and improving. 

• The title was changed to WaterLights District In Pearland

Archived